Thread: Voice of Russia: Orwellian US Propaganda Tool Voice of America finished in Russia

Voice of Russia: Orwellian US Propaganda Tool Voice of America finished in Russia

So, I read on the Internet that Russia announced in the Voice of Russia that it gave Voice of America the boot just before the house committee passes legislation to put more money into a big government waste project making VOA an explicit propaganda tool. This is crazy. Complete idiots in charge.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_04_10/...n-Russia-7886/
    Last edited by No1butPaul; 05-02-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should we shut down RT in responce? (their Voice of America)

(I like the "self serving propoganda of the source article too- doing what it accuses VOA of doing!)

I also like where it says Putin has gotten rid of corruption.

wtf is voice of russia/voice of america?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I also like where it says Putin has gotten rid of corruption.
    Would you consider yourself a geopolitically aware kind of person, Zip? What I mean is, how much do you know regarding the U.S. and it's handling of Russia from a historical perspective?

I had posted this in another thread but you've reminded me of it.

Quoting myself here...

You know, to understand Putin's history in his own country, one should consider that what really must peeve plutocrats and oligarchs who narrate the context of western media and some of the narrative from many of our politicians is that Putin was able to end the rape of Russia by its own oligarchs from within his own ranks. Which is entirely another aspect of this but maybe best saved for another day.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5458601
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-02-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Don't forget the "Propaganda Law" Congress passed last year... they also INCREASED funding for VOA... obvious the propaganda is being ramped-up. Another reason Dianne Feinstein and the elitist fascist in the US Senate want to pass the "Preapproved Press Credentials" bill.

It's all being rigged by the US government... do we really need to post all the propaganda spending by the US State Department again?

One only has to post the conversation recordings of these US Bolshevik Ukrainian clowns, Estonian minister, Victoria Nuland boasting about the US already spending $5 Billion on the Ukraine alone...

I don't give $#@! if what the Russians do, I'm not paying taxes to that government, but the US rouge government that's spending $10s if not $100s of billions overseas, as inflation, oppression, propaganda, and decay, hit Americans and the middle/poor classes that get raped by taxes, fees, inflation.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-02-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    wtf is voice of russia/voice of america?
    Voice of Russia is ridiculous ... it doesn't even seem to try and mask the fact that it is propaganda. Check out their "article" on John Kerry:

http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_04_25/...litician-3264/

I just find it crazy that our government is going to dump all this money into reforming gov't media in the age of the Internet! And then there's the fact Russia cancelled the VOA before it passed committee.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by No1butPaul View Post
    Voice of Russia is ridiculous ... it doesn't even seem to try and mask the fact that it is propaganda. Check out their "article" on John Kerry:

http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_04_25/...litician-3264/

I just find it crazy that our government is going to dump all this money into reforming gov't media in the age of the Internet! And then there's the fact Russia cancelled the VOA before it passed committee.
    uh so VOA is Russia's American RT?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    but the US rouge government that's spending $10s if not $100s of billions overseas as inflation, opression, propaganda, and decay hits Americans and the middle/poor classes.
    Not to mention, part of their budget goes toward teaching international media to promote freedom and democracy while we are rapidly losing the last freedoms we have here! I mean, really, para-military to confiscate cattle! Just the latest example.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    uh so VOA is Russia's American RT?
    Yes, the VOA is to Russia what RT and VOR is to the US. Although, Russia gave VOA the boot and I don't think many Americans look at the VOR.

However, RT is getting through ... you may have seen this Ben Swann interview on RT about the State Dept. being very worried about RT:
    http://benswann.com/ben-swann-why-rt...-so-concerned/

From VOR: "Russia's refusal to continue to allow the US its beloved platform for incessantly attempting to subvert its government and brainwash its people is a move that must be applauded and one that any country in the world which does not want to face its own EuroMaidan when the Brzezinski brigades in Washington become concerned about their "democracy" must emulate.
    Last edited by No1butPaul; 05-02-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No1butPaul View Post
    Not to mention, part of their budget goes toward teaching international media to promote freedom and democracy while we are rapidly losing the last freedoms we have here! I mean, really, para-military to confiscate cattle! Just the latest example.
    This is exactly what many Ukrainians realize... that the U.S., EU, IMF, WB bring poverty, repression, propaganda, and a rigged election system. I am very impressed with Ukrainians, as poor and isolated as they may be, how acute they stay informed on international policies and events, as well as the schemes of the global banking system. One comment from a economist, we may be fairly poor and improving slowly in the Ukraine now, but with the US/NATO/banks invading, the nation will be stricken with debt and poverty for decades.

A CIA agent once said, "It's easier to sell the people on a 2 party dictatorship than it is a one party dictatorship. The illusion of choice... the illusion they constantly spread upon the airwaves, telling you what to believe, what to think, what to follow.

They use the glitz of massive expenditures 'Sugar high' while dismissing the debt and obligations down the road, the incestuous push of the acting arts, sports, and entertainment... all to build the illusion of prosperity and dreams in the common man.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran