Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dashcam Captures Woman Being Shot By Police

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If the jury is stacked with good friends of the accused they will not convict him.

This is the "down"side of Jury Nullification. But is never questioned when the State does it.
    A "fair" jury would be comprised of 6 friends of the defendant and 6 friends of the victim, insuring that the government must have a rock solid case before even attempting to waste the taxpayers money on a trial.

The charges and attached sentencing would have to be "fair" if friends of the defendant were going to vote favorably to the prosecution...

Law and the legal system was intended to be painful for the government, assuring that the accused actually deserved to be punished. But the lawyers have $#@!ed that up too, well over 90% of the accused accept "plea-bargains" because they know they'll never be able to seat a fair and impartial jury.

As more peoples lives are affected by the "Just-Us" system more will opt for trial in the street and that's why I believe there's such an increase in SWAT warrants where the accused never sees the light of day for years or decades...

It has nothing to do with protecting society and everything to do with perpetuating the "Just-Us" system that feeds on society....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The only reason anybody's life was put at risk was because of the multi state high speed chase initiated by the cops.

Funny how "Officer Safety" no longer is a concern when it's a high speed car chase through crowded streets and open highways by a bunch of cops looking to get their beat on for the day.

Especially when that considering more cops die every year in car crashes than do by gunfire.

Well, that's actually one of the excuses cops and cops supporters typically use when the police beat the holy hell out of people after high speed chases -- the person had it coming because by fleeing the perp put the lives of mundanes and officers at risk.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Well, that's actually one of the excuses cops and cops supporters typically use when the police beat the holy hell out of people after high speed chases -- the person had it coming because by fleeing the perp put the lives of mundanes and officers at risk.
    Yes, that they do.

I'm just pointing out their justification holds no water, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    They would not be running if they were not being chased.

Wait for them to get out of and away from the car before confronting them.. They had her address. They know where she lives..

but that would require actual thought processes.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They would not be running if they were not being chased.

Wait for them to get out of and away from the car before confronting them.. They had her address. They know where she lives..

but that would require actual thought processes.
    Kops-n-coon hounds have quite a bit in common.......

They'll follow their prey until they either catch it or tree it...

Once treed they'll both bay for help from their superiors...

"Taylor also told investigators he did not have a clear view into her car when he fired."

Wait a minute....So you admit that you couldn't see properly into the car? So maybe you shouldn't be firing into a vehicle that you can't really see what's going on inside?

Jesus, even in the movies when the cops can't get a good view of what the bad guys are doing, the cops don't start blindly firing into the bad guys. Even in this fictional world, the cops show some kind of restraint. But that doesn't apply in the real world...

Fact is that this is happening far too often. If you do a search on teenagers and others shot and killed by police in high speed chases--there are literally a mass amount of cases just like this one. In some cases the police were justified and others where they could have handled it better without having to kill the driver or drivers.

In this case--this guy had back up behind him, her car was basically dead in an open field. She had no where to run. So why did he feel the need to get out of his car and start shooting? He could have remained in his car until back up arrived, which were close behind. They could have apprehended her right there in that open field as far as I can tell.

This just seems to be a case where it could have been handled far better than it was. I do believe this cop is going to have to answer some serious questions as to why he did what he did. If fear is his only excuse--he's going to have a serious problem IMO.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-28-2014 at 06:54 AM.

This thread was never updated...

"the district attorney says the officer felt his life was in danger and was acting in self defense"

Texas cop in NM shooting will not face charges
    By Alex Goldsmith Published: August 6, 2014, 10:37 am

HOBBS, N.M. (KRQE) – The Texas police officer who fatally shot a woman during a chase in New Mexico will not face any legal action.

Amy Reyna, 35, was shot five times after a chase that started in Denver City, Texas, and ended near Hobbs in October.

Reyna, who had felony warrants in Texas and New Mexico, had pulled into a pasture near Hobbs when Denver City officers surrounded her vehicle, opened fire and killed her.

Officer Ryan Taylor was the only officer facing Reyna and he says he saw her reach for something he thought was a weapon.

No weapon was found, but the district attorney says the officer felt his life was in danger and was acting in self defense.
    http://krqe.com/2014/08/06/texas-cop...-face-charges/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This thread was never updated...

"the district attorney says the officer felt his life was in danger and was acting in self defense"
    Oh big surprise. Why did he walk right up to the disabled car if he was in fear of his life?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Comply or die.
    or...comply and die...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    or...comply and die...
    I think now, it's just die

No weapon was found, but the district attorney says the officer felt his life was in danger and was acting in self defense.
    Gee whiz, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Time for some more SWLODs

Nothing to see here, move along. The deceased does not qualify for special victim status as determined by your Marxist propaganda masters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

RIP.

not much else to say that hasn't been said already....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12