Thread: The beauty of old trucks

The beauty of old trucks

It's been about 20 years since I did the brake hydraulics on my ol' '56... So before giving her, her spring tune-up I called the local parts house and ordered a new master cylinder, all 4 wheel cylinders and 2 qts of fluid...

Total bill under $100.00

Try that with a newer vehicle!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-trucks-vs-old-trucks-03.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	2378
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Mines a few years newer Pete, without side glass...

The requisite homely Ford and an even homelier Chevrolet.

My turn.

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-24-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    i love my 1970 ford truck!
    Don't blame you. Works. Made of steel. Easy to work on. Does not weigh ten thousand pounds empty. Even looks good.

This Federal looked better:

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-24-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How mine would look with a LOT of TLC...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How mine would look with a LOT of TLC...
    Hope not exactly. Trucks look better on blackwalls.

My husband has a '96 F-100 but he'd like to find something older. Most people buy new vehicles, we keep looking for older ones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I wonder if it had power steering, air conditioning.........
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by catfeathers View Post
    My husband has a '96 F-100 but he'd like to find something older. Most people buy new vehicles, we keep looking for older ones, lol.
    Is this due to wisdom, good taste or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I wonder if it had power steering, air conditioning.........
    The windshields cranked open and the steering wheel was as big as any of the other wheels for leverage. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It's been about 20 years since I did the brake hydraulics on my ol' '56... So before giving her, her spring tune-up I called the local parts house and ordered a new master cylinder, all 4 wheel cylinders and 2 qts of fluid...

Total bill under $100.00

Try that with a newer vehicle!
    Pretty soon your state is going to deem that a "historical vehicle" and charge ya extra for the privilege of owning it. Because that's why, mundane. (It happened to my grandpapa and he just had a few 50s cars in nice condition-IDR the make/model now)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-24-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The windshields cranked open and the steering wheel was as big as any of the other wheels for leverage. Does that count?
    It counts very well. Simplicity. Less things to break down due to over-engineering.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Pretty soon your state is going to deem that a "historical vehicle" and charge ya extra for the privilege of owning it. Because that's why, mundane. (It happened to my grandpapa and he just had a few 50s cars in nice condition-IDR the make/model now)
    It's only a matter of time.
    "The Patriarch"

It's only a matter of time.
    Then comes the grandparents tax, which says we have to pay a tax for having grandparents. Pay the tax or say buh-bye to grandmama, mundanes. (bad news for Orig, AF, Oyarde, etc :'( )
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Then comes the grandparents tax, which says we have to pay a tax for having grandparents. Pay the tax or say buh-bye to grandmama, mundanes. (bad news for Orig, AF, Oyarde, etc :'( )
    Hmmpph. Somebody has to be responsible for that tax........
    "The Patriarch"

Hmmpph. Somebody has to be responsible for that tax........
    ......or send grandmama and grandpapa to Dr Kevorkian... :'(

......or send grandmama and grandpapa to Dr Kevorkian... :'(
    Let me be a little clearer. Whoever is responsible for such a tax should pay in currency other than FRN's.
    "The Patriarch"

It counts very well. Simplicity. Less things to break down due to over-engineering.
    my truck is only 25 years old. I could not drive anything any older daily. it has cold A/C, cruise control and EFI. (throttle body injection)
    it is OBD ! that means that it cannot tell on me! but it does have a computer.
    but only 1.
    I call it the frankendodge. it is an 89. but has various OEM parts from many different years.

it is closing in on 400K but the entire drive train was replaced around 350K

my friend owns an auto repair shop. he helped me to tie all the various pieces together.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Let me be a little clearer. Whoever is responsible for such a tax should pay in currency other than FRN's.

I could not drive anything any older daily.
    Why not?
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Low tech.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    i love my 1970 ford truck!
    When I got my drivers license my Dad let me drive his 1970 Ford, it was black and I loved it but the gas gauge didn't work and I was suppose to check the gas with a stick before I went anywhere Of course I "forgot" and kept running out of gas....he quit letting me drive it . I loved that truck, Dad drove it until he had his stroke in 2001 and couldn't drive anymore. My parents gave the truck to my nephew for his 16th birthday in 2002 and he still drives it ~ the gas gauge is still broken but it runs like a champ.

//damn it, dbl post
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 04-25-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Beautiful trucks