Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annual Physical

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am glad it is nothing serious (although not to make light of a UTI) it's still easy enough to manage and get rid of.

Propoful's nickname is "milk of Amnesia." I personally dislike the stuff.
    Yeah, the Dr said I wouldn't remember anything so he told my husband what was wrong with me. Of course when I came around and asked him, he was like I dunno, some kind of infection thing but no cancer or anything. What kind of infection?!?!? I called the Dr and he explained it to me. Men.

I must admit, I kinda liked the propoful. I can understand what Michael Jackson saw in it ~one minute I was laying there with an oxygen mask on talking to the nurse and the next minute I woke up (no nausea) cussing at my husband. I came home, took a nap and now I'm hungry.

That's me right now, wrapped up in my snuggie sitting in the kitchen trying to figure out what I'm going to eat first.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Dr prescribed me some pain pills (oxycodone) and I had a horrible reaction to them last night. I've never taken those before and started sweating really bad (my hair and clothes were soaked and I have a lot of hair)and vomiting. The crazy sweating lasted about thirty minutes and the vomiting lasted about an hour, wtf? The prescription said to take 2 every 4 hours as needed. I only took one pill Thank God, I'm afraid if I had taken 2 I would've ended up in the hospital. My husband on the verge of taking me last night.

Note to self: Stay far, far away from that stuff.

Neat stories, but we need pics/vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Neat stories, but we need pics/vids.
    Of the projectile vomiting, the profuse sweating or the crazy colored pee??

HB, u r weird.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Dr prescribed me some pain pills (oxycodone) and I had a horrible reaction to them last night. I've never taken those before and started sweating really bad (my hair and clothes were soaked and I have a lot of hair)and vomiting. The crazy sweating lasted about thirty minutes and the vomiting lasted about an hour, wtf? The prescription said to take 2 every 4 hours as needed. I only took one pill Thank God, I'm afraid if I had taken 2 I would've ended up in the hospital. My husband on the verge of taking me last night.

Note to self: Stay far, far away from that stuff.

Save 'em for your bug out bag!

Pain pills will be worth more than gold if/when things go south...

(Cool and dry, no direct sun and they're good for 10yrs or more)

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Save 'em for your bug out bag!

Pain pills will be worth more than gold if/when things go south...

(Cool and dry, no direct sun and they're good for 10yrs or more)
    That's a good idea, he prescribed me a whole slew of them. He also had my husband make me another appointment a year from now. WTF? I'm fine, it was just a UTI. I'm going to call and cancel that appointment today.

Of the projectile vomiting, the profuse sweating or the crazy colored pee??

HB, u r weird.
    lolz Ya gotta laugh at things like this or you'll go mad. ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I went back to the Endocrine Dr for a follow up ultrasound on my thyroid. He said nothing has changed but he wants me to come back every 4 months for an ultrasound to keep an eye on my nodules. He also said I should call him if I felt any changes like having a hard time swallowing or tightness in my throat. I hate getting that stupid ultrasound, my throat does hurt by the time he's finished rubbing that thing all over my neck.

I'm really sick of all these damn Dr appts. For a very healthy person (according to all the frickin Dr's I've seen), I sure do seem to spend a lot of time at Dr offices.

I went back to the Endocrine Dr for a follow up ultrasound on my thyroid. He said nothing has changed but he wants me to come back every 4 months for an ultrasound to keep an eye on my nodules. He also said I should call him if I felt any changes like having a hard time swallowing or tightness in my throat. I hate getting that stupid ultrasound, my throat does hurt by the time he's finished rubbing that thing all over my neck.

I'm really sick of all these damn Dr appts. For a very healthy person (according to all the frickin Dr's I've seen), I sure do seem to spend a lot of time at Dr offices.
    IODINE - Solution to Health problems
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/1959949/IO...Healthproblems
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

IODINE - Solution to Health problems...
    Yes... Be careful, maybe these:

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post

Nascent Iodine is good too.

http://www.naturodoc.com/nascent_iodine.htm
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

ok...urine blood to a colonoscopy. I have my 2nd probe appointment on the docket..Mom died from colon cancer, so now i'm on a program to make sure i don't get this hideous $#@! in my ass...my 1st test 5 years ago detected a polyp...geez...i hope i'm clean this time. Watching mom die a slow death was a nightmare for the family...trust me...you don't want to go out this way...anyway, here's to a clean butt hole...stay tuned...i'll give you guys the details of my butt tests later....lol...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ok...urine blood to a colonoscopy. I have my 2nd probe appointment on the docket..Mom died from colon cancer, so now i'm on a program to make sure i don't get this hideous $#@! in my ass...my 1st test 5 years ago detected a polyp...geez...i hope i'm clean this time. Watching mom die a slow death was a nightmare for the family...trust me...you don't want to go out this way...anyway, here's to a clean butt hole...stay tuned...i'll give you guys the details of my butt tests later....lol...
    Keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay away from nitrates/nitrites--try and buy non-cured meats. Processed meats like: Hot dogs, cold cuts, Bratwurst, sausage and bacon.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24242755
    http://www.cancercenter.com/discussi...es-and-cancer/

I might take ~15 to 20 of these capsules per day (if I remember...) it works like floor sweeping compound does on floors, "not a crumb left behind".

OK, sorry these copy/paste pictures are too large. RPF and my PC don't get along too well (keyboard skips 15% of the letters typed, YouTube and Picture paste buttons do not work at all).

I might take ~15 to 20 of these capsules per day (if I remember...) it works like floor sweeping compound does on floors, "not a crumb left behind".

OK, sorry these copy/paste pictures are too large. RPF and my PC don't get along too well (keyboard skips 15% of the letters typed, YouTube and Picture paste buttons do not work at all).

what?...i can't hear you, that big bottle squashed all the words...lol

Psyllium is great stuff. I prefer this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-India-.../dp/B0016AXN7A

Just make sure when you mix it you drink it down quick because it congeals. Also make sure you drink another full glass of water after taking it.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-31-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Good luck! I took my Mom for her first (and last according to her) colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. She was certain she had some kind of "blockage", turns out she was clean as a whistle and the old broad (82) only had one small polyp. My Mom said the MoviPrep tasted kinda like a Margarita and was wondering if she could have a little shot of booze in it - she was actually arguing with me that Tequila's a clear liquid.

I'm sorry about your Mom, cancer is an insidious disease. You are in my thoughts & prayers, that kind of stuff must weigh heavily on your mind.

Psyllium us great stuff. I prefer this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-India-.../dp/B0016AXN7A

Just make sure when you mix it you drink it down quick because it congeals. Also make sure you drink another full glass of water after taking it.
    Does this stuff keep you regular? My Mom has trouble going #2 and has been doing shots of Miralax to keep stuff moving. Is this easier on your system? 'Cuz that Miralax is pretty harsh.

I'm a little nervous about taking iodine. My Dr seems to think my Thyriod is functioning fine and although my numbers are on the low side, he thinks they're normal for me. My chief complaint was fatigue but since I started taking the Vitamin D (Yay, Vitamin D!) I feel pretty great. He said I should be careful or I could go hyperthyroid with too much iodine.

I'm a little nervous about taking iodine. My Dr seems to think my Thyriod is functioning fine and although my numbers are on the low side, he thinks they're normal for me. My chief complaint was fatigue but since I started taking the Vitamin D (Yay, Vitamin D!) I feel pretty great. He said I should be careful or I could go hyperthyroid with too much iodine.
    Suzanna, I have been taking nascent iodine (6 drops = 1,796% of RDA) for over a year. I also take Modifilan too. I would advise that along with taking iodine make sure you take selenium as well. I had a goiter and now it is gone. I feel better today than I did when I was in my twenties.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...-iodine-facts/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a17x0-Lzw4
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-function.aspx
    http://www.wellnessresources.com/hea...thyroid_gland/
    http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/selenium.htm

To answer your other question about psyllium; it is gentle and helps clean you right out without any harsh chemicals and helps keep you regular and your gut in good health.

More info:
    http://organicindia.mercola.com/psyllium.aspx
    http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-psyllium-husk.html
    Last edited by donnay; 07-31-2014 at 11:39 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Donnay!

Suzanna, I have been taking nascent iodine (6 drops = 1,796% of RDA) for over a year. I also take Modifilan too. I would advise that along with taking iodine make sure you take selenium as well. I had a goiter and now it is gone. I feel better today than I did when I was in my twenties.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...-iodine-facts/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a17x0-Lzw4
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-function.aspx
    http://www.wellnessresources.com/hea...thyroid_gland/
    http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/selenium.htm

To answer your other question about psyllium; it is gentle and helps clean you right out without any harsh chemicals and helps keep you regular and your gut in good health.

More info:
    http://organicindia.mercola.com/psyllium.aspx
    http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-psyllium-husk.html

BTW, that psyllium must be followed WITH LOTS and LOTS of WATER. Go easy at first, too much is not good.
    Avoid it if there is any chance of choking or spitting it back up since it swells up a lot!

Very regular, like clockwork... and when the time comes around, be near the bathroom!
    I slowly increase my daily dose over a couple of weeks until poop finally floats!

Be careful, read up and follow those bottle instructions!
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 08-01-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Very good to know...
    Thanks, FindLiberty
    BTW, that psyllium must be followed WITH LOTS and LOTS of WATER. Go easy at first, too much is not good.
    Avoid it if there is any chance of choking or spitting it back up since it swells up a lot!

Very regular, like clockwork... and when the time comes around, be near the bathroom!
    I slowly increase my daily dose over a couple of weeks until poop finally floats!

Be careful, read up and follow those bottle instructions!

I had another Dr appointment this AM. This time I went to an ENT because I've always had this weird popping in my ears and the insides of my ears were starting to get really itchy. I figured I would go ahead and find out what's been wrong with my ears my whole life while I was in going to the Dr mode.

Just in case anyone else has this problem...

Here's what I found out:

1. The popping is because I have narrow Eustachian tubes and my ears aren't draining properly. Anyhoo, he prescribed me some nasal spray. He gave me a free sample to try out first to see if it helped. It really doesn't bother me, I've lived this way my whole life but I was just curious. So, there ya go.

2. He was more concerned about the itchy ears. He said my ears were very clean, too clean. He said to quit using q-tips to dry my ears because I was removing all my ear wax and my ears were getting dried out - that's why they're itchy. He told me to start using alcohol mixed with a little vinegar to help dry out my ears and to use a drop of sweet oil or olive oil in each ear once a day until the itching stops. He said anytime my ears feel itchy to go back on the sweet (or olive) oil drop regime.

I had my annual physical today and it was all good news.

My (bad) cholesterol level is down 27 points. Triglycerides down 11 points. HDL cholesterol up 17. LDL cholesterol down 41. Weight down 35 pounds. BP down from 158/94 to 136/84. Resting heart rate is 58.

I can only attribute this incredible change to two things. Going Paleo and CrossFit and my doctor recommended that I keep exercising and eating how I currently am. $#@! yes. Moar Bacon for me. Hahahahaha, love it. Thank you RPF for helping me with my Paleo lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I had my annual physical today and it was all good news.

My (bad) cholesterol level is down 27 points. Triglycerides down 11 points. HDL cholesterol up 17. LDL cholesterol down 41. Weight down 35 pounds. BP down from 158/94 to 136/84. Resting heart rate is 58.

I can only attribute this incredible change to two things. Going Paleo and CrossFit and my doctor recommended that I keep exercising and eating how I currently am. $#@! yes. Moar Bacon for me. Hahahahaha, love it. Thank you RPF for helping me with my Paleo lifestyle.
    Yay!!! I'm thinking of starting donny's apple fast on Tuesday ~ wanna be my apple buddy? It's okay if you say no, I can take it.

Yay!!! I'm thinking of starting donny's apple fast on Tuesday ~ wanna be my apple buddy? It's okay if you say no, I can take it.

Can I still have bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Can I still have bacon?
    Sure, I won't tell donny if you don't.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I cannot take credit for it, it was Lucille who made it come to light.

Now's a good time to do it, it is apple season. Make sure they are Organic apples, though. Good Luck!

I'll do it with you! I was supposed to do it again in July and totally blew it off.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast