Thread: A sad anniversary.

Unhappy A sad anniversary.

h/t Fr. Chris for letting me know.

Good morning beloved in Christ, Christ is risen!!! Truly He is risen!!! I hope and pray you have all recovered and rested from our most beautiful Holy Week.

Sadly, today, April 22nd, 2014 is the one year anniversary of the kidnapping of our beloved bishops Metropolitan BOULOS (PAUL) and Metropolitan YOUHANNA (JOHN) of Aleppo. We are being asked throughout our archdiocese to light a candle and remember both of these faithful witnesses in prayer today. Imagine the power of our entire parish, diocese and archdiocese in prayer for their release and safe return! Powerful indeed.

An amazing tribute has been written by our Patriarchal vicar, Metropolitan SILOUAN and can be found HERE. I encourage you all to read this letter and to light a candle and light the lamp of your souls in prayer today. God be with our beloved bishops and all the faithful of Syria.

Fr. Chris Salamy
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How sad. The persecution of our brothers and sisters in Syria and the ME weighs heavy on my heart.
    I will say prayers.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    How sad. The persecution of our brothers and sisters in Syria and the ME weighs heavy on my heart.
    I will say prayers.
    Thank you. ~hugs~ It was only a month ago that the nuns kidnapped from St Thekkla convent in Syria were released, and now this. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12