Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official Greg Brannon primary results thread

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    From a voting strategy, it would actually make somse sense for us to publicly push Hagan. After all, we want to fill the senate with conservative Republicans, not RINOS. If a RINO gets elected to the senate, we don't get another chance at getting a real conservative in that seat until the RINO either loses to a Democrat or retires. So if Hagan wins re-election, we get another shot in 6 years. Seems quite logical to me.
    Hagan will be a nobody who beat 2 RINOs. She is not the problem.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be much better for us if Hagan wins.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lawson can barely contain his laugh during his 20 second interview about the election results. He's smirking the entire time. Im calling bs on this election result.

Here's the link but no video. The video of this dick smirking at the question of results has been shown all night though. I hope someone can find it. It's written all over his face.
    http://charlotte.twcnews.com/content...oneous-results
    Last edited by devil21; 05-07-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I recall something (news article) a few years ago about US election results going to a company in Israel for 'processing' before being returned to the US for reporting. Anyone else remember that?

http://www.diamondintelligence.com/m....aspx?id=12033

I think the "absentee voter" anomaly is where the $#@!ery is.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-07-2014 at 02:46 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    The spread on the first 16 precincts is really odd:
    Code:
    NAME ON BALLOT          Party    Votes     Pct
    Edward Kryn	        REP	 136	   20.09 %
    Alex Lee Bradshaw	REP	 135	   19.94 %
    Jim Snyder	        REP	 91	   13.44 %
    Heather Grant    	REP	 90	   13.29 %
    Ted Alexander     	REP	 90	   13.29 %
    Thom Tillis        	REP	 45	   6.65 %
    Mark Harris       	REP	 45	   6.65 %
    Greg Brannon      	REP	 45	   6.65 %
    This.

My handle is devil21 after all. For anyone interested in numerology, these numbers should raise serious eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Nope. Kay Hagan all the way. The GOP is gonna have to learn one way or the other and the equal of two evils is merely the equal.
    I'm not sure that's very pedagogic. And it certainly won't buy you a lot of good will. Had Brannon won, would you suggest Tillis supporters to vote for Hagan as the equal of two evils? What if Rand Paul is the nominee in 2016? Do you think those Republicans who support more moderate candidates should vote for Hillary? I think you are, as you're saying that they're actually much closer to Hillary than to Paul. Not a good lesson to teach unless you love losing. Perhaps you should get involved in the Libertarian Party, you come across as a bit too over-emotional and sectarian for big tent parties.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMintConservative View Post
    I'm not sure that's very pedagogic. And it certainly won't buy you a lot of good will. Had Brannon won, would you suggest Tillis supporters to vote for Hagan as the equal of two evils? What if Rand Paul is the nominee in 2016? Do you think those Republicans who support more moderate candidates should vote for Hillary? I think you are, as you're saying that they're actually much closer to Hillary than to Paul. Not a good lesson to teach unless you love losing. Perhaps you should get involved in the Libertarian Party, you come across as a bit too over-emotional and sectarian for big tent parties.
    I don't give a damn for the establishment GOP and, quite honestly, will not vote for any RINO they choose. I did not vote for McCain. I did not vote for Romney. I will not vote for Tillis. So stuff that into the GOP pipe you're huffing on and let all your GOP friends know that there are real consequences for not nominating liberty candidates. And if that consequence is that the GOP crashes and burns, or has a schism, and a new party takes it's place then GOOD. I'm not here to "play ball" with the establishment. The more the establishment loses the quicker it becomes irrelevant.

I don't give a damn for the establishment GOP and, quite honestly, will not vote for any RINO they choose. I did not vote for McCain. I did not vote for Romney. I will not vote for Tillis. So stuff that into the GOP pipe you're huffing on and let all your GOP friends know that there are real consequences for not nominating liberty candidates. And if that consequence is that the GOP crashes and burns, or has a schism, and a new party takes it's place then GOOD. I'm not here to "play ball" with the establishment. The more the establishment loses the quicker it becomes irrelevant.
    Question: by that logic, isn't it just as likely that the establishment would say there are consequences for nominating TP or liberty style candidates and claim that they aren't electable or can't win general elections- and just look to Brannon, Katrina Pierson in Texas, the nominees in 2010 and so on and go 'See?'

How's that working for you?

Politics is about persuading people, not some fantasy war game. You don't persuade people by antagonizing them. You just drive them away. Until you change your mindset, you won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Question: by that logic, isn't it just as likely that the establishment would say there are consequences for nominating TP or liberty style candidates and claim that they aren't electable or can't win general elections- and just look to Brannon, Katrina Pierson in Texas, the nominees in 2010 and so on and go 'See?'
    But they can, and do, win. When the establishment doesn't throw it's full weight against them. When it doesn't gerrymander a sitting state congressman out of a district that was hard fought and won through determination, GOTV, minority outreach against a Dem in a Dem district that outspends that candidate.
    People need to understand that there is a battle being waged against us (liberty movement) by the establishment. Left and right.
    If we are not here to change the status-quo then why even participate? You do not win by aiding and abetting the enemy.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But they can, and do, win. When the establishment doesn't throw it's full weight against them.
    While I agree, the fact is that many of the incumbents and establishment types are well funded and grassroots support can only pump out so much money and not come close to what PACs and outside special interests can provide. Now people will say, 'Ron Paul raised millions in a day' and that's true, but Ron Paul is Ron Paul. That type of support and backing could be duplicated over time, but someone like Brannon probably wouldn't have been able to raise that much, especially not without the name recognition that Tillis already had as Speaker. Yes, it's an ongoing battle being waged from both sides seeing a faction as un-electable, and that mantra most definitely will continue into November. It's why I think someone like Lindsey Graham will retain his seat a. due to the number of challengers and b. they will be portrayed as unflinching and uncompromising, and when Americans have so little faith in politicians, on the surface level, they'd see 'reaching across the aisle' as an example of things getting done. It blows, but change comes over time, which is why I hope all of Brannon's backers stay involved and don't just throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    While I agree, the fact is that many of the incumbents and establishment types are well funded and grassroots support can only pump out so much money and not come close to what PACs and outside special interests can provide. Now people will say, 'Ron Paul raised millions in a day' and that's true, but Ron Paul is Ron Paul. That type of support and backing could be duplicated over time, but someone like Brannon probably wouldn't have been able to raise that much, especially not without the name recognition that Tillis already had as Speaker. Yes, it's an ongoing battle being waged from both sides seeing a faction as un-electable, and that mantra most definitely will continue into November. It's why I think someone like Lindsey Graham will retain his seat a. due to the number of challengers and b. they will be portrayed as unflinching and uncompromising, and when Americans have so little faith in politicians, on the surface level, they'd see 'reaching across the aisle' as an example of things getting done. It blows, but change comes over time, which is why I hope all of Brannon's backers stay involved and don't just throw in the towel.
    Oh, I don't think anyone is throwing in the towel just yet.

Good to know. Just that vibe of people, after someone they wanted loses a race, getting disillusioned and stop becoming involved. You know, as the higher-ups of the GOP say, the younger folks aren't involved during off-presidential years. Not so with the left, which is probably why they garner the youth vote with no issue, but now I'm making this a left versus right thing. Point is hopefully all of Brannon's backers down there stay involved.

Now's not the time to give up. We double down everywhere else we might have a chance - Nebraska, Mississippi, Georgia, Oklahoma...

Has anyone seen or found (or can find) ANY exit polling for Brannon's race? I can't find any published exit polling anywhere, which is very unusual for such a high profile race. MSM always does exit polling for national races and usually gives their projections based on them. I can find precisely zero exit polling or even so much as a mention of exit polling having been done.

Anybody? Exit polling? Anyone?
    Last edited by devil21; 05-09-2014 at 07:05 PM.

-------------------

Im looking at the txt files of the results by precinct on the BoE election results page and so far Im seeing something that needs further investigation. It was reported that the absentee votes (quote from BoE spokesman) were the cause of the website numbers problems and also made note of the strange first results posted by Crashland above. Ive reviewed the results for 3 precincts so far, Gunny's, mine, and a random precinct also in my county (which is basically Tillis home turf). In all three examples, Brannon -won- the election day turn out. However, in all three precincts, Tillis -won- the "one stop voting" (aka "early voting"). In the random precinct I selected, Tillis "one stop voting" (aka "early voting") accounted for a whopping 25% of his total votes in the precinct! Tillis - 38/13 = 51 total, while Brannon - 42/1 = 43 total. Brannon won the election day turnout but lost the "early voting". This is seen in the three precincts Ive checked so far. THIS needs more investigation. That is not a smoking gun of course but it's an interesting trend that needs to be looked at further to see if this holds true across the board. Two of the three precincts are in Tillis "home turf" area and the third is in Brannon's. It doesn't ring legit that Brannon wins on election day but loses the "early voting" in all three.

If anyone wants to help me look at this further, here is the link for the text file of precinct by precinct results. It's very clunky but you can search for a county name, scroll down to the candidate's results and pick random precincts and copy/paste the line into a new text file you can compare them.
    ftp://alt.ncsbe.gov/enrs/resultsPCT20140506.zip
    Last edited by devil21; 05-09-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Ive reviewed the results for 3 precincts so far, Gunny's, mine, and a random precinct also in my county (which is basically Tillis home turf). In all three examples, Brannon -won- the election day turn out.
    Did the numbers from Gunny's polling place match what they are reporting for election day?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did the numbers from Gunny's polling place match what they are reporting for election day?
    I've been running ragged since Tuesday so I hadn't actually looked, but they had damn well better.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The election day totals did. I PMed him asking about the "early voting" numbers but no reply yet (check your PMs Gunny). In his precinct the breakdown was Tillis 97/39 - Brannon 123/37 - Harris 41/5. The first number is the election day poll results and the second number is the "early voting" results. According to BoE the total numbers of precincts is 2732. In Gunny's own precinct, if you add in the early voting numbers, roughly 28% (eta not 40%) of Tillis own votes came from early voting.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-09-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The election day totals did. I PMed him asking about the "early voting" numbers but no reply yet. In his precinct the breakdown was Tillis 97/39 - Brannon 123/37 - Harris 41/5. The first number is the election day poll results and the second number is the "early voting" results. According to BoE the total numbers of precincts is 2732. In Gunny's own precinct, if you add in the early voting numbers, roughly 40% of Tillis own votes came from early voting.
    If I saw it, it can only have been through the haze of extreme insomnia. I've probably slept 6 to 8 hours since last Friday. I was not in charge of early voting, so I did not have those totals.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    If I saw it, it can only have been through the haze of extreme insomnia. I've probably slept 6 to 8 hours since last Friday. I was not in charge of early voting, so I did not have those totals.
    Who was? Anyone you know?

Remember, Tillis needed 40% total or more to avoid a runoff against Greg. Playing with early voting numbers could easily account for that extra 5% needed. It's way too many precincts for me to go over the numbers by myself to see if this trend holds but something smells about the whole thing.

More and more people do early voting these days. Who watches that count is a good question.

And the establishment knows this. They were spending and pushing big right before early voting started. Rand and Levin were a little too late with the last minute pushes. Lesson should be learned. Pushes need to take place right before ballots are sent out, especially in States with vote by mail. And/or there needs to be effort right before early voting starts. Waiting until right before the actual election day is like ten years out of style.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456