Thread: Craig Ferguson to step down from 'The Late Late Show'

Craig Ferguson to step down from 'The Late Late Show'

He should have gotten Letterman's show rather than Colbert. I guess he's too libertarian for the statist IIC.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...ow-187587.html

“CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are ‘consciously uncoupling,’ but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much," Ferguson said in a statement.

Ferguson has hosted the show since its debut in 2005. He was rumored to be a possible successor to David Letterman as host of "The Late Show," until Stephen Colbert was announced as the next host earlier this month.

“During his 10 years as host, Craig has elevated CBS to new creative and competitive heights at 12:30,” said Nina Tassler, Chairman of CBS Entertainment. “He infused the broadcast with tremendous energy, unique comedy, insightful interviews and some of the most heartfelt monologues seen on television.”
    Vid: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Late-Late-Show
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    He should have gotten Letterman's show rather than Colbert. I guess he's too libertarian for the statist IIC.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...ow-187587.html

Vid: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Late-Late-Show
    I definitely agree. I don't watch much of these late night shows anyway, but I thought Craig is much funnier, then the rest IMO.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

David Letterman owned the show and maybe with him leaving the network, he no longer owns it and whomever is taking that over wants to make some changes. Note this comes not too long after Letterman announces his own retirement. Didn't get his horse costume schtick but Craig is usually pretty funny. Much better to me than Conan Obrien.

Seriously- a neg rep for this post?

Yes, seriously. I have asked you repeatedly to stay out of my threads. [mod delete]
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Sorry that some people are unable to act maturely. If you don't want posts in your threads perhaps you should have them locked. Otherwise anybody can post in them. I don't believe I have ever acted negatively towards you or anybody else here. [mod edit]

(sorry to the other members of this forum).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-29-2014 at 11:39 AM.