Thread: wizardwatson confesses his greatest sin

wizardwatson confesses his greatest sin

[PREFACE TO RPF: I am known, perhaps not well known, for being somewhat trollish and 'tongue in cheek' is practically my motto. This post however is in total absolute seriousness and I desire that all who would hear a confession or would like insight into what was a profound Christian truth for me, that they please read it. It has followed me for many years and while the burden has been great it is mine to bear.]

I made a decision today to be on the forums more consistently and participate because I believe what is happening here is important. I had some relevant things I wanted to post about, things I think would be helpful, and I had originally intended for this confessional revelation of mine to be only a part. After some thought I believe this is actually the most important thing.

Ron Paul referred to this movement as "the awakening of the remnant", to paraphrase. Paul is a Christian, and given his commitment to being intellectually sound I can only assume he understands that the "remnant" is a biblical reference. The remnant is essentially the real "Israel", or what's left of it. It isn't a country. Now the libertarians, based on Nock's work, seem to want to secularize this concept to just mean, "the smart people that nature hides until the 'time' has come." If you google 'Ron Paul remnant' you'll see that pretty much none of the libertarian bloggers talk about this remnant in the religious sense. But the original connection came from Ron's mouth, a Christian.

I mention this because to me, this movement is the remnant of God's people. I can't know whether this movement is the remnant in the literal biblical sense, but it is most certainly, to me, the remnant of truth. I believe the heart of this movement is Christian. There may be secular people in this movement but they are committed to truth all the same. As Simone Weil has said, "Christ likes us to prefer truth to him because, before being Christ, he is truth."

So being that my Christian heroes are the likes of Tolstoy, Simone Weil, and Kierkegaard, I've never believed Christ's church is only located in buildings with crosses on them. It is actually people and this movement, to me, is the closest I've really felt to being in a church so it seems the proper venue for making a confession.

So this is my confession before my church. It is slightly long but only because I want to show how powerful the revelation was to me when I finally understood it. Perhaps it will give you insight into your own struggles. If I simply describe the act itself it may seem insignificant.

. . .

This is my confession. Before posting this only my wife and son knew this story, and that only last year, as well as the victim of the act and the witnesses that were present. But when I told my wife and kid about this story I didn't frame it in confession and repentance, I sugar coated it as a "lesson".

My name is David Watson. I'm currently 35 residing in Topeka, Kansas. The incident in question occurred when I was in the 6th or 7th grade in 1990/91. I know some think that perhaps I was too young to be culpable but I was past the age of accountability for me. I knew it was wrong when I did it.

Now while I consider this my greatest sin it certainly isn't my only one.

I've:
    stolen things
    hated friends in secret
    hatefully gossiped
    lusted after countless women
    given in to nearly every manner of sexual perversion and fantasy
    swelled with pride and vanity when it suited me
    gave in to drunkeness with drugs and alcohol
    been envious of people smarter and wealthier than I was
    slandered Christ at every opportunity in my teenage years
    told more lies than I can count
    entertained revenge fantasies
    broken countless promises
    been lazy as hell since the day I was born, sloth is a hard enemy for me

It is not to say I haven't tried to be good and help people all the while, but I see myself as guilty as any man, from the drunk to the tyrant, and I thank God for that view.

Even one promise I considered very important, not to be violent and scornful with my son, I broke. He had disrespected his mother in such a severe way that I became wrathful. He saw it in my eyes and ran away from me and I chased him down and spanked him very hard when he was six. He has never forgotten it and likely never will.

But of all these things I had done, in the back of my mind this incident in middle school was always, and still is to me, my greatest sin.

. . .

We were very poor at that time. I lived in a house with drunken, gambling, neglectful parents. House was roach infested and not cleaned hardly ever. I remember finding a den of maggots on our kitchen counter under a dish drainer. We had dogs and our clothes were piled on the floor in mine and my brothers bedroom that was flea infested. We used to have contests to see who could tolerate flea bites the longest as they jumped on our legs before rubbing them off. My clothes were always ratty, or unwashed, and half the time my shoes soles were coming off. Kids used to say, "Hey David, your shoes are talking to you."

I was intelligent and somewhat handsome and I desired nothing more to escape that life. I hated my parents and everything they stood for. In school I seeked approval from all my teachers for how "smart" I was, and from other kids by doing the things they did.

But I was not the poorest. Certainly not in the sense of God's gifts of intelligence and not even in my poverty.

No, the poorest was a very specific person. Her name was Tina Carlisle. She was from the same type of neighborhood as me, her clothes were rattier, she wasn't smart, she was overweight even at that age, not pretty, and she smelled as though she never took a bath, and like me on "free lunch" at the school. Everyone knew who she was. She was not "a" skank, she was "the" skank. And to me, she was the manifestation of everything I hated about my life and myself. I did not want to be associated with her even in the slightest, lest people recognize the similarity.

So here it is.

One day at lunch I was sitting a couple seats down from her. For people like me and her seemed like there was never enough food. You could get "seconds" but only a side. She had never spoken a word to me before this day. But on that day she saw that I wasn't going to eat the piece of bread I had on my plate. She asked, "can I have that bread if you are not going to eat it?" For her to even ask in front of all the other kids was a great act of courage. And I suppose she saw a fellowship with me since we were both in the basement of the social order. But I saw this as an opportunity to separate myself from her.

I looked at her with disgust and in front of everyone I took my finger, rubbed it into the piece of bread and said "do you want it now?"

As a kid, by itself, might not seem like the most horrible crime. Maybe just being an incredible douche.

The only person who spoke up was a girl named Melissa Mulvaney. She got angry and said "that's mean!" and everyone else was silent.

I brushed it off at the time but the memory of doing that kept following me. I understood over time that this was the real evil in the world-that kind of behavior.

But the enormity of the truth, God's truth, of this incident did not hit me until April of 2013, last year, at the age of 34.

I have seen a lot of truth. I have studied so many fields that when people meet me they are surprised. From the various religions, to physics, to economics, politics, art, etc. I'm smart. It's a fact. It's a gift from God no doubt but in the world it's just a fact.

The day last year when it hit me I was at work outside in the smoking section having a smoke. I've been on a search for spiritual truth since about the age of 16. I was pondering over some thoughts about some things I had read about being "envious of Christ on the cross" and how that played into me wanting to be a leader, and in relation to a monetary project I've been working on for years. That we want to be the savior on "behalf" of Christ instead of following him as a savior.

Numerous things popped into my head. I remembered Christ saying, as I understood it, "whatever of do to the least of these, you do to me". My crime against Tina popped into my head. Along with the words "I am the bread of life", and also I had a vision (not 'supernatural' just a strong symbolic mental vision and feeling) of Christ asking for water and the soldier mocking him and giving him vinegar instead. I felt very strongly that doing that to her was as if I had done it to Christ himself. I started crying. I felt that all my sins were manifestations of this root sin I had never truly repented for. Like the trunk of a tree of sin.

But the Lord was not done. Suddenly a thought in my mind that should have connected long ago had fully connected. The time I spanked my child in anger was for something very specific. My wife had punished my son for something and he was angry. She asked him for half of his sandwich he wasn't going to eat and he put his hands down his pants and rubbed it into the sandwich. She got mad at him but I jumped in and was furious.

When this connection was made I wept so violently I had to practically hide in a nearby bush for a couple minutes until I could compose myself. It was like my life of sin was a circle at that point. Instead of teaching my son what the wrong was I lashed out at him for something I held myself the most guilty for and I never connected it in the three years that had since passed.

I thank the Lord for showing me the error of my ways.

For that sin I cannot ask forgiveness. I can only repent. I pray that if this woman has any sins on her head that Christ forgive them or put them on me. And if I should find my way into heaven that Christ keep her closer than me and the Lord keep her above me.

For this sin I repent first, and second all that followed it.

It is with tears that I write this.

That is the truth. And that is all I wanted to say.

- David Watson
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used to be a real dick-head as a teenager, and I once defrauded a cancer research walkathon.

Getting busted by my mom and doing a little time in juvie helped me to eventually not be a complete dick-head anymore.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Every human being makes mistakes every single day.

If you don't think so, that's just one more mistake for you today.

Dear David, I find myself humbled and tearful reading through your pain and brokenness, but please realize this--only through this brokenness we are made whole again.

A.W. Tozer wrote this: “It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.”

Through your life, weakness, poverty and struggles, God has reshaped and molded you into a new creation in Him. He has given you a "heart of flesh". I was led to this chapter and verses in Ezekiel after reading your testimony. God bless you dear David--God is doing great things in your life!

Ezekiel 36:

24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign Lord. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!

33 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. 35 They will say, “This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited.” 36 Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the Lord have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.’

37 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Once again I will yield to Israel’s plea and do this for them: I will make their people as numerous as sheep, 38 as numerous as the flocks for offerings at Jerusalem during her appointed festivals. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-23-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Wow, David. This was a remarkably brave and frank post, and I think I speak for many here when I say I admire you even more now than I did before. If it's any comfort, I don't think there's a single one of us who doesn't have some secret shame from our past that hangs over our heads and makes us feel unworthy of God's love.

If you're a religious or at least a spiritual man (and it seems quite evident that you are), I hope you'll keep in mind that, while what you've done in the past was wrong, repenting of it doesn't just set you right with God or clear your conscience; but what's more, the Bible promises us that when you repent, you become a whole new being in Christ.

"Born again" isn't just a buzzphrase; it's the literal truth of God's transformative, all-encompassing forgiveness. But in addition to God forgiving you, you also need to forgive yourself, and realize that any impulses of self-loathing even after receiving forgiveness can only hamper your progress. I feel confident in saying that the humility, frankness, and genuine regret with which you recount your previous sins is ample evidence that God has been working in you more than you may think. In fact, I wish I could say I was as far along on the same journey as you are.
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 04-23-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

* Hugs * WW I think we are blessed with children as a second opportunity in this life to realize how much we have to learn in all realms. I often find myself disciplining my own children and repenting of some failing of my own that has resembled what they are in trouble for doing. I feel hypocritical for having to be the one who has to step in when I realize my own failures often surpass their transgressions for which I am responsible to hold them accountable.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

One more thing I wanted to add. David, you are being set FREE! There is no condemnation for those who abide in Christ. You have been washed clean! The only accuser of the brethren is the devil now. Through the blood of Christ you have been washed clean--all of our sins removed as long as we abide in Christ remembering daily how far we've come from what we used to be. For all of us have fallen short of the glory of God in our human state.

When the Lord delivers us from our sinful past--we are left with a "remnant" or a scar to remember how far we've come through the blood of Christ. You are not the same person you used to be. You have been recreated spiritually and given the gift of a "heart of flesh"---no more a heart of stone.

Go forward now knowing without a doubt that you have been set free from the past that once held you in bondage to this world. There will always be those valleys of Baca/weeping, but if you hang on to faith and trust the Lord--He will always lead you from faith to yet a greater faith and from that valley to the mountain top. There you will be able to see that you were never alone in your struggles--He was always there leading and guiding you to a greater level of faith.

Praise Him in the fires of this life as we are purged as overcomers through faith as we get through them and know what our Lord promised us this: Revelation 3:5 5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Never give up--every day is a new beginning in Christ. If we stumble, we can begin again after we repent understanding the Lords forgiveness is always there if we just never give up and continue to abide in Him by brushing ourselves off in repentance and starting over again and anew. God loves you more than you will ever know dear brother.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    [PREFACE TO RPF: I am known, perhaps not well known, for being somewhat trollish and 'tongue in cheek' is practically my motto. This post however is in total absolute seriousness and I desire that all who would hear a confession or would like insight into what was a profound Christian truth for me, that they please read it. It has followed me for many years and while the burden has been great it is mine to bear.]

I made a decision today to be on the forums more consistently and participate because I believe what is happening here is important. I had some relevant things I wanted to post about, things I think would be helpful, and I had originally intended for this confessional revelation of mine to be only a part. After some thought I believe this is actually the most important thing.

Ron Paul referred to this movement as "the awakening of the remnant", to paraphrase. Paul is a Christian, and given his commitment to being intellectually sound I can only assume he understands that the "remnant" is a biblical reference. The remnant is essentially the real "Israel", or what's left of it. It isn't a country.
    Yes, this is biblical truth.

". . For they are not all (national) Israel, who are (spiritual) Israel." Romans 9:6

"Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Romans 11:6

I mention this because to me, this movement is the remnant of God's people. I can't know whether this movement is the remnant in the literal biblical sense, but it is most certainly, to me, the remnant of truth.
    Those who love God's Truth evidence faith and repentance. We are told we can recognize the true spiritual remnant of God, by their love of the brethren and their desire to keep Christ's commandments. Saving grace is not rocked science, but it is the greatest miracle in all the universe . . and it is validated by written Word of Holy Scripture, inspired by God for the edification and sanctification of the spiritual sons (remnant) of God:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3:16

So this is my confession before my church. It is slightly long but only because I want to show how powerful the revelation was to me when I finally understood it. Perhaps it will give you insight into your own struggles. If I simply describe the act itself it may seem insignificant.
    Thank you for blessing this forum with your confession and evidence of God the Holy Spirit's anointing. His presence in your heart is evidenced through your genuine repentance.

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation, in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our (saved remnant) inheritance, until the redemption of the purchased possession (saved remnant), to the praise of His glory!" Ephesians 1:13-14

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good to see you again, ww. Been a minute. I missed you.

Jesus forgave us for a reason. It's so we can put aside childish ways and be men and women in Him. Jesus took the albatross from your neck. You can stop wearing it now. Through mistakes we learn what is important and through Jesus we are forgiven those mistakes so we can go do what is important.

From what I've seen going on in this Religion forum the past several months, I think it unworthy of your powerful statement of faith. Maybe your confession can drag it up out of the pettiness and make it less trivial. I hope so. In any case, it's brave and generous of you to say all this in hopes that you can lead others out of their own unhappy pasts and make their own days brighter for themselves and those who love them.

Good thread. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

David, what a beautiful story. So honest, and heartfelt. Such a lesson for all of us. Bless you, dear David.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

So whatever happened to Tina Carlisle? Man, you have to find her and tell her you're sorry. That was very couragous what she asked. Something like that , as in your case, may very well have followed her around for the rest of her life as well. Maybe it still is. Hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    So whatever happened to Tina Carlisle? Man, you have to find her and tell her you're sorry. That was very couragous what she asked. Something like that , as in your case, may very well have followed her around for the rest of her life as well. Maybe it still is. Hurry up.
    I doubt it. I think she forgot all about it. That's the sort of incident that is usually soon forgotten. It's to David's everlasting credit that he didn't.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's the sort of incident that is usually soon forgotten.

It's also the kind of incident that is never forgotten. 50/50 chance of one or the other. Both share a high probability of emotional impact when memories are recalled.

But whatever. It's up to David.

Wow, that was a beautiful post. The sacrament of confession is very powerful. I've done some terrible things at that age too, and I don't have the kind of courage you have to confess them publicly. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I understand how you feel. I have done some dooozies in my life too. I thank God for his grace and mercy every day. I have been forgiven for so much.
    Just in my opinion, part of our walk in faith is trusting in His forgiveness. And God is so much more love than us humans, he not only forgives, he forgets!!
    "I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine Own sake, and will not remember thy sins" (Isaiah 43: 25).

It has been my experience that in order to love others as best as we can, we can't walk in condemnation. It is debilitating to us and hinders us from serving God and loving others.
    Romans 8:1
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In my personal experience, it has actually been a blessing for that God forgave me of so much. It makes is so much easier to forgive others. When I look at my own human failings,.... it is genuinely difficult to stay angry with others when they have wronged me because I know I have done so much that needed God's forgiveness. How can I possibly deny someone else of the grace that God so freely gave to me.

I am not a big proponent of the self esteem movement. I found a scripture that perfectly describes where our self esteem should come from. (isn't it interesting that God gives us intstructions for everything?! )
    Isaiah 9:23-24
    23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
    24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.

Be blessed brother and walk in the Joy of the Spirit and the love of God our Father!!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I've done some terrible things at that age too, and I don't have the kind of courage you have...
    Don't look at me. But it's a fantastic parable. And timely, too.

Are we The Remnant? God grant us the wisdom and courage to live up to that. For David's sake, and for that of the whole nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thinking about your post brought this passage to my mind :

Lu 7:36 ¶ And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat.
    Lu 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
    Lu 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
    Lu 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
    Lu 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
    Lu 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
    Lu 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
    Lu 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
    Lu 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
    Lu 7:45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
    Lu 7:46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
    Lu 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
    Lu 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
    Lu 7:49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
    Lu 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

God forgives, my friend. There is no sin that is greater then the love of God. And while at the face of it, this sin was not serious, it obviously has had an effect on your soul even after you forgot about it for many years.

Your tears of confession are like a type of baptism. For this reason we shed tears when we cry, for it a cleansing of both our bodies and souls and a renewal of our spirit. When we confess our sins, we are forgiven by God, and by His great mercy He blots them out. This is the love God has for those who have a contrite and repentant heart. God bless you David. May the Lord continue to grace you every day of your life.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Thank you, David. I'm pretty speechless right now and will be thinking of what you wrote.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

For that sin I cannot ask forgiveness. I can only repent. I pray that if this woman has any sins on her head that Christ forgive them or put them on me. And if I should find my way into heaven that Christ keep her closer than me and the Lord keep her above me.

For this sin I repent first, and second all that followed it.

It is with tears that I write this.

That is the truth. And that is all I wanted to say.
    Such a powerful story. Thanks for sharing it.
    I read it earlier in the day and it's stayed with me and probably will for a long time.
    Think of how many people out there you've just touched and helped to soften their hearts a bit.

I felt very strongly that doing that to her was as if I had done it to Christ himself. I started crying.
    Refining fire. How very difficult to go through (to say the least), but such a beautiful end result of love, compassion, kindness, gentleness.... humility.

Peace to you and thank you again for having the courage to share what you did.
    It was really beautiful.

Thank you David.
    your words have helped me to understand my son.

apparently, he committed the transgression of having sex with my wife. (not his mother)
    my forgiveness did not count to him.
    for 8 years now, he has avoided me. recently we met and talked.
    he cannot forgive himself.
    his burden... is far and away larger than yours. (respectfully stated)
    we are at least talking now. he has repeatedly asked for time and patience.

my son is cut from the same piece of cloth as you.

your post has done some good. I will grant him the time to... compose himself.
    the "offense" did not offend me. his response to it did.

I am struggling right now.... with how to allow him to.....

forgive himself? and move forward.

in my mind, he has made a mountain out of a molehill.
    in his mind, it was the ultimate sin.

peace.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

That's a powerful story, David. You are right, it is often little things like that that eat at you as you age and mature. I generally tried to spend some time with the less well off in my school and social group, and occasionally slipped up. It's those moments that burn me up the most, since those kids had come to trust me; my rebuke(s) was atrocious in any light, but especially in this context. I haven't looked any of them up, but I hope they've all gone on to great things in life. They didn't deserve the treatment they received as kids.

The best we can do is make a conscious effort to stop that cycle and imbue a spirit of love and compassion in those around us. You certainly have my support, and if you ever want to bounce ideas off of someone and find me to be the person you wish to share that collaboration, it'd be an honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    Thank you David.
    your words have helped me to understand my son.

apparently, he committed the transgression of having sex with my wife. (not his mother)
    my forgiveness did not count to him.
    for 8 years now, he has avoided me. recently we met and talked.
    he cannot forgive himself.
    his burden... is far and away larger than yours. (respectfully stated)
    we are at least talking now. he has repeatedly asked for time and patience.

my son is cut from the same piece of cloth as you.

your post has done some good. I will grant him the time to... compose himself.
    the "offense" did not offend me. his response to it did.

I am struggling right now.... with how to allow him to.....

forgive himself? and move forward.

in my mind, he has made a mountain out of a molehill.
    in his mind, it was the ultimate sin.

peace.
    no ill will meant here, but it takes 2 to tango; are you still with her?
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

The ability to be introspective is incredibly important, especially when you have a kid. Don't torture yourself though.

Have you told your son about your revelation? Perhaps you might want to write these things down for him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've tracked people down on Facebook and asked for forgiveness.... everyone's on Facebook.
    I haven't always gotten a response, but it's cathartic to know I tried.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

That was such a good heartfelt post.

As an adult I apologized to a guy that we picked on in high school. For the most part I was the anti-bully; a really big dude that took up for the victims. But there was this one guy that we all picked on... I still feel bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    no ill will meant here, but it takes 2 to tango; are you still with her?
    of course not.
    it all happened very fast, we got emergency custody of Katy. she had to marry me or move out.
    she had been living with us for 3.5 years. she was an RN.
    she did not work, only my son and I did.
    I should have never left them alone so much.

I was a single parent. my daughter came to live with us when she was 2.5.
    my son never lived with anyone but me.

my son is now doing very well.
    he is the manager of a large restaurant at the age of 27.

it is all very recent that we are talking.
    I am a Deist. and as such, I will ask you to pray for my son and daughter. (she is pregnant)
    my son is carrying a burden that is not his. to bear.

both of my exs became friends and ganged up on him.
    I need to let him talk to me. as near as I can tell. he is needing that.
    I do not know why he cannot forgive himself.

this thread, helped me to understand that.
    peace.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    God forgives, my friend. There is no sin that is greater then the love of God. And while at the face of it, this sin was not serious, it obviously has had an effect on your soul even after you forgot about it for many years.

Your tears of confession are like a type of baptism. For this reason we shed tears when we cry, for it a cleansing of both our bodies and souls and a renewal of our spirit. When we confess our sins, we are forgiven by God, and by His great mercy He blots them out. This is the love God has for those who have a contrite and repentant heart. God bless you David. May the Lord continue to grace you every day of your life.
    This is true. It didn't really resonate with me until I experienced Forgiveness Sunday this year, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I have an apology letter in an envelope in my car, just waiting to see the recipient around town. God will make the timing right. I just have to be patient. He called me to write it; He knows when it will be best received. (FYI: the person is homeless, so I can't mail it)
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I just wanted to chime in today and say that I loved reading all your replies.

I do want to participate more consistently and post what's on my mind about events and 'the movement' but I've been kind of reeling with things that have happened over the last week so I don't know when I'll be posting anything that communicates my views on these matters.

Even if I could just type-type-type all day answering 28 replies would take me probably 2 days to get it all on paper.

BUT!

If you have a specific question you can PM me. Doesn't have to be 'private' but you'll have to do that just so I get notified (subscription notifications still requires me to read everyone until I find a question). If you want a public response you can just PM the link to your public question.

I love seeing people with hope though. I don't have a crystal ball but my intuition tells me that things are beginning to change, "turn of the tide" so to speak.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6