Thread: Man loses 112lbs in a year after going paleo

Man loses 112lbs in a year after going paleo

A plumber lost 8st after becoming so big he could no longer fit into small spaces at work.

Neil Eaton, 32, dropped from 20st to 12st in a year by following the Caveman Diet.

He also started exercising and is now a part-time personal trainer.

He told MailOnline: ‘My diet was very poor – a lot of fast food and takeaways and lots of drinking.

‘It was a massive change swapping diets and it took lots of determination.

‘Now I look back at what I was eating and I think it was terrible.’

cont.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...pace-work.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet he doesn't have plumbers crack anymore.

Good for him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

his wife looks absolutely thrilled

Amazing transformation.

I'd be more than tickled to lose just half that much in a year.

When I glanced at thread title I thought I saw 'Ron Paul loses 112 lbs going Paleo'
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Anyone who wants to lose weight should try it.

Cut out most grains (bread, pasta, rice, chips, beer, etc.) and sugars/sweets and there you go.

No processed junk food. Just eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and meat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    When I glanced at thread title I thought I saw 'Ron Paul loses 112 lbs going Paleo'
    LOL, if he lost half that, he'd look like this:

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Anyone who wants to lose weight should try it.

Cut out most grains (bread, pasta, rice, chips, beer, etc.) and sugars/sweets and there you go.

No processed junk food. Just eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and meat.
    I made my husband start eating like that (that's the way I eat) - I quit making him bread and buying his junk food and he's lost 20lbs since the first of the year. I think he would've lost more but he eats what he wants at work and I can't stop him. I hate to be mean but I had to put my foot down, he just got too damn fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I made my husband start eating like that (that's the way I eat) - I quit making him bread and buying his junk food and he's lost 20lbs since the first of the year. I think he would've lost more but he eats what he wants at work and I can't stop him. I hate to be mean but I had to put my foot down, he just got too damn fat.
    You are adding years to his life.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Oh boy, more years being bitched at. Yay!

(just a joke)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

(just a joke)
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post

(just a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yay!

Lolz!!!

Drop the pounds, add the years.

haha

That approach often screws people's health. Low carb often wrecks people's metabolism, and they'll have all sorts of issues. Just look as Judge Napolitano's face, he seemingly aged 20 years since losing weight with paleo?

There are two things of the paleo approach that do help people lose weight in healthy ways: avoiding polyunsaturated fats and avoiding grains.

But you don't have to completely avoid carbs. Just avoid the bad carbs. The bad carbs are grain products, especially wheat and wheat flour. The best sources of carbs are fruit, and fruit juices, potatoes are good too. Once you have been avoiding all significant sources of polyunsaturated fats, i.e., mainly vegetable oils, for some months,, your metabolism will speed up and carbs won't make you fat.

If you go low carb however, once you add carbs back again there will be a period where you will be fatter than even before you went low carb.
    Last edited by jj-; 04-22-2014 at 08:28 PM.

You don't have to be that sophisticated about it - eat real food, not synthetic junk, and that alone will solve 90%+ of diet-related health problems.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.