Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDA:"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing"

FDA:"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing"

Proposals to officially regulate electronic cigarettes will be announced later today by the Food and Drug Administration, according to the WSJ. The regulations would include a ban on sales to minors and a requirement for health warning labels on packaging. E-cigarettes contain nicotine liquid, which is derived from tobacco -- and that's where the FDA comes in.

"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing.."

Importantly, makers would not be allowed to state that e-cigarettes are safer than other tobacco products ( manufacturers need to provide scientific evidence to prove these claims), nor use descriptive language like "light" or "mild" to describe goods. Companies will also be required to submit a "pre-market review application" within two years, although products will be allowed to stay on the market as long as the application is filed. Outlines will also restrict marketing on TV and any efforts to appeal to anyone under 18, although they won't immediately ban the wealth of flavored e-cigarettes that have recently flourished. FDA Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg told ABC News: "Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing, the products are evolving with no regulatory oversight and being marketed in ways that are very worrisome." The full list of regulations will be posted online by the FDA at 9am today.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/24/f...e-regulations/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    People are exercising all kinds of freedom. It must be stopped.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Those ecigs need government condoms. It's for the children.
    "The Patriarch"

"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing, the products are evolving with no regulatory oversight and being marketed in ways that are very worrisome."
    I was beside myself with worry.

The full list of regulations will be posted online by the FDA at 9am today.
    Whew, I feel better now.

$#@!s

Wild, wild west.........

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wild, wild west.........
    A person could go into the general store and purchase cocaine or tincture of opium, children could purchase weapons and ammunition, even dynamite...

People settled matters without lawyers and courts...

What I'd give for a return to those "horrible" days...

"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing, the products are evolving with no regulatory oversight and being marketed in ways that are very worrisome."
    See I wasn't worried before, but now I'm worried knowing government is going to have oversight over this market. Anything the government has their hands on turns to crap. They are like a jinx to business ventures.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

No freedom of any kind can be tolerated. For the children.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We don't need no stinking legislation, we'll just make regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

dammit, we need more safety regulations. Why don't they do something about glass containers. I cut myself the other day on a ketchup bottle i dropped, and now i have to wear this effin band-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    dammit, we need more safety regulations. Why don't they do something about glass containers. I cut myself the other day on a ketchup bottle i dropped, and now i have to wear this effin band-aid.
    How do you know, you might have thought you cut yourself. After all ketchup looks a lot like blood. We should send you to a psychiatrist you may need some anxiety pills. <s>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wild, wild west.........

Not sure what a prickly ash bitter is , but I will pass .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Toilet paper?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Toilet paper?
    I always wondered what the name was for the 80 grit they issued in bootcamp.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    A person could go into the general store and purchase cocaine or tincture of opium, children could purchase weapons and ammunition, even dynamite...

People settled matters without lawyers and courts...

What I'd give for a return to those "horrible" days...
    Just because lawyers and courts are so disgusting today.

But would you agree upon constitutional intent to create unity with other Americans that can enforce the constitution upon courts so lawyers are not needed?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Prickly Ash Bitters was known as early as the 1880's, when a picture of Dodge City featured a signpost that had a crude sign saying "Drink Prickly Ash Bitters." This raises the question of how much alcohol was in the product, and how often it was used recreationally rather than medicinally. But then, that is true of many of the Nineteenth Century proprietary medicines.

From The Choctaw Plaindealer, Ackerman, MS, Nov 30, 1888: "Prickly Ash Bitters. One of the most important organs of the human body is the liver. Wehn (sic) it fails to properly perform its function the entire system becomes deranged.... Dyspepsia, constipation, rheumatism, kidney disease, etc are the results unless something is done to assist Nature in throwing off the impurities caused by inaction of a torpid liver. This assistance so necessary will be found in Prickly Ash Bitters! Prickly Ash Bitters Co, St Louis, MO."

From The Green Forest Tribune (Arkansas) Thursday December 28 1899: "Purify the sewers of the body and stimulate the digestive organs to maintain health, strength and energy. Prickly Ash Bitters is a tonic for the kidneys, liver, stomach and bowels. Sold by Harbert & Sheldon."

One type of Prickly Ash Bitters handstamp cancel has been identified on battleship revenues.

more: http://www.rdhinstl.com/mm/rs381yyy.htm
    Last edited by Danke; 04-24-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's getting out of control folks. Pure anarchy the streets are on fire, Rome is burning, cats are mooing and cows are roaring, the madness must be stopped!!!!!

I hate these people, is there any place were society could just please move on with out them??

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    Just because lawyers and courts are so disgusting today.

But would you agree upon constitutional intent to create unity with other Americans that can enforce the constitution upon courts so lawyers are not needed?
    Try phrasing this in layman's terms so I'm not questioning your query please..

Oh come on. This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with taxation.

USDA, FDA, and EPA, are like the three stooges, Moe, Larry, and Curly. You can give them intelligent information to act on, but they most likely will do some thing totally stupid.

It's common knowledge there decisions are more political than based on science, they have scientists on the payroll but ether ignore them or just don't understand basic science.

I read one of there bee safety test they approved from Bayer, they should have been laughed off the planet for such stupidity.

"Right now it's like the wild, wild west in terms of what people are doing."

And?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Prickly Ash Bitters was known as early as the 1880's, when a picture of Dodge City featured a signpost that had a crude sign saying "Drink Prickly Ash Bitters." This raises the question of how much alcohol was in the product, and how often it was used recreationally rather than medicinally. But then, that is true of many of the Nineteenth Century proprietary medicines.

From The Choctaw Plaindealer, Ackerman, MS, Nov 30, 1888: "Prickly Ash Bitters. One of the most important organs of the human body is the liver. Wehn (sic) it fails to properly perform its function the entire system becomes deranged.... Dyspepsia, constipation, rheumatism, kidney disease, etc are the results unless something is done to assist Nature in throwing off the impurities caused by inaction of a torpid liver. This assistance so necessary will be found in Prickly Ash Bitters! Prickly Ash Bitters Co, St Louis, MO."

From The Green Forest Tribune (Arkansas) Thursday December 28 1899: "Purify the sewers of the body and stimulate the digestive organs to maintain health, strength and energy. Prickly Ash Bitters is a tonic for the kidneys, liver, stomach and bowels. Sold by Harbert & Sheldon."

One type of Prickly Ash Bitters handstamp cancel has been identified on battleship revenues.

more: http://www.rdhinstl.com/mm/rs381yyy.htm
    Well , guess I better try it , what with the rhuematism and all ....

I bought one of these electric smokes a few moths ago .I have not tried it yet .The company I bought it from has sent me some free refills.Eat that FDA.

wild wild west = great for the economy and personal freedom

sounds like a wonderful thing!
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd take the wild wild west over what we now have any day of the week.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

"Oh noes, people are doing things without our approval, this is madness!"
    Madness?

Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

wild wild west?....the TV show or movie?...

Wonder how many intermediaries the payments from the big tobacco industry through before reaching the FDA wallets.

They always say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    wild wild west?....the TV show or movie?...

I feel that way every time I go to a GOP meeting.
    Last edited by Lucille; 04-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast