Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: And so the character assasination of Cliven Bundy Begins!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This really sucks as I was just defending this guy over the past weekend to my mom, mil and other family over easter. Now I'm gonna get hit with this $#@! next we talk.
    Yes, I'm not looking forward to opening a twitter window in the browser, either. I was just defending Cliven, last night, against a guy (that has many followers) whose profile says "Tea Partiers fear me".
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Court of public opinion is worse than the controlled court rooms today. What a freakin' shame.
    Court of public opinion? He said blacks should still be slaves picking cotton!

I guess this is how we operate - Rand Paul says one thing that isn't libertarian enough and we crucify him. Cliven Bundy argues for the enslavement of an entire race, and we say that "his argument has some merit."

Come on guys. Cliven Bundy is the best thing that's happened to the Feds (which is probably why they picked him to go after). Focus on defeating government tyranny through the legislative process. Don't get swept up in toxic messes like this just for the sake of being contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Pete's not telling us something most of us don't already know. Neither did Bundy. But, dammit, it was an idiotic thing to say. It was poorly worded and it provides fodder for those in opposition to Bundy's cause. Anyone that doesn't understand that is not listening to what others are posting.
    I do understand what you are saying. And I agree that this will be a PR nightmare. Now, let's see if any of those that are actually affected by those things that he was "musing" about will come out loudly to promote a healthy conversation, or whether they will be silent and let it go the way of a media death.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post

Seriously, you DON'T talk about Negroes picking cotton.
    What about white folks picking cotton? It was a job..
    My first one was working in a logging camp at 12,, My brother an I were the only "whites" on the crew.

There are a lot of folks in this country that know what work is. and what welfare is.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Yes, I'm not looking forward to opening a twitter window in the browser, either. I was just defending Cliven, last night, against a guy (that has many followers) whose profile says "Tea Partiers fear me".
    I couldn't give a $#@! about twitter. I'm talking about family and friends, people that I got on bundy's side (including some democrats/Hillary supporters); people whose opinion I actually care about. The same people that I had to convice Ron Paul wasn't a racist. And these people that are not going to side with anything/anyone considered remotely racist. Its just the way it is. This was an unforced error.

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    Court of public opinion? He said blacks should still be slaves picking cotton!

I guess this is how we operate - Rand Paul says one thing that isn't libertarian enough and we crucify him. Cliven Bundy argues for the enslavement of an entire race, and we say that "his argument has some merit."

Come on guys. Cliven Bundy is the best thing that's happened to the Feds (which is probably why they picked him to go after). Focus on defeating government tyranny through the legislative process. Don't get swept up in toxic messes like this just for the sake of being contrarian.
    Point of contention. He did not say they should still be slaves. He said that he wondered if they would not be better off.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I do understand what you are saying. And I agree that this will be a PR nightmare. Now, let's see if any of those that are actually affected by those things that he was "musing" about will come out loudly to promote a healthy conversation, or whether they will be silent and let it go the way of a media death.
    I'm numb to it. The MSM will do as they like. I think Cliven Bundy's personal views are not integral to the argument at hand, which is that the federal government willfully altered his grazing rights agreement on a fabricated technicality (the desert tortoise), thus jeopardizing his livelihood. For the non-sheeple, that's really the crux of the argument. The rest of this is just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I couldn't give a $#@! about twitter. I'm talking about family and friends, people that I got on bundy's side (including some democrats/Hillary supporters); people whose opinion I actually care about. The same people that I had to convice Ron Paul wasn't a racist. And these people that are not going to side with anything/anyone considered remotely racist. Its just the way it is. This was an unforced error.
    I don't care about twitter, either, other than it is a vehicle for hundreds to discuss issues. Those close to me are better informed, I make a point of it everyday. But, sorry, my post was not trying to undermine your situation.

Haha David Allen Coe is a perfect fit for this situation

I can assure you that there will not be a healthy conversation regarding this. I can assure you the media will not be silent and that if death comes it will be spun to label it as the deaths of white supremacists and that will be the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'm numb to it. The MSM will do as they like. I think Cliven Bundy's personal views are not integral to the argument at hand, which is that the federal government willfully altered his grazing rights agreement on a fabricated technicality (the desert tortoise), thus jeopardizing his livelihood. For the non-sheeple, that's really the crux of the argument. The rest of this is just noise.
    And that is what he should have stuck to. Now he has actually set that whole argument back worse.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Doesn't surprise me that something this stupid would come out of this guys mouth. I like to think of myself as a race realist (meaning most PC liberals would call me a racist), but what this guy said is just disgusting. He's a completely uneducated, close minded, and hateful. Him and Richard Mack are almost caricatures of the low intelligence, racist, white "freeman" types.

These are not people that I feel I have anything in common with or want as political allies.
    Sheriff Mack is one of my heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    And that is what he should have stuck to. Now he has actually set that whole argument back worse.
    Being the genuine article often means that you're not PC. He's a very poor communicator.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Sheriff Mack is one of my heroes.
    Sheriff Mack's comments on "Put women and children on the front lines" has been a really big deal with the left-propaganda machine. That was way out of line for him to do.

I think that Cliven is just speaking in a way that is a product of his age. Heck, most of the older people that I know still use the term "coloreds".

so you're saying the Cliven statements on his racial views are tied in with the BLM attacks?...and now the BLM attacks were justified?

Sheriff Mack's comments on "Put women and children on the front lines" has been a really big deal with the left-propaganda machine. That was way out of line for him to do.
    I know.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I think that Cliven is just speaking in a way that is a product of his age. Heck, most of the older people that I know still use the term "coloreds".
    yep...but there appears to be a younger mindset in here with regards to Clivens statements, and the fact that real life experiences and culture up bringing in Clivens generation is not to be tolerated, and his statements are fair game in destroying him, and $#@! this BLM issue, Cliven is a monster now...

yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    so you're saying the Cliven statements on his racial views are tied in with the BLM attacks?...and now the BLM attacks were justified?
    It is not what I am saying at all. The BLM wants them off the land but was losing the PR war. They coundn't gun him down without losing the PR war. Bundy just gave them that win.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

A product of his times. Of course he is, thats what made this whole thing so predictable. You think anyone cares? The public wont split hairs here, and I don't think I will. But those comments were...

So...

Sooooo...

So Ill conceived that everyone with an ounce of common sense and had anything to do with him just felt their soul drop down into their bellies and out from under them to a far off place. I felt guilty holding my cards pretty tight, and now i'm glad I did.

Dude is toast.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bundy did the MSN a huge favor. proved what they all suspected and now they can paint his supporters including political candidates as kooks and bigots. this will be a far bigger story than the standoff. huge win for progressives. there will be celebrating at the Reid headquarters today.

It is not what I am saying at all. The BLM wants them off the land but was losing the PR war. They coundn't gun him down without losing the PR war. Bundy just gave them that win.

the BLM 'issue' is not over, and i doubt Clivens views will be relevant in any court battles....but the way some in here are talking, it appears no one in here will bat an eye lash if if the FEDS blow Bundy to hell...amirite?....

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    bundy did the MSN a huge favor. proved what they all suspected and now they can paint his supporters including political candidates as kooks and bigots. this will be a far bigger story than the standoff. huge win for progressives. there will be celebrating at the Reid headquarters today.
    I almost wonder if NYT's asked him about blacks to get him the say "About Negros" and even address it.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    the BLM 'issue' is not over, and i doubt Clivens views will be relevant in any court battles....but the way some in here are talking, it appears no one in here will bat an eye lash if if the FEDS blow Bundy to hell...amirite?....
    Koresh deserved it. So did Weaver. Didn't you hear?

Koresh deserved it. So did Weaver. Didn't you hear?
    And you and I will deserve it when they come for us.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The next time you run into a misnformed sheep running their mouth. Ask them the following. What was worse? Cliven Bundy's comments or the Tuskegee experiment? It's time to stop cowering when they bring up race to suit their ends. Knowledge is power against these maniacs.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-24-2014 at 10:04 AM.

now bundy is being labelled "tea party" see how this works? ha, so predictable.

Very poor form. True or false, (they are trying to make us all slaves to the government, race aside), from a different generation or not, calling out race was a subject that was not relevant to the issue at hand and he just alienated a huge swath of support. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

No matter how much people support[ed] his fight against the Feds, they would now have to be guilty by association if they continue to support him when he publicly stated those views. There was no reason for him to stand up at his press conference and spout that view and mix the issues. Dumb ass.

I still support his fight against the Fed, but to stand "behind him" with those views is near impossible. PR facepalm... or more like PR naplam.

Again, dumb ass.

Harry Greed has a twisted sick little smirk on his face now....
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The next time you run into a misnformed sheep runing their mouth. Ask them the following. What was worse? Cliven Bundy's comments or the Tuskegee experiment? It's time to stop cowering when they bring up race to suit their ends. Knowledge is power against these maniacs.
    i was told Cliven could walk on water...

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    now bundy is being labelled "tea party" see how this works? ha, so predictable.
    so?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast