Thread: Dr. Carson to America: “Don’t Register Your Guns”

Dr. Carson to America: “Don’t Register Your Guns”

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/d...ter-your-guns/

Capitalism Institute

Dr. Carson to America: “Don’t Register Your Guns”
    There is a basic fundamental truth about the right to keep and bear arms that most gun rights supporters understand: Registration leads to confiscation, and confiscation of guns leads to a disarmed population, which usually ends up with an enslaved citizenry.

The founders recognized this basic truth when they added the Second Amendment to the Constitution, and gun owners in places like Connecticut and New York, who are defying current registration schemes, are exhibiting the same spirit as our country’s first patriots.

There are only two reasons for the government to want a registry listing everyone who owns guns, and what kind of guns they own. Those reasons are to either tax them or take them. Neither of those outcomes are acceptable to freedom-loving people, so further government attempts at infringing upon the inherent and natural right to keep and bear arms will result in a new American Revolution.

Those of us that hold the Second Amendment as sacred, and view it as the linchpin of the Bill of Rights, have to remain ever-vigilant of anyone that would infringe on that right, even if they are on “our side” or are doing so unknowingly. That is why some comments made last year by the esteemed Dr. Ben Carson have been viewed as troubling by gun rights supporters.

(H/T: Frontpage Mag)

“When asked by Glenn Beck if people should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons, Dr. Benjamin Carson said: “It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.” (Glenn Beck Show, March 1, 2013)

Unfortunately, this is a common view held by many, but not all, city-dwellers. When surrounded by constant crime, hearing gun shots every night, reading about shooting victims every other day, it is somewhat understandable that they may be leery of the thought of more guns in more hands, even though statistics prove that more guns=less crime.

However, it appears that Dr. Carson may have tempered his view, and now has a slightly different outlook regarding gun ownership and the government’s involvement in that. According to Breitbart, Carson made some comments recently in direct opposition to gun registration by the government, with a view towards the need for individuals to own guns in a post-economic collapse/martial law type of situation.

Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who has been getting buzz in conservative circles, said that he changed his mind and was against gun registration because of the “sinister internal forces” that could surface in that scenario. He said he “used to think they needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns.”

“If we were only concerned about external forces, then we would be okay,” he said. “But there are some pretty sinister internal forces.”

He then asked the audience to think about a scenario in which countries around the world drop the dollar as their reserve currency.

“We have a national debt that is so high, and it’s being raised even higher,” he said. “Now, the only reason we can do that is because we are the reserve currency for the world. What if that changes?”

Carson mentioned that Russian President Vladimir Putin threatened to “remove America as our reserve currency” if America imposed economic sanctions.

“What if other people come along?” Carson asked, saying China and the U.N have mentioned doing the same. “We would become a third-world nation overnight. Occupy Wall Street would be a walk in the park. And all of a sudden, the things that would be going on in this country which would necessitate marital law… all this could happen very rapidly. We should be really concerned.”

Carson was asked about his prior comments by the Wall Street Journal‘s James Taranto.

“Do you think the Supreme Court was wrong when it found that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep arms in Washington, D.C., and Chicago?” Taranto asked.

“I truly believe in Second Amendment rights,” Carson said. “I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent.”

He said his point in saying that was to address situations–like in Detroit–where people with AK-47s are mowing people down.

“We need to engage in a discussion about, ‘Is there something we can do?’” Carson said before saying that “we have to keep in mind that law-abiding American citizens absolutely should have gun rights.”

It is good to see that Dr. Carson has come around on the issue of gun control and registration. He has gained quite a few fans in conservative and libertarian circles for his common sense views in opposition to the government’s takeover of the healthcare industry. Many still held reservations about him though, because of his previous support for gun control.

In light of the increasing despotism and tyranny evident in our current federal government, the need for an armed citizenry that can defend the people against the overreaching feds has become as important as ever. We must stand firm in defense of our rights against the anti-gun agenda of Obama and other control freaks.

Please share this on Facebook and Twitter if you are glad to see Dr. Carson standing up for Second Amendment rights, and agree that we must never register our guns.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad to see some improvement in this area with Carson. Still some way to go. If we can put him over the finish line on guns, there will be a much greater chance of him getting my support should he run for some political office in the future. I would, of course, have to make sure it was genuine and not pandering. Most of his other positions are pretty good.

I knew he'd come around! If Rand somehow tragically dies before 2016 Carson has my support.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I knew he'd come around! If Rand somehow tragically dies before 2016 Carson has my support.
    He makes for good VP material. Consider of course that one VP invented the internet, which sets the bar pretty low.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I see Carson as a media creation, I have not paid much attention to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I see Carson as a media creation, I have not paid much attention to him.
    It's what he is. He's read enough negative things about his support for gun control so he throws us a bone.