Brannon 20% 15% 13% 15%
    Harris 15% 11% 9% 6%
    Grant 2% 6% 5% 11%
    Kryn 2% 2% 0% 3%
    Snyder 2% 3% 5% 4%
    Alexander 1% 6% 1% 7%
    Bradshaw 1% 1% 2% 4%
    SE/NS 19% 34% 38% 23%

40% is the cutoff needed to avoid a runoff.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@!. Tillis is at 39%? That's really cutting it close.

Biting my fingernails!!! Come on NC!!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    $#@!. Tillis is at 39%? That's really cutting it close.
    The NRA is spending a lot of $$ on Robocalls for Tillis.

If anyone hasn't cancelled their NRA membership and joined NAGR or GOA, then know your money is going to stifle liberty.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

That's a big jump for Tillis. 5% margin of error.

What gave Tillis such a bump in the past 3 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    What gave Tillis such a bump in the past 3 weeks?
    The establishment machine.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That poll included ZERO voters under the age of 35. In the last one, 14% of the poll was under age 35.

Not saying it isn't accurate, it is just hard to take it seriously when our of 392 people there were none under the age of 35. Lack credibility.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wealeat View Post
    That poll included ZERO voters under the age of 35. In the last one, 14% of the poll was under age 35.

Not saying it isn't accurate, it is just hard to take it seriously when our of 392 people there were none under the age of 35. Lack credibility.
    I didn't notice that and that's a very good point. They did poll 3% of voters between 18-34 but that is still abnormal and puts the whole poll into question.

This poll was sponsored by Civitas Institute, which is run by establishment Republicans.

Not saying there's definitely fudging involved, but I tend not to trust partisan-sponsored polling, be it PPP or Civitas.

It won't matter if those under 35 don't vote though!!!! Must turn out younger people in NC that support Greg. I think Tillis' 39% is a little too "convenient" looking. Greg has been sending out emails saying he needs cash for the final push so please donate!!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I tend to watch averages and trends over time when it comes to polls. Let's say no one gets the requisite 40% and Brannon and Tillis are the top two, would Brannon get more support than Tillis from the supporters of other candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    I tend to watch averages and trends over time when it comes to polls. Let's say no one gets the requisite 40% and Brannon and Tillis are the top two, would Brannon get more support than Tillis from the supporters of other candidates?
    All bets are off once it goes to a runoff, there is no telling what will happen. It just needs to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

They'll rig it for Tillis to win. There's just now way Brannon will be allowed in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    All bets are off once it goes to a runoff, there is no telling what will happen. It just needs to happen.
    Yep. Tillis is just not liked very much here. He can get votes of low-info types and establishment water-carriers in the primary but in a run-off with a lower overall turnout, he's very vulnerable.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    They'll rig it for Tillis to win. There's just now way Brannon will be allowed in the Senate.
    That's what I though when Rand ran for Senate. I don't think it is all rigged.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The establishment machine.
    There's definitely some truth to that since I've been seeing more Tillis tv ads lately. These results are suspect though since the last PPP poll on April 6 had Tillis at 19%. 21% jump? Naaa....not buying that. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle so that would put Tillis 29% and Greg 18-19%.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's definitely some truth to that since I've been seeing more Tillis tv ads lately. These results are suspect though since the last PPP poll on April 6 had Tillis at 19%. 21% jump? Naaa....not buying that. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle so that would put Tillis 29% and Greg 18-19%.
    Have you seen any Brannon ads?

Ads do count for polling strength. Currently Mark Jacobs has poured money into his senate race here in Iowa. He has been in the race the shortest amount of time but is polling higher than anyone else. I guess it's good to be able to self fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Have you seen any Brannon ads?
    No I have not, however I don't keep a tv watching schedule where political ads typically are run. Ive seen a few pro-Tillis ads (usually by Rove's PAC), a few anti-Tillis ads, and a few anti-Hagan ads. They're all PAC sponsored late night spots that I see. My tv isn't on right now and this is when the ads are hot and heavy.

I don't understand how a state like NC could elect an establishment guy over Brannon. What's the appeal of Tillis?
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    The NRA is spending a lot of $$ on Robocalls for Tillis.

If anyone hasn't cancelled their NRA membership and joined NAGR or GOA, then know your money is going to stifle liberty.
    I wish I could burn my NRA lifetime member card all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I don't understand how a state like NC could elect an establishment guy over Brannon. What's the appeal of Tillis?
    deceit. Karl Rove is laser focused here and has been since 2012. He wants to claim victory for turning NC red again. So the whole State is flooded with lies right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    This poll was sponsored by Civitas Institute, which is run by establishment Republicans.

Not saying there's definitely fudging involved, but I tend not to trust partisan-sponsored polling, be it PPP or Civitas.
    Good call!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not sure about that. I didn't know that young voters were particularly known for participation in Primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I wish I could burn my NRA lifetime member card all over again.
    I hear ya. Stopped mine years ago when they could have stopped some key Supreme Court nominations and sat on their butts instead. Its Gunowners of America for me hereafter.

What happened to Grant and Alexander? I was hoping Grant would stay around 10-12% and Alexander and Harris as well. I didn't think Grant did that poorly in the debate I watched.

It is a survey of 392 people that is supposed to represent an electorate. You can't tell me that no one under the age of 35 is going to vote in the primary. I'm under 30 and have voted in 4 different GOP primaries.

I'm saying that the poll lacks credibility. It is supposed to be scientific. Their previous polls were showing around a 10-15% portion under 35, that seems about right. This one had 0%.

It is fishy. That's all.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-03-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast