Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Neoconservative Reference List

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Notes on Bradley Blakeman:

Brad Blakeman was a guest on a Fox News show today, foaming away with the standard neoconservative talking points. Another TV and media neoconservative propagandist.

Bradley A. Blakeman

Bradley A. Blakeman most recently was the President of Freedom’s Watch a right of center conservative advocacy 501 C4. Prior to founding Freedom’s Watch, Mr. Blakeman was a member of President George W. Bush’s Senior Staff having served from 2001-2004 as Deputy Assistant to the President for Appointments and Scheduling, Vetting and Research, Correspondence and Surrogate Scheduling. Mr. Blakeman can be seen regularly as a Republican Strategist on FOX News, MSNBC, BBC, CNN and Al Jazeera. He had also been published recently in POLITICO, US News and World Report and Newsmax.
    More:
    http://www.politico.com/arena/bio/br..._blakeman.html
    Freedom’s Watch, a deep-pocketed conservative group led by two former senior White House officials

Bradley Blakeman, the president of Freedom’s Watch, who left the Bush administration as an assistant deputy to the president.

Founded this summer by a dozen wealthy conservatives, the nonprofit group is set apart from most advocacy groups by the immense wealth of its core group of benefactors, its intention to far outspend its rivals and its ambition to pursue a wide-ranging agenda. Its next target: Iran policy.

Next month, Freedom’s Watch will sponsor a private forum of 20 experts on radical Islam that is expected to make the case that Iran poses a direct threat to the security of the United States, according to several benefactors of the group.

Although the group declined to identify the experts, several were invited from the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington research group with close ties to the White House.
    Since the group is organized as a tax-exempt organization, it does not have to reveal its donors and it can not engage in certain types of partisan activities that directly support political candidates. It denies coordinating its activities with the White House, although many of its donors and organizers are well connected to the administration, including Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary.
    Among the group’s founders are Sheldon G. Adelson, the chairman and chief executive of the Las Vegas Sands Corporation, who ranks sixth on the Forbes Magazine list of the world’s billionaires; Mel Sembler, a shopping center magnate based in St. Petersburg, Fla., who served as the ambassador to Italy and Australia; John M. Templeton Jr., the conservative philanthropist from Bryn Mawr, Pa.; and Anthony H. Gioia, a former ambassador to Malta who heads an investment group based in Buffalo, N.Y. All four men are long-time prolific donors who have raised money on behalf of Republican and conservative causes.
    Mr. Sembler, who is on the board of directors of the American Enterprise Institute, said the impetus for Freedom’s Watch “came out of A.E.I.” last winter. ...
    Over the summer, Mr. Fleischer and the other founders recruited a president, choosing Mr. Blakeman, who served as a deputy assistant to the president in charge of scheduling and appointments. In 2000, Mr. Blakeman led the Bush-Cheney campaign’s public relations effort during the 36 days of the deadlocked election. He left the White House in January 2004.

Mr. Blakeman and Mr. Fleischer said they intended to turn Freedom’s Watch into a permanent fixture among Washington advocacy groups, waging a “never-ending campaign” on an array of foreign policy and domestic issues. They also hope to build an active, grass-roots support network.
    More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/us...s/30watch.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Mel Sembler added.

Melvin Sembler, a real estate magnate and strip-mall developer, is an important Republican Party donor who has supported several neoconservative-aligned groups. ... An adviser to Mitt Romney during the race for the 2008 Republican Party presidential nomination, ...
    Sembler has been a consistent supporter of militarist advocacy campaigns for many years, serving on the board of trustees of the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) and joining the likes of Sheldon Adelson to bankroll the lobbying group Freedom's Watch, which was founded in 2007 in part to promote the hardline Middle East agenda pushed by the George W. Bush administration.

Sembler also supported the Liz Cheney-led pressure group Keep America Safe (KAS). Established in 2009 to create political ads attacking Democrats and promote a hawkish view of U.S. security, KAS advisers have included neoconservative pundits William Kristol and Michael Goldfarb. Discussing his support for the group, Sembler told Newsweek, "I love Liz Cheney and what she's doing," stating that he intended to be "as supportive [of KAS] as my budget will allow."[4]

Sembler also supported former Bush administration figure I. Lewis Libby by serving as chairman of the Libby Legal Defense Fund, which raised money for the ultimately unsuccessful defense of Libby, Dick Cheney's former chief staffer, against perjury and other charges related to the leaking of CIA agent Valerie Plame's name.[5]

While the overwhelming majority of the candidates Sembler has supported have been Republicans, he has supported some Democrats,...
    Besides his long-standing association with the Bush family, which stems back to the late 1970s when he served as a fund-raiser for Bush Senior's presidential campaign, Sembler is well known for establishing a controversial drug treatment program for teens called "Straight." ...
    Journalist Maia Szalavitz, who has reported extensively on teen rehab programs and focused on Straight Incorporated in the first two chapters of her 2006 book Help at Any Cost: How the Troubled-Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Kids, summarized some of her findings in a 2006 presentation: "Straight … put kids on peanut-butter-only diets for weeks, kept them awake with no sleep whatsoever for days, forced them to spank each other and made them maintain various stress positions or exercise to the point of exhaustion. It constantly humiliated participants, famously gagging some with Kotex, calling girls 'sluts' and boys '****' and making those who had been sexually abused take responsibility for their 'part' in seducing the pedophiles who had molested them. Straight also extensively used isolation and restraint."
    Despite the problems with Straight, Sembler went on to found another anti-drug group, the Drug Free America Foundation.[13]
    More:
    http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Sembler_Melvin
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The following people were added, per this letter:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...t-john-mccain/

Eric S. Edelman
    Robert G. Joseph
    Danielle Pletka
    Kenneth R. Weinstein

The Hudson Institute, run by Kenneth R. Weinstein, was added as a neoconservative organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Persons associated with the PNAC

Project directors

[as listed on the PNAC website:]

William Kristol, Co-founder and Chairman[1]
    Robert Kagan, Co-founder[1]
    Bruce P. Jackson[1]

Mark Gerson[1]
    Randy Scheunemann[1]

Project staff

Ellen Bork, Deputy Director[1]
    Gary Schmitt, Senior Fellow[1][51]
    Thomas Donnelly, Senior Fellow[1]
    Reuel Marc Gerecht, Senior Fellow[1]

Mitch Jackson, Senior Fellow
    Timothy Lehmann, Assistant Director[1]
    Michael Goldfarb, Research Associate[1]

Former directors and staff

Daniel McKivergan, Deputy Director[52]

Signatories to Statement of Principles

Elliott Abrams[3]
    Gary Bauer[3]
    William J. Bennett[3]
    John Ellis "Jeb" Bush[3]
    Dick Cheney[3]
    Eliot A. Cohen[3]
    Midge Decter[3]
    Paula Dobriansky[3]
    Steve Forbes[3]
    Aaron Friedberg[3]
    Francis Fukuyama[3]
    Frank Gaffney[3]
    Fred C. Ikle[3]

Donald Kagan[3]
    Zalmay Khalilzad[3]
    I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby[3]
    Norman Podhoretz[3]
    J. Danforth Quayle[3]
    Peter W. Rodman[3]
    Stephen P. Rosen[3]
    Henry S. Rowen[3]
    Donald Rumsfeld[3]
    Vin Weber[3]
    George Weigel[3]
    Paul Wolfowitz[3]

Signatories or contributors to other significant letters or reports[16]

Elliott Abrams[10][12]
    Kenneth Adelman[53]
    Richard V. Allen[19]
    Richard L. Armitage[12]
    Gary Bauer[19][53]
    Jeffrey Bell[19][53]
    William J. Bennett[10][12][19][53]
    Jeffrey Bergner[10][12][19]
    John Bolton[10][12]
    Ellen Bork[53]
    Rudy Boschwitz[19]
    Linda Chavez[53]
    Eliot Cohen[15][19][53]
    Seth Cropsey[19]
    Midge Decter[19][53]
    Paula Dobriansky[10][12]
    Thomas Donnelly[15][19][53]
    Nicholas Eberstadt,[19][53][54]
    Hillel Fradkin[19][53][55]
    Aaron Friedberg[19]
    Francis Fukuyama[10][12][19]
    Frank Gaffney[19][53]
    Jeffrey Gedmin[19][53]
    Reuel Marc Gerecht[19][53]
    Charles Hill[19][53]
    Bruce P. Jackson[19][53]
    Eli S. Jacobs[19]
    Michael Joyce[19]
    Donald Kagan[15][19][53]
    Robert Kagan[10][12][15][19][53]
    Stephen Kantany
    Zalmay Khalilzad[10][12]

Jeane Kirkpatrick[19]
    Charles Krauthammer[19]
    William Kristol[10][12][15][19]
    John Lehman[19][53]
    I. Lewis Libby[15]
    Tod Lindberg[53][56]
    Rich Lowry[53]
    Clifford May[19][53]
    John McCain[57]
    Joshua Muravchik[53]
    Michael E. O'Hanlon [58][59]
    Martin Peretz[19][53]
    Richard Perle[10][12][19][53]
    Daniel Pipes[53]
    Norman Podhoretz[19][53]
    Peter W. Rodman[10][12][19]
    Stephen P. Rosen[15][19][53]
    Donald Rumsfeld[10][12]
    Randy Scheunemann[19][53]
    Gary Schmitt[15][19][51][53]
    William Schneider, Jr.[10][12][19][53]
    Richard H. Shultz[19][60]
    Henry Sokolski[19]
    Stephen J. Solarz[19]
    Vin Weber[10][12][19]
    Leon Wieseltier[19]
    Marshall Wittmann[19][53]
    Paul Wolfowitz[10][12][15]
    R. James Woolsey[10][12][53]
    Dov Zakheim[15][61]
    Robert B. Zoellick[10][12]
    FJB

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Related:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ocon-Candidate

The Neocons Return
    Meet their 2016 candidate, Marco Rubio.
    His loose circle of advisers includes former national-security adviser Stephen Hadley, former deputy national-security adviser Elliott Abrams, Brookings Institution scholar and former Reagan-administration aide Robert Kagan, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol...
    “I think it’s very important that any isolationist arguments be defeated well and be defeated early,” says a neoconservative foreign-policy expert who talks with Rubio frequently.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...eliana-johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Related:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ocon-Candidate

The Neocons Return
    Meet their 2016 candidate, Marco Rubio.
    His loose circle of advisers includes former national-security adviser Stephen Hadley, former deputy national-security adviser Elliott Abrams, Brookings Institution scholar and former Reagan-administration aide Robert Kagan, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol...
    “I think it’s very important that any isolationist arguments be defeated well and be defeated early,” says a neoconservative foreign-policy expert who talks with Rubio frequently.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...eliana-johnson
    You know, the thing with all of this "isolationist" speak is that these people are only discussing the phenomenon within context of physical combat and war in the middle east along with the so called war on terrorism. They're watering down the term in a way that creates a comfortable kind of hurry up and just get elected situation where they don't really have to provide a position on foreign policy/isolationism as a whole. This stimulates a platform for a rather romper-room manner of debate with regard to foreign policy once those start to happen as well. Economic isolationism won't get touched with a ten foot pole and foreign policy will continue to be relegated to the war on terrorism...again.

Economically, the U.S. is isolating itself from a large (and growing) fraction of the globe and so what are they saying about that phenomenon? That is isolationism too. I haven't heard a peep. It's like crickets. So then Rubio won't defeat squat in the isolationist department of the debate until he addresses it in the correct scope. Which he won't. I don't even think he's qualified or even has a functional knowledge of the history of these nations to attempt it. That's very important. Nope. Any speak of isolationism he'll keep in the context of the war on terrorism gag. Of course, that's already scripted for him and so he just has to read from a teleprompter or something. We ask, you decide and all of that.

What is interesting to me in that paper is the thing about Ukraine because that is one topic of discussion that should absolutely be discussed in terms of economic isolation if you're going to bring Russia into it. But what they do is they bring Russia into the model in a way that keeps the economic aspect out of the equation and then try to sell the idea that Russia invaded them. Which they didn't. Cripes, they're the ones sending fleets of trucks with aid to these innocent people who have had their infrastructure, homes and lives obliterated as a result of what is essentially a coup installed governing body. It's not like we're stupid or something. And so I just stopped reading the paper at that point.

What is happening there is a result of the actions of economic hitmen.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-06-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Here's another.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ars-of-others/

Seth Mandel is a neoconservative. Therefore, most of what he says has nothing to do with augmenting the common good of Americans and everything to do with diminishing it. He will defend Bibi Netanyahu to the hilt as here, ignoring the abundant negatives that have flowed from the U.S. embrace of Israel.

Mandel wants the global war on terror to go on and on even though the war on terror is producing new terrorists at a greater rate than it is diminishing them. Why?

“The war on terror is far more relevant to America’s day-to-day security maintenance because it involves the prevention of the multitude of threats to the American homeland.”
    [...]
    Mandel has a strange new justification for the war on terror:

“The global war on terror, then, can be just as much about preventing additional land wars in the Middle East and Central Asia.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Is that prick Kissinger still kicking?
    Don't think he is really functional anymore.
    I'll revise that and add him as Dr. Evil is still spewing his "advise"...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-18-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Several Jeb Bush advisers linked or added.

Who isn't a NEO?

Once they bleed their agendas into the average mindset, the term, at least, is no longer needed.
    FJB

Notes on Senator Tom Cotton:

The last, best hope for GOP hawks?
    Arizona Sen. John McCain and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, the Senate’s leading GOP hawks, have both reached out to Cotton to urge him into the 2014 Senate race...

The Weekly Standard, the flagship publication for national security conservatives, has obsessively promoted Cotton’s speeches and campaign activities. Cotton has been close with the Standard’s editor, Bill Kristol, since striking up a friendship over email while deployed in uniform...

His most enthusiastic fans are less concerned about keeping up appearances. Republican strategist Michael Goldfarb, a former McCain spokesman and himself a Weekly Standard alum, called Cotton “one of a vanguard” of fresh-faced hawks...
    Tom Cotton's Neocon Recklessness
    Tom Cotton, the freshman senator from Arkansas, Iraq war veteran, and protege of William Kristol...
    Neocon meteor Sen. Cotton is funded by Abrams, Adelson and Kristol and loves war a little too much
    The neoconservatives reached out and groomed Tom Cotton when they saw him coming down the pike. The Harvard College and Harvard Law grad spent just one term in the Congress before challenging and defeating Mark Pryor last fall.
    Neoconservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin embraced Cotton back in 2012.
    The sixth-generation Arkansan who grew up on a cattle farm read Leo Strauss the neocon icon when he was in college.
    Kristol’s Emergency Committee for Israel bankrolled the Cotton campaign with $1 million...
    GOP’s New Foreign Policy Hero Is a Surveillance-Loving Interventionist Nightmare
    ...Freshman Sen. Tom Cotton wants to invade Iran and Syria, jail journalists and whistleblowers, eavesdrop on Americans
    ...Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol's biggest new political protégé, and also a target of sustained affection from National Review...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-11-2015 at 04:43 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's a solid list. Here's my contribution:

David Frum for his demented Unpatriotic Conservatives column at the start of the Iraq War calling out anyone who opposed the war. Also he has extremely liberal economic views. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ves-david-frum

John Hinderaker from Powerline Blog for wondering if Rand Paul was quoting Pink Floyd lyrics as an anti-Semitic dog whistle. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...pac-speech.php

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    That's a solid list. Here's my contribution:

David Frum for his demented Unpatriotic Conservatives column at the start of the Iraq War calling out anyone who opposed the war. Also he has extremely liberal economic views. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ves-david-frum

John Hinderaker from Powerline Blog for wondering if Rand Paul was quoting Pink Floyd lyrics as an anti-Semitic dog whistle. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...pac-speech.php
    Added them. Frum is obvious, but not sure about Hindraker. I'm not familiar with him. Generally looking for more than simply foreign policy as criteria for addition. He does call himself a neoconservative at times. Does he have any socialist or big government leanings?

True neoconservatives:

- Stephen Hadley (Jeb adviser)
    - Pastor John Hagee
    - Sean Hannity
    - Jane Harmon
    - James Kirchick
    - Sen. Mark Kirk
    - Henry Kissinger (McCain, Christie, Cruz adviser)
    - Charles Krauthammer
    - Bill Kristol (Ryan, Jindal, Rubio adviser)
    - John Lehman (McCain, Romney adviser)
    - Yuval Levin (Ryan, Rubio adviser)
    - Sen. Joe Lieberman
    - William Luti (Perry adviser)
    - Sen. John McCain
    - Jennifer Rubin
    - Michael Rubin
    - Sen. Marco Rubio
    - Donald Rumsfeld
    - Haim Saban (Hillary Clinton adviser, Billionaire donor)
    - Mark Salter (McCain, Kirkpatrick adviser)
    - Sen. Chuck Schumer

EM.

Neocons bi-partisan puppet show goes on.

Obama considered Jane Harman for top CIA position despite connection to Israel-AIPAC spy scandal

Henry Kissinger tells Christiane Amanpour: 'I support President Obama' on Syria

Lieberman keeps Homeland Security post
    Lieberman credits Obama after Dems let him keep post

Obama Tells Haim Saban “Israel’s Security Is Sacrosanct”

Top Officials Join Obama in Brief Visit to Saudi King
    www.nytimes.com/.../obama-leading-a-high-powered...The New York Times
    Jan 27, 2015 - RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — President Obama met with King Salman of ... his Republican opponent from 2008, Senator John McCain of Arizona, ...

Added them. Frum is obvious, but not sure about Hindraker. I'm not familiar with him. Generally looking for more than simply foreign policy as criteria for addition. He does call himself a neoconservative at times. Does he have any socialist or big government leanings?
    I'd say just add Powerline blog to the media list, although it may not even be popular enough to deserve singling out.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

You may want to add Francis Fukuyama to your list.

Although he has renounced his beliefs and changed his opinions....anyone picking up any of his writings; studies etc... will get exposure to some of the foundations of Neoconservative ideology.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I think John Hannah deserves to be on the list:

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Hannah_John
    http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...0/hannah-iran/
    https://wikispooks.com/wiki/John_Hannah
    http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheney...ting_1018.html

He is a Senior Fellow with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (Neoconservative group), former national security aide to Dick Cheney, was responsible for gathering evidence for WMD for the 2003 Iraq War, and has been named as a foreign policy advisor to Jeb Bush.
    Last edited by ord33; 04-19-2015 at 12:46 AM.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ord33 View Post
    I think John Hannah deserves to be on the list:

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Hannah_John
    http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...0/hannah-iran/
    https://wikispooks.com/wiki/John_Hannah
    http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheney...ting_1018.html

He is a Senior Fellow with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (Neoconservative group), former national security aide to Dick Cheney, was responsible for gathering evidence for WMD for the 2003 Iraq War, and has been named as a foreign policy advisor to Jeb Bush.
    Good call. Added.

Add Donald Trump to the neocon list

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Add Donald Trump to the neocon list
    He's just an idiot with a big mouth. Trump and Rand are the only two who aren't completely in line with the neocons, so it wouldn't make sense to list him.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Notes on the John Hay Initiative:

The Neocon Foreign Policy Walmart
    So little do Republican candidates care about foreign policy that most of them have “outsourced” their foreign policy to a single neocon-dominated foreign policy shop called the “John Hay Initiative.” If you wonder why most Republican candidates sound exactly the same on foreign policy, it’s because they are nearly all getting their advice from the same people.

When nearly all candidates look to someone like Eliot Cohen, a founding member of the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), to provide an off-the-shelf foreign policy, it should be no surprise that the “debate” in the Republican party is only over which country to attack first.
    But the neocons love it! The “experts” who brought us the 2003 Iraq war and the Libya “liberation” are still in the driver’s seat when it comes to foreign policy.

“Jeb!” has John Hay Initiative members Michael Chertoff and Michael Hayden (remember those crooks?) on board as his advisors.

Marco Rubio reportedly draws from Hay Project member Roger Zakheim, the son of GW Bush administration “vulcan,” Dov Zakheim. Zakheim père, we remember, joined with his fellow neocons to lie the US into war with Iraq, enriching the military-industrial complex, before absconding to the “private sector” to make his millions from the same military-industrial complex. Zakheim quickly and quietly left his position as the Pentagon’s chief financial officer after a trillion dollars went missing and the Government Accountability Office was critical of his handling of matters.

Scott Walker, a soporific candidate who nevertheless still gives neocons like Bill Kristol the vapors, also shops the neocon Walmart of foreign policy, the John Hay Initiative. ... Walker reportedly taps into the McCain Institute’s David Kramer, a John Hay member, for his foreign policy wisdom. Kramer is another PNAC alumni...
    John Hay Initiative “experts” also wrote the foreign policy speeches of candidates Carly Fiorina and Chris Christie.
    The neocons are staging a comeback, fighting Obama’s Iran nuke deal along with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.
    Searching the web, one finds neocons pushing plenty of buttons to get a sufficiently belligerent Republican elected in 2016. A new group calling itself the John Hay Initiative is tutoring GOP candidates on foreign policy. It claims to be nonpolitical, but its three “educators” are neocons. In addition to Edelman, they include Eliot Cohen, former aide to Bush’s deputy defense secretary, Paul Wolfowitz (Cohen claims to be one of the first neocons to advocate war against both Iraq and Iran), and lawyer Brian Hook, who warns that weak foreign policy “always carries a high price tag.”

These three say they’ve already written speeches for Carly Fiorina and Chris Christie and briefed Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, and several others. Only Rand Paul and Donald Trump have thus far failed to drink the neocon Kool-Aid.

Neocons started feeling better about themselves right after the 2014 elections, when the GOP captured the Senate. Kristol said that he sensed “more willingness to rethink” the neocon dogma, which was “vindicated to some degree” by Obama’s alleged weakness. The FPI held a postelection conference last December called “A World in Crisis,” with kindred spirits expressing their worries. Speakers included Robert Kagan; Senator Bob Corker, now chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, who is leading the opposition to the Iran deal; Fred Hiatt, editorial-page editor at The Washington Post; and Senators John McCain, Ted Cruz, and Tom Cotton.
    Republican Candidates Outsource Their Foreign Policy

There's a good reason so many GOP candidates seem to be well-prepared yet uncannily in sync when it comes to foreign policy: Most of them have tapped the same group of experts for guidance, a shadow foreign policy campaign infrastructure just waiting for a nominee to emerge.
    The Hay Initiative helped write recent foreign policy speeches for Carly Fiorina and Chris Christie, speeches that struck very similar notes. Members have also briefed Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and others.

Does Colin Powell count? Or is he more of a hawk who didn't end up going full neocon?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-25-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Perhaps a word on "objective neutrality" of war champs of NYT reporting on mideast conflicts merits inclusion in such lists also.
    Apparently sons of at least 3 NYT "journalists" were fighting for Israeli military to help maintain its US funded occupation of Palestinians.

No Surprise Dep’t: David Brooks’s son is in Israeli army
    US Politics
    Philip Weiss on September 24, 2014
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/09/surprise-brookss-israeli/

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast