Thread: Mike Huckabee fails to meet monthly goal -- bet the media won't report THAT.

Mike Huckabee fails to meet monthly goal -- bet the media won't report THAT.

Mike Huckabee has officially fallen just short of meeting his (ambitious! ooo) monthly goal of $2,067,521 as of December 1, 12:00 am EST. And of course, because one grassroots supporter floated the idea that we should try for $12 million on a spontaneous mini-bomb (which would have set a one-day goal that's substantially higher than Huckabee's entire month's goal), the media now reports that the Paul campaign is falling apart. But I bet the media will be gloating over Huckabee and how his throngs of supporters put an incredible $2 million of their money where their mouth is in just a MONTH! So, don't get discouraged when the media gloats over Huckabee and fights to suppress Paul's success after today.

Remember, remember, remember:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We raised nearly 1/3 of his monthly goal in one day and he still didn't make his goal. Screw Huckabee.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by aspiringconstitutionalist View Post

Remember, remember, remember:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
    We're probably somewhere between the ridiculing and the fighting now.

Looks like the hucksarmy forum is down! Are all the RP supporters flooding it to see the excuses they make up? lol

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

PWNED.

* Immediately upon taking office, Governor Huckabee signed a sales tax hike in 1996 to fund the Games and Fishing Commission and the Department of Parks and Tourism (Cato Policy Analysis No. 315, 09/03/98).
    * He supported an internet sales tax in 2001 (Americans for Tax Reform 01/07/07).
    * He publicly opposed the repeal of a sales tax on groceries and medicine in 2002 (Arkansas News Bureau 08/30/02).
    * He signed bills raising taxes on gasoline (1999), cigarettes (2003) (Americans for Tax Reform 01/07/07), and a $5.25 per day bed-tax on private nursing home patients in 2001 (Arkansas New Bureau 03/01/01).
    * He proposed another sales take hike in 2002 to fund education improvements (Arkansas News Bureau 12/05/02).
    * He opposed a congressional measure to ban internet taxes in 2003 (Arkansas News Bureau 11/21/03).
    * In 2004, he allowed a 17% sales tax increase to become law (The Gurdon Times 03/02/04).

That along with his stance on banning public smoking, has made me vehemently hate this guy, and i laugh hystericly when he falls short.

Again, hes the vertical canidate, with a horizontal fundraising chart.

For all practical purposes they made it. No need to be haters.

Why are people still crying about what the Media says.
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    We raised nearly 1/3 of his monthly goal in one day and he still didn't make his goal. Screw Huckabee.
    Heh no we raised DOUBLE his monthly goal in one day (Nov 5th)and then got 1/3 of his monthly goal today!

Quote Originally Posted by pickfair View Post
    We're probably somewhere between the ridiculing and the fighting now.
    I'd say our foot in the "being fought" turf is far more firmly planted than our foot in the "being ridiculed" turf these days.

Did anyone else notice that the other candidates stopped smirking and laughing at Ron Paul when he talked in the debate this week? They did, McCain especially, fight him. I had to laugh though at the fact that McCain and Paul's podiums were right next to each other. I bet McCain never would have dreamed, at the start of 2007, that his podium at the presidential debates would be right next to Ron Paul's. I presume Ron Paul probably didn't expect it either when he started his candidacy!!
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

Heh, Hucks Army may have missed their mark, but they did MUCH better than I had anticipated.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

I was sad because I thought they were going to make 3 million dollars this quarter but now it looks like 4 million

That's pretty good. Almost as good as our Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitician View Post
    I was sad because I thought they were going to make 3 million dollars this quarter but now it looks like 4 million

That's pretty good. Almost as good as our Q3.
    I'm willing to wager that he'll make between $5mil-$6mil.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    I'm willing to wager that he'll make between $5mil-$6mil.
    With all the great coverage they're getting on the media, I wouldn't be surprised. But for now it looks like 4 million, just my opinion.

His goal was $2,067,521? That is a very odd number. you mean he raised that much? What was his goal then if so? If not, why such an odd number?

His deadline is 12am Haiwaii time so he will exceed the target.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's amazing how much his campaign raises after the sweeping coverage I have been seeing.

Could you imagine what we could do, on top of what we already do, if the media gave us a fair shake.

..."Amazing, amazing!"...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyTheBest View Post
    What??? Oh what a friggen cheater!

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    His goal was $2,067,521? That is a very odd number. you mean he raised that much? What was his goal then if so? If not, why such an odd number?
    I think it was what he had raised the entire year up to Q3 if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't be so quick to laugh guys. They missed by a slight fraction(about $10,000?) from what I can see. Our STATED goal for today was 2.5M. We missed by 4/5ths. Money is money though, so I'm not complaining in any way. Just putting it in perspective for those who want to laugh at another grassroot effort that was actually successful.

I'm glad my original prediction seems correct. We're on our way to hitting 12M BEFORE Dec 16. That's going to be awesome news(not that it would be reported). "Ron Paul's target was to hit 12M for the quarter, which they hit right before a moneybomb that brought his total up to 20M. And he's still got 2 weeks to go."

I think we may have spurred a couple others grass roots supporters. Can imagine how they felt, comfortable, a bit smug, chalking Dr. Pauls support up to spam bots, then.....WHAM---blindsided by a $4.3 mil one day reality. It would make you feel a bit inadequate, maybe motivate a few people to get off their arse and toss in a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyTheBest View Post
    Scientifically that goal is flawed. That is MORE than the month of November if a day is 24 hours. Huck and Romney should be running mates with their mind bending math. Mitt thinks one person= 40 votes and Huck thinks a day is 24 hours and 4 seconds.