Thread: Cop shoots and Kills Black unarmed Man in Hoodie. Houston, TX

Cop shoots and Kills Black unarmed Man in Hoodie. Houston, TX

I couldn't see this posted. Sorry if it's a dupe, but I couldn't find this story anywhere.

BTW. you notice how everyone who is killed even though they are unarmed, somehow mysteriiously for some STRANGE reason, seems to decide to "LUNGE" at an officer. Weird huh.....WHy is it people always seem to "LUNGE" at an armed man? Particularly cops. Kinda a strange right? I've been doing a ton of googling today and every unarmed guy that was killed always "LUNGED" at the cop or someone and forced the cop to fire. Just an odd reaction...When someone is pointing a gun at you....I guess that's the instinct to LUNGE forward at them...Because....Ya...that's an effective strategy everybody uses...

BTW...young black man, unarmed, clean background....wearing a hoodie. Isn't Obama going to tell us this could have been his son?

http://forwardtimesonline.com/2013/i...-criminal-shot

No matter where you go or how old you are, there is an unwritten rule that ties all parents together. That unwritten rule is that parents are not supposed to bury their children and shouldn’t have to attend their own child’s funeral.

Sadly, however, when a parent has to bury their own child, it is heart wrenching. It is even more devastating when you believe your child was murdered and died a senseless death behind a case of mistaken identity.

Janet Baker knows that devastation all too well and is living every day with that pain since the recent death of her only child, Jordan.

On January 16th, Jordan Baker, an unarmed 26-year-old college student, was gunned down by off-duty Houston Police Department (HPD) Officer J. Castro, an 11-year veteran who was providing security for the Northwest Houston strip mall where Jordan was killed.

According to his mother, Jordan had never been in trouble with the law since high school, when he had minor offenses that were dropped. Jordan was a student at Houston Community College, and was seeking to better his life in order to provide and be a role-model for his 7-year-old son, Jordan, who is named after him.

Janet says that her grandson has been having an extremely tough time dealing with the loss of his father and is seeking healing through remembering the fond memories of his father.

"Jordan did everything for his son. His son was his life," said Janet. "Jordan did everything right. Not only was he a college student, he was working part time. He’s not the way the police portrayed him. He’s a father. He’s a grandson. He’s a son. And he was just taken away from us so soon."

Janet has denied the details from police reports that have surfaced about her son and believes the Houston Police Department (HPD) is trying to provide justification for the series of events that led to her son’s death; a series of events that she believes doesn’t quite add up.

According to police reports, Jordan was shot dead by Castro when he allegedly saw him riding his bike through the strip mall parking lot and allegedly looking into local businesses.

According to those reports, the suspicious officer approached Jordan and asked to see his identification, to which the officer claims Jordan began to scuffle with him and ran away. Castro claims that a foot chase ensued, before the officer caught up with Jordan and cornered him in an alley behind the strip mall. Castro told investigators that Jordan lunged at him and charged towards him, prompting him to discharge his weapon and kill the young man.

Castro claimed that he was on the lookout for hoodie-wearing armed robbery suspects and believed Jordan matched the description of one of the three robbers who wore black hoodies and had recently held up three stores at the strip mall. Jordan, who was unarmed when he was gunned down that fateful evening, happened to be wearing a black hoodie.

Immediately after the shooting, and well before Jordan was named as the victim, police were sharing a narrative with the media that Castro had killed Jordan because he was a suspect in the recent string of robberies.

(continued at the link)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you smell that? Yeah, it's bull$#@!.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Do you smell that? Yeah, it's bull$#@!.
    Yes, it's a pretty strong smell. Could it be "the suspicious officer"?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I don't even wear hoodies anymore

it started with dogs, and now its people. it may be blacks now, but if they get away with it then whites will be next

...again?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

So how is this substantially different than the Martin case?

Let me guess, nobody makes a peep, there is no murder trial, no major controversy, and all because it was a cop that did the killing.

That's the problem with society, these days: even the people give cops a pass, but they'll tear George Zimmerman a new one because he's just some guy.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Update:
    HOUSTON
    A grand jury on Tuesday declined to indict a Houston police officer in the January fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, a decision that follows similar grand jury outcomes in recent officer-involved deaths in Missouri, New York and Wisconsin.

The Harris County panel returned its decision in the case of Juventino Castro, who shot and killed 26-year-old Jordan Baker on Jan. 16. Castro, who is Hispanic, was off duty but in uniform, working an extra security job at a strip mall where there had been several robberies

Castro attempted to stop Baker, who briefly struggled with the officer and then began running, Houston police said at the time. Department spokesman Kese Smith said Baker "put his hands in his waistband, crouches down, charges the officer and tells the officer, 'I told you I am not going to jail.'" Castro fired once, striking Baker

A Houston Chronicle examination of grand jury actions has found Houston police officers have been cleared in all shootings since 2008.
    Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/st...#storylink=cpy

And another walks.....
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-23-2014 at 04:50 PM.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

The grand jury system is corrupt most everywhere , but the one in Harris County is known for being especially bad. You can actually send in an application to be on the grand jury (here in my county grand jurors are supposedly picked "at random" -- yeah, right -- but at least you can't directly "apply" to be a grand juror, so far as I know). I'm guessing that the type who would actually "apply" to be on a corrupt county's grand jury are most likely to be retired "law and order" busy body-types.

I think it may be Harris County where a cop serving on the grand jury bullied a woman into giving false testimony in a murder case involving a cop who was killed (I remember something like that being posted here recently, just not the details, maybe somebody with a better memory can find that out).

I remember reading somewhere that people who served on the grand jury there also qualified for such "perks" as joy rides in police helicopters, special "ride alongs", and tours of the county morgue (I'm not sure how that could be much of a perk, but I guess to a cop sucker-type it might be thrilling).

Oh, I guess they don't offer the helicopter rides any longer :

Why would I want to serve on a Grand Jury?

Only a small percentage of citizens are privileged to serve on a grand jury. Those who take advantage of this unusual opportunity enjoy having a close up view of the criminal justice system and participating in the process. Serving on a grand jury provides a unique education about our criminal justice system.

Grand jurors meet new and interesting people and often form lasting bonds with fellow grand jurors. We always receive letters from former grand jurors stating what a rewarding experience they had and how much they will miss their fellow grand jurors.

Grand jurors are also offered the opportunity to ride with a patrol officer from the Harris County Sheriff's Department and take a tour of the county morgue.
    http://www.justex.net/grandjuryinfo/faq.aspx
    Last edited by SeanTX; 12-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The grand jury system is corrupt most everywhere , but the one in Harris County is known for being especially bad. You can actually send in an application to be on the grand jury (here grand jurors are supposedly picked "at random" -- yeah, right -- but at least you can't directly "apply" to be a grand juror, so far as I know). I'm guessing that the type who would actually "apply" to be on a corrupt county's grand jury are most likely to be "law and order" types.

I remember reading somewhere that people who served on the grand jury there also qualified for such "perks" as joy rides in police helicopters, special "ride alongs", and tours of the county morgue (I'm not sure how that could be much of a perk, but I guess to a cop sucker-type it might be thrilling).

Oh, I guess they don't offer the helicopter rides any longer :

http://www.justex.net/grandjuryinfo/faq.aspx
    Maybe libertarians who live in those places should apply to get on the grand jury? Perhaps they could make a positive difference.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Maybe libertarians who live in those places should apply to get on the grand jury? Perhaps they could make a positive difference.
    until this symbiotic relationship between cops and prosecutors ends, this 'Grand Jury' BS will continue.

What part of justice will not be found in their courts is hard to understand?

Members of the "Just-Us" department take care of each other......

In fact there is a growing sub-movement to the liberty movement to focus on filling the grand juries with liberty folk, for the purpose of judging the law, and cases like this.

A liberty person on a Grand Jury can, for example, refuse to vote for an indictment for any victimless crimes. Put enough liberty people on that GJ and you are a swing vote, put a few more and you are the decider vote. such a strategy could theoretically have a large impact on local conditions, and it involved largely becoming the guy in charge of assembling the Grand Juries.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    A liberty person on a Grand Jury can, for example, refuse to vote for an indictment for any victimless crimes. Put enough liberty people on that GJ and you are a swing vote, put a few more and you are the decider vote. such a strategy could theoretically have a large impact on local conditions, and it involved largely becoming the guy in charge of assembling the Grand Juries.
    you're assuming the Prosecutor will allow people with no connections to law enforcement to be cleared to be on a GJ...
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 12-23-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    you're assuming the Prosecutor will allow people with no connections to law enforcement to be cleared to be on a GJ...
    Well, it's not my plan, so I'm not assuming anything. however apparently there is in most States a provision for a GJ that was self selected and not selected by the prosecutors. I'm familiar with a few of the people in the citizens grand jury movement, not exactly perfectly familiar with their explicit strategy.

ETA "Common Law Grand Jury" something recent from the sovereign citizens people.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 12-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.