Thread: NiSource and their problem with Homeschoolers

NiSource and their problem with Homeschoolers

I normally put WND in the same column as Alex Jones, but this one caught my attention.

hxxp://www.wnd.com/2014/05/company-bans-homeschooled-workers/

“NiSource is wrongly using Ohio law as an excuse to defend its discriminatory hiring policy,” Donnelly said. “There is simply no legal impediment to NiSource hiring a homeschool graduate – especially the one in question here.”

He said Ohio law “clearly recognizes homeschooling as a legal and valid educational option.”

“To rescind an offer of employment to an otherwise qualified and experienced applicant who received a legally recognized education is unreasonable and discriminatory,” Donnelly said.
    This is interesting because less than 30 seconds of Googling called into question whether this was company policy, as WND purports, or if the employee candidate in question raised some other red flag during the interview process and company counsel just threw out the HS issue as an excuse.

Looking at LinkedIn it seems their Lead Nerd (programmer) is HS'd. Also, last month NiSource awarded their corporate scholarship to someone who was HS'd.
    Five NWI students receive National Merit corporate scholarships

Jennette Sink, of Chesterton, was awarded the National Merit NiSource Employee Scholarship. She is considering a career in elementary education. Sink is homeschooled.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My wife used to work for this company. After showing her the article, she told me about one of her former colleagues who was fired. Apparently he and his wife homeschooled their children. Not sure it had anything to do with his termination but I found it interesting. It would have occurred approx four years ago.