Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: And so the character assasination of Cliven Bundy Begins!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    It's out of context. You can tell at the very beginning. And when he said "They didn't learn to pick cotton", I took it to mean "learn to work" the way he said it, so that may be how he remembers it.

I want to see the entire talk that he gave.
    Why is he talking about Negros when the issue is federal land use rules in the west. He should have NEVER opened his mouth on that no matter what the context was.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Why is he talking about Negros when the issue is federal land use rules in the west. He should have NEVER opened his mouth on that no matter what the context was.
    Sounds like someone baited him on a question.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    ....I think we'll need to do come to his defense using their own rhetoric against them (with regard to racist tactics), and we'll need to put the focus on Harry Reid and his corrupt practices.
    And don't forget that Harry Reid is another old Nevadan guy that uses the term "negro".

...Obama, as a black candidate, could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/
    In the 50"s and 60" we were taught that "negro" was the respectful term we should all use. Recall that this term was included in the latest census because some older blacks still prefer it.
    ----

FYI
    The Census Bureau decided in 2013, to drop the term.
    Feb. 26, 2013:
    The U.S. Census Bureau announced it is removing the term "Negro" as an option for race on its surveys and replacing it with "black" or "African-American."

The organization had used the term on its surveys and forms for more than 100 years of use, ABC News reported Monday.

The new language will be used on the Census Bureau's annual American Community Survey next year.
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/...6441361883468/
    Last edited by Valli6; 04-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Good question. Where is the context for that? Was he baited?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    And don't forget that Harry Reid is another old Nevadan guy that uses the term "negro".

...Obama, as a black candidate, could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/

In the 50"s and 60" we were taught that "negro" was the respectful term we should all use. Recall that this term was included in the latest census because some older blacks still prefer it.
    Bingo!! This is needs to be circulated everywhere that people make a fuss over Bundy's use of the word.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Good question. Where is the context for that? Was he baited?
    It is because they are accusing him of being a welfare rancher.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Sounds like someone baited him on a question.
    Could be but he shouldn't have been that dumb. Seems he has been following politics quite closely and should have known who the reporters were around him and what their intentions were.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Bingo!! This is needs to be circulated everywhere that people make a fuss over Bundy's use of the word.
    No, it's a losing fight. Don't expend any political capital on this.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It is because they are accusing him of being a welfare rancher.
    But in what context did Bundy feel the need to bring up blacks? What specifically was asked of him to provoke that response?

Rightfully so with Rand doing outreach. F*ckin' people just do not know how to keep their mouth shut when fighting a PR war. This will now paint any militia members that support him as racists also furthering the anti-militia resentment.
    I hate people. Damned if I don't.
    I hear ya. What I found equally outrageous was Mo Eitheleen (sic?) saying that Rand took too long to condemn Bundy's statements because he waited 12 hours to make a public statement. What a seriously messed up thing to even point out. Thoughts travel much faster than public statements. It makes me mad, is all.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    No, it's a losing fight. Don't expend any political capital on this.
    No it is not! Harry Reid uses the word too! If anything, pointing that out with evidence will help squelch this.

Unfortunately it wasn't just using the negro word, it was singling them out for welfare criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I hear ya. What I found equally outrageous was Mo Eitheleen (sic?) saying that Rand took too long to condemn Bundy's statements because he waited 12 hours to make a public statement. What a seriously messed up thing to even point out. Thoughts travel much faster than public statements. It makes me mad, is all.
    They're pouncing on this as per usual. Are we going to just let them get away with painting Rand with this brush? Or are we going to fight back with logic, reason, and evidence that their own side does this $#@! all day long, everyday????

Not sure if this has been posted.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/ammon-bun...ut-of-context/

Ammon Bundy told WND: “I was there standing right beside my father when he made those comments. He was reaching out to the black community.

He explained his father was commenting on the fact that while blacks were “in slavery on plantations, now because of the welfare system, they continue to be in slavery.”

“He desires the black community to have freedom,” Ammon Bundy said.

“Growing up around him, and being beside him, I never once heard him say anything negative about any race,” Ammon Bundy said. “I wish I could say that about everyone else I’ve been around. The black community, the white community, they joke back and forth. My father’s never lowered himself.”
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Unfortunately it wasn't just using the negro word, it was singling them out for welfare criticisms.
    He is old and he used old terminology and analogy. He did not call for their hanging, or to re-institute slavery. He is not a racist, and we're fools if we buckle under that accusation when the opposition vilifies whitey on a daily basis, even though we have a black President. It is crazy to let the opposition run with this and paint Rand with a racist brush when there's plenty of evidence out there to prove they like to play the victim and make false accusations about white people. The double-standard needs to be exposed.

He is old and he used old terminology and analogy. He did not call for their hanging, or to re-institute slavery. He is not a racist, and we're fools if we buckle under that accusation when the opposition vilifies whitey on a daily basis, even though we have a black President. It is crazy to let the opposition run with this and paint Rand with a racist brush when there's plenty of evidence out there to prove they like to play the victim and make false accusations about white people. The double-standard needs to be exposed.
    And after watching the video you can tell he's not a white supremacist by his calmness and lack of stress in his voice. If he's guilty of anything, it's for being too forthright and not keen to the ways of the modern world.

Cliven Bundy Responds To Charges Of Racism: ‘The Statement Was Right’

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-cl...ent-was-right/

A black man (Uncle Tom ) defends Cliven Bundy:

Let us break this down rationally shall we?

1. They abort their young children True or False? Highest rate of abortion among ethnic groups in USA.

2. they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. Translation from a 70 year old White guy = Their young men end up in jail because they never developed an entrenched work ethic. (There are lots of areas I could go here but you get what I mean) Is this a true statement? It may not be "Politically correct" vernacular, but be doesn't come off as a racist to me.

3. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? Translation: Are Blacks better off working and staying together as a family unit or are they better today, with subsidies for un-wed mothers and an uncertain future for black males in society? (That's my interpretation and I don't speak for all Black folks obviously.)

4. They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.” This is an accurate statement!

I could say so much more but I still stand with Mr Bundy and support him and his family's position against the BLM. This changes nothing in my mind.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-24-2014 at 11:56 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post

Poor old guy. He's no racist. We have an opportunity here to squelch this through social media. I wonder how many of us will take it.

A black man (Uncle Tom ) defends Cliven Bundy:
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post

Not the part when he allegedly said "pickin' cotton" which the NYT quoted him saying in this interview.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Who needs Liberals/Progressives when we have people who are (supposedly) on our side to hang him out to dry for just words that he said? For God's sake, don't get too close to him now!! Everybody, stand back and let the man die.

Link?
    http://www.dailypaul.com/317499/ulti...omment-3392737
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This is really unbelievable. Even if the guy came out and said he is a racist it does not matter since it is not relevant to the issue of BLM. The Progressives need to be put in place and shouted down on the facts, not allow them to re-frame this on some irrelevant tangent on race.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Who needs Liberals/Progressives when we have people who are (supposedly) on our side to hang him out to dry for just words that he said? For God's sake, don't get too close to him now!! Everybody, stand back and let the man die.
    Well said. If people are worried about their reps at this stage of the game, they don't know our enemy too well. This is the easy part. All of us will be unfairly painted when the time comes.

Obviously, we all have our misgivings about Bundy's statements because we know the question he is raising is highly stigmatized, and yet none of us want to actually give up our status as a racially sensitive person by looking like a guy who just stepped out of a time machine from the 1950s South.

At the heart of it, though, I think every reasonable person on this board will admit to themselves (not out loud) that what Cliven said was correct and not meant to be racist. The problem is that you'll never, EVER convince Boobus of that.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

one reporter....one photog.......hmm....maybe they would not let others in....that way they control the info......???
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Well said. If people are worried about their reps at this stage of the game, they don't know our enemy too well. This is the easy part. All of us will be unfairly painted when the time comes.
    former Ron Paul State Delegate here....been there, done that...i've been 'painted' so many times, i finally learned to defend myself with truth bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/ammon-bun...ut-of-context/

Ammon Bundy told WND: “I was there standing right beside my father when he made those comments. He was reaching out to the black community.

He explained his father was commenting on the fact that while blacks were “in slavery on plantations, now because of the welfare system, they continue to be in slavery.”

“He desires the black community to have freedom,” Ammon Bundy said.

“Growing up around him, and being beside him, I never once heard him say anything negative about any race,” Ammon Bundy said. “I wish I could say that about everyone else I’ve been around. The black community, the white community, they joke back and forth. My father’s never lowered himself.”

good statement
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast