Thread: Osprey battles Maryland authorities to build nest in front of traffic camera

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Osprey battles Maryland authorities to build nest in front of traffic camera

This undated screen grab shows an osprey that has been trying to build a nest on a Maryland traffic camera.MyFoxDC.com

We need a lot more birds like this...

A small bird is ruffling the feathers of Maryland state officials as they battle a determined osprey that has been trying to build a nest in front of a traffic camera since last week.

Maryland Transportation Authority reportedly removed a nest three times from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, before a branch was spotted lying before the camera again late Tuesday, according to the Baltimore Sun.

"We're concerned because she's blocking one of our traffic cameras that we use for monitoring traffic conditions at the bridge," John Sales, an authority spokesman told the Baltimore Sun.

“The camera moves back and forth and we notice whenever it does that the bird gets agitated,” he said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/23...mp=latestnews#
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are pretty birds to watch. I spent a day kayaking a lake while paying more attention to the Ospreys than my fishing lines.

Are they endangered? If they are we can send the BLM to confiscate the land to save them.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Are they endangered? If they are we can send the BLM to confiscate the land to save them.
    Lol, this is exactly what I wanted to say when I clicked on this thread. +rep