Thread: NYPD Twitter #myNYPD Campaign Goes Horribly Wrong

NYPD Twitter #myNYPD Campaign Goes Horribly Wrong

oh nice....very nice

Poetic justice? =D

New York City – The NYPD News tweeted earlier today that they wanted people to share their photos of themselves with NYPD. They asked people to use the hashtag #myNYPD. They hoped to have a lot of smiling faces showing the nice side of the NYPD. However, it did not take long before the feed filled up with images and videos of police brutality.

One of Luke Rudkowsi’s tweets showed a NYPD officer beating him with a baton.

Others posted pictures of the elderly man who was beat for jaywalking and other recent police brutality images
    http://benswann.com/nypd-twitter-myn...#ixzz2zecG58gv

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

God I love the internet.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Made my day!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    God I love the internet.
    Me too!!

Last edited by twomp; 04-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.

how could this have possibly gone wrong?

social media - hey that's where it's at....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Fan-$#@!ing-tastic!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dont want to speak too soon but the powers that be...are circling the drain.

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    God I love the internet.
    No kidding! This is what Clinton was talking about. Back in the day, this request would have come from a newspaper and the editor would pick some warm fuzzy pics of things like cops holding up traffic for ducks.

Yeah, those days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No kidding! This is what Clinton was talking about. Back in the day, this request would have come from a newspaper and the editor would pick some warm fuzzy pics of things like cops holding up traffic for ducks.

Yeah, those days are gone.
    Among others, Ruby Ridge and Waco would be very different if the internet were around!

I like to remind people that we are seeing things from the past repeat themselves but at no time (at least in our KNOWN 10,000 year story) did we have the internet. Things are different this time for sure.

This is truly awesome.
    "There never was a good war or a bad peace." ~ Benjamin Franklin

NYPD Twitter #myNYPD Campaign Goes Horribly WrongTotally Awesome
    Fixed it.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!

Oh man I love this!!!! Totally made my day!!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!

http://gothamist.com/2014/04/22/mynypd_hashtag_lol.php#.

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/...easons/361074/

(not sure why he didn't shoot the dog? Who sits on a dog's neck?)

https://twitter.com/RamiSafadi93/sta...166465/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MoreAndAgain/sta...217408/photo/1

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/inde...rk_police.html

What I love about this is that it's flooded from different people, not just 1 group, but all different people who've had terrible experiences.
    Last edited by Mani; 04-22-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    What I love about this is that it's flooded from different people, not just 1 group, but all different people who've had terrible experiences.
    And now other cities need to do the same...
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Green View Post
    NYPD Twitter #myNYPD Campaign Goes Horribly WrongTotally Awesome
    Fixed it.
    That's great.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I just had to share this.

"When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Thanks for the post - it made me happy.

This may tell us something fundamental about NYPD and other such organizations - something I have suspected for a long time and to which many here have alluded. The result suggests that NYPD actually believe they are good guys doing "God's" work. Unless they have some truly twisted covert strategic purpose in painting themselves as complete idiots, this backfire event seems to reveal just how cluelessly out of touch with the real world are these people. "We are so wonderful and loved by everyone, so what could possibly go wrong here? Buh-WHA? But... but... we're so AWESOME... We're the good guys... We protect and serve..."

It would not surprise me in the least were I to find out for a fact that when this thing went south all those nitwits could do for 20 minutes was sweep the floors with their jaws as the "wrong" images poured in. I now suspect more strongly than ever that these people have no real clue just how broadly and deeply they are feared and utterly hated. My next question would be something along the lines of how, exactly, might we expect them to explain this away such that they will claim the result as that of some mass attack by an army of aberrants and that they are really nice and righteous guys.

Thanks again. I feel my awareness and knowledge have been augmented interestingly.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Not for the faint of heart, but someone do me the favor to post it.

Call it, "Driving too $#@!ing fast"

http://imgur.com/AAqvU8j

It's the image of a man's skull crushed in Queens by an officer speeding through a neighborhood with no headlights on, no siren, no nothing.

ETA: Full video.

I don't understand the whole hashtag deal or I'd post the $#@! until Twitter banned me.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-22-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Taking a page from the NYPD public relations department, everyone's favorite STD will be kicking off their own hashtag promotion #MyGenitalHerpes and encourage people to tweet pictures of their favorite outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Thanks for the post - it made me happy.

This may tell us something fundamental about NYPD and other such organizations - something I have suspected for a long time and to which many here have alluded. The result suggests that NYPD actually believe they are good guys doing "God's" work. Unless they have some truly twisted covert strategic purpose in painting themselves as complete idiots, this backfire event seems to reveal just how cluelessly out of touch with the real world are these people. "We are so wonderful and loved by everyone, so what could possibly go wrong here? Buh-WHA? But... but... we're so AWESOME... We're the good guys... We protect and serve..."

It would not surprise me in the least were I to find out for a fact that when this thing went south all those nitwits could do for 20 minutes was sweep the floors with their jaws as the "wrong" images poured in. I now suspect more strongly than ever that these people have no real clue just how broadly and deeply they are feared and utterly hated. My next question would be something along the lines of how, exactly, might we expect them to explain this away such that they will claim the result as that of some mass attack by an army of aberrants and that they are really nice and righteous guys.

Thanks again. I feel my awareness and knowledge have been augmented interestingly.

That's what's making me laugh so hard. The idea that these guys think, "hey everybody loves us...Except the bad guys..." That's what is cracking me up. And as you pointed out, this is just proving that point.

And what I love and mentioned earlier is it's incidents from all different times and all different people. One website tried to paint this out as some Occupy folks crying sour grapes, but it's broader than that. (And then a whole bunch of comments just attacking Occupy people). That's why I'm happy to see pics from all different times and all different moments. TO show that this is NOT just 1 incident. This is NOT 1 group complaining, this is NOT 1 bad apple. This is a systemic problem.
    Last edited by Mani; 04-22-2014 at 11:44 PM.

#myNYPD

justin kanew ‏@justin_kanew 9h
    This #myNYPD thing went so well in NYC we should give #myDrone a try in the Middle East.
    //
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    And now other cities need to do the same...
    Occupy Wall Street ‏@OccupyWallStNYC 10h
    Backlash against #myNYPD social media campaign spills over into user-generated #myLAPD hashtag http://on.rt.com/pu5euo pic.twitter.com/J8ggytEdhK
    //
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom