Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: And so the character assasination of Cliven Bundy Begins!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Obviously, we all have our misgivings about Bundy's statements because we know the question he is raising is highly stigmatized, and yet none of us want to actually give up our status as a racially sensitive person by looking like a guy who just stepped out of a time machine from the 1950s South.

At the heart of it, though, I think every reasonable person on this board will admit to themselves (not out loud) that what Cliven said was correct and not meant to be racist. The problem is that you'll never, EVER convince Boobus of that.
    As a reasonable person, I asked myself, "Do I believe that those colored/negro/cotton-pickers are all in jail with their women having abortions & being bored because they never learned how to pick cotton?" Not only is the answer a resounding "no, wtf?" but I'm offended by the syntax itself. All people are individuals, and there are plenty of white people getting federal $ and/or having abortions in Nevada. I also don't believe I should attempt to speak for negros, I mean black people in this way, whether they were better off as slaves than they are now. If there's a good point to be made about the welfare state within the overall stink of Bundy's remarks, it's being better stated by other people. I can defend their views w/o defending a creep at the same time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    "how destructive welfare has been to the black community."

There are more whites on welfare than other races. Should they be slaves too? Or better yet "indentured servants?"
    The black community was beta tested first. Now we're getting a taste of dependency. Yes, we have a major problem in the white community with welfare benefits. This isn't exactly a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yesterday I had to explain to a bunch of progressives why protecting endangered species leads to their extinction. That was really easy.

I guess I should thank the NYT for giving me a more challenging debate topic for today.
    OT, how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    [B]William Norman Grigg: For Progressives, "Thoughtcrime: is Worse than Mass Murder
    Damn, I sure love some Will Grigg. Masterful. Get him on the Boobus box.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtBoyer25L View Post
    As a reasonable person, I asked myself, "Do I believe that those colored/negro/cotton-pickers are all in jail with their women having abortions & being bored because they never learned how to pick cotton?" Not only is the answer a resounding "no, wtf?" but I'm offended by the syntax itself. All people are individuals, and there are plenty of white people getting federal $ and/or having abortions in Nevada. I also don't believe I should attempt to speak for negros, I mean black people in this way, whether they were better off as slaves than they are now. If there's a good point to be made about the welfare state within the overall stink of Bundy's remarks, it's being better stated by other people. I can defend their views w/o defending a creep at the same time.
    None of this has anything to do with the main issue regarding the Bundy Ranch. Even people who hold "outrageous views" deserve to have their rights protected. The media sought to distract people with this, and it looks like they're succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Jason Bullock is on the phone with Alex Jones right now from the Bundy Ranch. He is part of the security for Mr. Bundy. He has been at the ranch on and off for two weeks and now is definitely staying for the long haul. He said one of the reasons he came out in support of Mr. Bundy was because of the divide and conquer that goes on and he is sick of it. This is why he is standing in solidarity with the Bundy Family and any family who is being railroaded by the feds.

Oh I forgot to mention--he is black.
    Then Mr. Bullock needs to become a PR spokesman regarding this. Not all battles are fought with bullets. And I'm not talking AJ. I'm talking MSM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Here's the 3:13 version.
    Uh, he's still using the term "colored" too - also considered respectful at one time.
    Very un-PC word usage, but by no means hateful.

It's just exactly what I thought. They are framing him by taking his words out of context.

He's not racist! He cares about the blacks and Mexicans, just listen to the whole video.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Again, the man is old and he used old terminology and old analogies. How can you, on the one hand, tolerate the vicious comments and racism against whites on a constant basis, as an attempt to peddle victimhood, and not tolerate an old man's attempt at trying to ask the question of whether poor blacks in this country are better off as government slaves than they were as plantation slaves, because that's the crux of his comment, inarticulate though it was. He didn't call for their hanging, or for slavery to be re-instituted, ffs. The man is practicing the long-held standard of civil disobedience. He's not an orator, he's not politically correct. So, we should abandon him now?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

The full recording was posted by someone on their FB page:

http://bambuser.com/v/4549915

I wondered why it came up. He was talking about the Watts riots:

"What I am testifying to you is, I was in the Watts riots. What I seen was civil disturbance. People are not happy. People are thinking they don't have their freedoms and they don't have these things. And they didn't have them! We've progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and we sure don't want to go back. We sure don't want these colored people to have to go back to that point, and we sure don't want these Mexican people to go back to that point. And we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies and do it in a peaceful way."

After which came the infamous quote.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    You can't take a statement completely out of context like you have without considering the entire issue, to do so is just plain ignorant. You cannot ignore the nuances surrounding this issue. I realize some people will jump ship over this. As far as I'm concerned, you're Sunshine Patriots.
    I didn't take it out of context, I selected the most clearly offensive part. I also think it's ridiculous for old ranchers in the middle of nowhere to speculate on the overall well-being of whole races of people, or to hold up human trafficking as a better solution to their issues. But I wanted to type something short & sharp to try to offset the group apologia for a creepy, racist farmer. You defend people like this, you turn people off, and they're right to be turned off.

Question, what if Cliven Bundy was a liberal authoritarian trying to demolish some homes to build a license office somewhere, and THEN he came out & said black people were better off in the cotton fields? I imagine there would be 200 posts about "See, liberals are ugly people deep down." Learn how to separate one issue from another.

A comment (and my retort) from one of the Glenn Beck articles:
    “It is hard, because we believe the government is out of control,” Beck said on his radio program. “We believe the government is growing as an oppressor. We believe the west should have their land. We believe that the EPA and the BLM is putting their boot on the necks of of farmers and ranchers. … But you have to know who you’re standing with.”
    No, you only need to know what you're standing FOR.

I didn't take it out of context, I selected the most clearly offensive part. I also think it's ridiculous for old ranchers in the middle of nowhere to speculate on the overall well-being of whole races of people, or to hold up human trafficking as a better solution to their issues. But I wanted to type something short & sharp to try to offset the group apologia for a creepy, racist farmer. You defend people like this, you turn people off, and they're right to be turned off.

Question, what if Cliven Bundy was a liberal authoritarian trying to demolish some homes to build a license office somewhere, and THEN he came out & said black people were better off in the cotton fields? I imagine there would be 200 posts about "See, liberals are ugly people deep down." Learn how to separate one issue from another.
    Still has nothing to do with the main reason Bundy is in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The black community was beta tested first. Now we're getting a taste of dependency. Yes, we have a major problem in the white community with welfare benefits. This isn't exactly a secret.
    No they weren't..
    The Indians were first..
    They took the land and confined them to reservations,, and handed them a bottle.

Welfare was run on Government reservations first.. it came to cities second.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    A comment (and my retort) from one of the Glenn Beck articles:

No, you only need to know what you're standing FOR.
    And Glenn Beck stands with Jon Huntsman Sr. That's all you need to know.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Beck Article
    “It is hard, because we believe the government is out of control,” Beck said on his radio program. “We believe the government is growing as an oppressor. We believe the west should have their land. We believe that the EPA and the BLM is putting their boot on the necks of of farmers and ranchers. … But you have to know who you’re standing with.

Same type of character assassination he did to Debra Medina.

You are caught in the Political Correctness trap. Your worldview looks through those lenses.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I hope this puts to rest the "Glenn Beck is coming around" comments for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Cliven Bundy is on Alex Jones right now and he emphatically denies the "pickin' cotton" remark. NYT is making things up. He has a black militia man guarding his house right now. He is not a racists. The man sits at his dinner table.
    heres the video

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    heres the video

Not the same time frame as the NYT interview.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

heres the video

[Out Of Context Video Removed]
    NO, Here's the video in proper context:

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Here's the 3:13 version.
    Uh, he's still using the term "colored" too - also considered respectful at one time.
    Very un-PC word usage, but by no means hateful.

"When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    You are caught in the Political Correctness trap. Your worldview looks through those lenses.
    Emotions betray. Logic never does. The logical conclusion being that the federal government needs to smash this man's reputation before they roll in with their calvacade.

"the clearly offensive part." WAS taken out of context. Intentionally. Unfortunately, one has to sculpt any public statement down to the single sentence or word. This is the world we live in. The world of PR is a bitch and that is why millions are spent on it.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone thinks this man is a racist, they're either PC cowards, or they have an agenda.

Guys, stop going for the bait. This guy could be an Adolph Hitler worshipper for all I care - the issue in this case is the feds conducting military operations against US citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    What a $#@!ing moron, as well as those here who are rationalizing his comments. It's no wonder why the "heartless/white privileged" stereotype is applied to libertarians.

Does welfare do more harm than good? Yes. Is it worse than physical bondage? No, not even close.

Don't lecture the anarchists on how to frame their arguments because we're somehow hurting the advancement of libertarianism and Rand's 2016 election hopes when you're defending Bundy's beliefs that completely contradict everything you claim to be fighting for.

Now if the NYT lied and it turns out that Bundy never made these comments, fine.
    Said everything I wanted to say.

heres the video
    Nope,, that is a cut,,out of context..

The video of his words was posted. The full version.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Guys, stop going for the bait. This guy could be an Adolph Hitler worshipper for all I care - the issue in this case is the feds conducting military operations against US citizens.
    Come on. You've been here long enough. You know how this works. In order to win, they need a character assassination.

These are the 4 steps.

1. Propaganda
    2. Demoralization of the enemy
    3. Infiltration of enemy made easier through this fracturing
    4. Mobilization

Bundy better get more men beause this is a telltale sign of their intentions.

Harry Reid Issues Statement On "Hateful Racist" Cliven Bundy
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...t-cliven-bundy
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

It ain't Over!
    Harry Reid

All I need to know.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast