Thread: Tonite's debate (4-22 7pm) will be streamed on Brannon's website

Tonite's debate (4-22 7pm) will be streamed on Brannon's website

From email:

Greetings from Davidson College!

Tonight is the first televised debate of the primary and I'm excited to share our campaign's message of individual liberty and the Constitution!

Tune in statewide to News 14 at 7:00 PM ET or watch the stream live at www.gregbrannon.com/debate

I hope you'll tune in tonight at 7pm ET!

In Liberty,

Greg
    I'll be there in person!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Any update on how it went?

Greg did very well. Most of the time Tillis was saying "I agree with Greg and......" Greg also made a point to contrast himself with Tillis, which the other candidates didn't do. Harris was decent but way too many references to Reagan and religion. I don't know much about Grant but her mannerisms reminded me of Debra Medina. Tillis purposely mischaracterized Greg's stance on the 2nd amendment and the crowd knew it. It was mostly old people and the local establishment political class there. An older gentleman next to me lamented that the problem is that there's not enough younger people like me getting involved. He said "Do you see what the problem is here? Too many gray hairs!" He was gray himself. The next debate (tomorrow?) will probably be even more personal between Greg and Tillis.

Greg still needs to slow down and many of his references to the Constitution fly over the heads of most people.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-22-2014 at 07:15 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Greg still needs to slow down and many of his references to the Constitution fly over the heads of most people.
    Yes. I had a bunch of Harris supporters sitting in front of me and all of them were shaking their heads and rolling eyes when Greg would go off referencing specific parts of the Constitution. It fits in a setting where he can spend 10mins explaining his point and how the reference relates, but not so well in a one minute response.

I heard audible gasps when Greg said "no" to legalizing marijuana for medicinal use. I think a lot of people (Harris, Tillis) expected him to say yes.

Tillis won a lot of the low information voters in that debate. He needed to come across as already being the nominee and already running against Hagan and he did that a lot. I also saw a lot of people in the audience with body language showing that they were put off by it. Anybody who has looked at the polls knows he's full of $#@! when he dismisses the other candidates in the primary.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

He said no to legalization? Did he give a reason for it?

Does anybody have a tube?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He said no to legalization? Did he give a reason for it?
    No, it wasn't that sort of question. It was a "lightning round" of questions with simple yes or no answers (lame gimmick imho, only meant to give Dems something to attack) and that one was "do you support medical marijuana for NC?" I was a little surprised he said no BUT he was the last candidate to respond and the other 3 already said no. It was the one time when Greg was following the trends instead of leading them so I'll cut him some slack on that one. Im not aware of him ever stating a stance on mmj though and I don't really care since it's not a federal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    Yes. I had a bunch of Harris supporters sitting in front of me and all of them were shaking their heads and rolling eyes when Greg would go off referencing specific parts of the Constitution. It fits in a setting where he can spend 10mins explaining his point and how the reference relates, but not so well in a one minute response.
    The old theocrats don't care about the Constitution nor do they realize how badly under attack it is right now. They really are still living in the past.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-23-2014 at 02:52 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you. You're a gentleperson and a scholar.

A fair media report on the debate:
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.U1gisFcqSQI

Comments have a lot of pro-Brannon and a lot of anti-Tillis.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-23-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    I heard audible gasps when Greg said "no" to legalizing marijuana for medicinal use. I think a lot of people (Harris, Tillis) expected him to say yes.
    That is the first thing I have heard from him that I don't like. I could understand someone being against legalizing for everyone (I totally disagree with that, but can understand a misguided viewpoint like this) but to be against marijuana for medical use is just ignorance or laziness (not taking the time to research the many medicinal benefits of marijuana).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    I always miss the debates
    Here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhG9MTyaSI
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    That is the first thing I have heard from him that I don't like. I could understand someone being against legalizing for everyone (I totally disagree with that, but can understand a misguided viewpoint like this) but to be against marijuana for medical use is just ignorance or laziness (not taking the time to research the many medicinal benefits of marijuana).
    From a Constitutional standpoint, it's a State issue, and he knows that. Whether he personally believes in it or not, is irrelevant.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"Should N.C. legalize marijuana, for medicinal use, of any kind?" Was the specific wording of the question. I'm disappointed in the response. Particularly from a candidate in the medical field. I would like to hear more from him regarding this response. The question was specifically a States rights question.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was one of those yes or no lightning round questions, he couldn't explain himself so the only answer he can say is No.

The question was specifically a States rights question.
    Yes, and therefor totally irrelevant to the race.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"Should N.C. legalize marijuana, for medicinal use, of any kind?" Was the specific wording of the question. I'm disappointed in the response. Particularly from a candidate in the medical field. I would like to hear more from him regarding this response. The question was specifically a States rights question.
    Kind of a weird question, particularly the "of any kind" qualifier. Might be that Greg favors legalization of marijuana, period. But since that is a state issue and a distraction from the race, if that is his opinion, I'd rather he keep it to himself until he's sworn in. Like the previous poster pointed out, one answer questions are by their nature designed to screw over liberty candidates because they don't allow the nuanced explanation our views require.