Thread: IN-Cop beats man half to death, then hits his mother, over traffic violation.

Exclamation IN-Cop beats man half to death, then hits his mother, over traffic violation.

Suzanne says no family members have been allowed to see Tom while hospitalized, and she will never again be able to trust a police officer.

"Your (sic) supposed to help and protect people, not destroy their lives."

Hard lesson to learn at 77 years old, but welcome to the New AmeriKa, ma'am.

MOTHER: Son brutally attacked by police officer

27 March 2014

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/mothe...ficer/25201520

SOUTH BEND -

A mother is speaking out in what she says is a vicious case of police brutality.

It's a case involving South Bend police officer Aaron Knepper, the suspect Tom Stevens and his mother Suzanne.

WSBT has learned from the St. Joseph County prosecutor's office no criminal charges will be filed against anyone tonight. However, charges could come in the future.

As of now, Tom Stevens will be released from police custody, but he's still in the hospital.

Stevens' mom Suzanne says her son was brutally attacked by Officer Knepper, and she feared her son was going to die right there in her driveway.

"I tried to get that policeman to stop beating my son," said Suzanne.

According to authorities, late Tuesday evening, South Bend Police Officer Aaron Knepper tried to pull over 55-year-old Tom Stevens for a traffic stop on Sunnymeade and Twyckenham Street.

Stevens did not pull over, continued to drive to his home and then got out of the vehicle.

That's when Stevens' mom Suzanne who lives with her son says he was brutally attacked by the officer.

"He got about half way up the drive way and these guys tazed him and with big long thing and they ripped his shirt off."

Suzanne says she watched the beating fearful for her son's life.

"He kept hitting my son punching in the jaw and chest my son's dentures fell out on the driveway."

The 76-year-old mother of Stevens says she grabbed Knepper's arm to stop hitting her son, and that's when the officer grabbed her.

"Look what that policeman did to my arm," Suzanne said. Can you imagine grabbing an old lady like this?"

Both Suzanne and Tom Stevens were arrested by police for resisting arrest and battery to an officer.

"This one police officer, I was told his name is Aaron Knepper, knocked my son down and kept beating him and beating him," Suzanne added.

Suzanne was booked in the St. Joseph County Jail, but Tom's injuries were so severe, he had to be hospitalized.

Stevens stated, "I guess he's alive, thank God, because I need him. I'm not well. I have blood clots in my lungs."

Suzanne says no family members have been allowed to see Tom while hospitalized, and she will never again be able to trust a police officer.

"Your supposed to help and protect people not destroy their lives."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both Suzanne and Tom Stevens were arrested by police for resisting arrest and battery to an officer.
    Obviously this kop needs a beating......

Just as it's obvious these poor folks didn't "batter" him....

Move along, there is nothing to see here, just standard operating procedure. Mundane gets vacation, fine officer deserves a raise. He did it to himself and should have promptly stopped and submitted his papers.

Sample Papers available at http://freedom-school.com/law/traffic-stop.htm

TO: Police Officer, Sheriff, or Law Enforcement Officer, Peace Officer, or agent
    please take notice of this information:

The individual man or woman presenting this information (constructive notice) to you is doing so in a good faith attempt to protect you from yourself. Me, I have a good deal of respect for the public service job you are doing and understand how difficult it is to seek out and prosecute criminals. However, this document is presented at a ´traffic stop´. Comity applies.

Where an individual is detained, without a warrant and without having committed a crime (traffic infractions are not crimes), the detention is a false arrest and false imprisonment.
    Damages awarded. Trezevant v. City of Tampa, 741 F.2d 336 (11th Cir. 1984)
    Motorist illegally held for 23 minutes in a traffic charge was awarded $25,000 in damages. The above case sets the foundation for ~$65,217 dollars per hour, or ~$1,800,000 (1.8 M) dollars per day. If you want to make me rich - detain me for as long as you like.

"The Fifth Amendment provides that no person shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself in a criminal prosecution but also privileges him not to answer official questions put to him in any other proceeding, civil or criminal, formal or informal, where the answers might incriminate him in future criminal proceedings." LEFKOWITZ v. TURLEY, 94 S.CT. 316, 414 U.S. 70 (1973).

"The privilege is not ordinarily dependent upon the nature of the proceeding in which the testimony is sought or is to be used. It applies alike to civil and criminal proceedings, wherever this might tend to subject to criminal responsibility on him who gives it. The privilege protects a mere witness as fully as it does one who is a party defendant." MC CARTHY v. ARNDSTEIN, 266 U.S. 34, 40, 45 S.CT. 16, 17, 69 L.ED. 158 (1924).

"...where the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination is involved...the court has always construed its protection to ensure that an individual is not compelled to produce evidence which later may be used against him as an accused in a criminal action. ... The protection does not merely encompass evidence which may lead to criminal conviction, but includes information which would furnish a link in the chain of evidence that could lead to prosecution, as well as evidence which an individual reasonably believes could be used against him in a criminal prosecution." HOFFMAN v. UNITED STATES, 341 U.S. 479, 486, 71 S.CT. 814, 95 L.Ed. 1, 18 (1951).

"in KASTIGAR v. UNITED STATES, 406 U.S. 441, 92 S. CT. 1653, 32 L.Ed. 212 (1972), we recently reaffirmed the principle that the privilege against self incrimination can be asserted in any proceeding, civil or criminal, administrative or judicial, investigatory or adjudicatory. Id., at 444, 92 S.Ct. AT 1656; LEFKOWITZ v. TURLEY, 414 U.S. 70, 94 S.CT. 316, 322, 38 L.Ed. 274 (1973).

"WE have recently noted that the privilege against self-incrimination --- the essential mainstay of our adversary system -- is founded in a complex of values. ... To maintain a fair state individual balance, to require the government to shoulder the entire load ... to protect the inviolability of the human personality, our accusatory system of criminal justice demands that the government seeking to punish an individual produce the evidence against him by its own independent labors, rather than by the cruel, simple expedient of compelling it form his own mouth. ... In sum, the privilege is fulfilled only when the person is guaranteed the right to remain silent unless he chooses to speak in the unfettered exercise of his own will."

"...there can be no doubt that the Fifth Amendment privilege is available outside of criminal court proceedings and serves to protect persons in all settings in which their freedom of action is curtailed in any significant way from being compelled to incriminate themselves." MIRANDA v. ARIZONA, 86 S.CT. 1602, 384 U.S. 436 (1966)

Please also NOTE: the above, as stated by the Supreme Court, are rights and privileges as guaranteed by the Constitution, and anyone (including judges) who knowingly violates those rights may be civilly and criminally liable under several federal statutes. Please see: United States Code, Title 18 Section 241 (Conspiracy against Rights), and Section 242 (Deprivation of Rights under color of Law); Title 42 Section 1983, 1985, 1986 (Civil Rights).

Officer, I cannot and will not provide you with any information that may later be used against me in a civil or criminal proceeding. This includes producing documents that may or may not be in my possession. If there is some important information that you wish to impart to/upon me, please do so in a respectful manner. I do hope you will have a good day.

Respectfully submitted,

__________________________________, reserving all rights, proceeding Sui Juris

Even more at the link.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 04-22-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

The video will really piss ya' off........

At least those commie Chinese beat the $#@! out of their cops when a fellow countryman is so blatantly abused. Wait, which country is home of the brave again?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    At least those commie Chinese beat the $#@! out of their cops when a fellow countryman is so blatantly abused. Wait, which country is home of the brave again?
    LoL @ Land of the Free.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    We're supposed to either ask permission to sue the government, write strongly worded letters or in extreme circumstances proffer flowers...

Can't get the video at the link.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, but look on the bright side.... the brave officer was safe and able to go home to his family at the end of the day.

Go through the comments and you discover the man who did not 'pull over right away' actually drove 500 ft to his home. That is 500 feet from the intersection where he is accused of failure to stop, not when the cops lit him up. Which is likely to be a shorter distance.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post

To maintain a fair state individual balance, to require the government to shoulder the entire load
    Americans are supposed to do this?

They cannot even accept the purpose of free speech, let alone have unity enough in that purpose to enforce the right or any other right.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    We're supposed to either ask permission to sue the government, write strongly worded letters or in extreme circumstances proffer flowers...
    I think some strongly worded letters to the editor are just the salve needed to placate the sheep and 'let their voice be heard'. Officer Friendly will not miss a minute of future ass-kicking of the mundanes.

I had to go and read the comments. I'm so damn sick of reading these bootlickers justifying anything the police do, I feel like pulling my $#@!ing hair out.
    "The Patriarch"

the perp had it coming. He didn't stop instantly, and offer to lick his boots....

result?...a beat down. $#@!in slave...need to set more examples or we're gonna have more of these Bundy type incidents...nip this rebel BS in the bud or chaos will ensue...

god bless amerika...

next.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I had to go and read the comments. I'm so damn sick of reading these bootlickers justifying anything the police do, I feel like pulling my $#@!ing hair out.
    It's always very obvious when one of these $#@! cop stories has not been posted to Balko, or PoliceState or InfoWars or something.

Without us, you'd get the impression of nothing but copsuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm worried about your mental health, Ori. Hey, can you tell me your address so I can call 911 to HELP you?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There was only one way granny should have handled this situation......

Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard