Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Cop Caught on Video Tripping and Shoving HS Students Rushing Soccer Field

Texas Cop Caught on Video Tripping and Shoving HS Students Rushing Soccer Field

This makes me think of the video from Brazil (?) where security guards were seen ganging up on a soccer fan, then a bunch of other fans stormed the field and beat the hell out of the security guards. Here, all that will happen is that the police will "investigate" themselves, and find that the officer followed departmental policies and procedures ...

http://kxan.com/2014/04/20/officer-t...investigating/

Officer trips, pushes students after soccer match; police investigating
    By Lindsay Bramson, Michael Aaron Updated: Monday, April 21, 2014, 10:36 am Published: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:07 pm

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Vandegrift High School won their first soccer state championship Saturday. If you look at the video attached with this story, you can see what appears to be a uniformed Georgetown police officer tripping and pushing students as they rush onto the field after the win.

A spokesman for the Georgetown Police Department said parents began emailing the department early Sunday morning, alerting them of the video.

As you see students rush the field after the win, a uniformed Georgetown police officer can be seen sticking his leg out to trip a high school student. He then tries to trip another student.

Then, YouTube video shot by a student at the game shows one of them limping off the field.

Cell phone video sent to ReportIt@KXAN.com also shows the officer pushing two girls off the field.

snip

The Georgetown Police Department issued a statement Sunday evening.

Georgetown administrators have taken the information and will be forwarding it to internal affairs for review and investigation,” GPD Captain Roland Waits said.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 04-21-2014 at 10:07 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"I think that he should have used better judgement"

Jesus Christ.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

And from the video it looks like all the ones he targeted were female -- real tough guy there! Of course, he was just doing his job -- crowd control.

They are under 18 so perhaps the crime is even more serious than if they were adults?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    was the cop hurt?
    that cop obviously needs some paid time off to recover
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    They are under 18 so perhaps the crime is even more serious than if they were adults?
    What crime? The hero in blue was merely impeding their forward momentum as a safety measure. Had they gained more speed and tripped they may have injured themselves or, worse, others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, at least the GTPD is forwarding the material to internal affairs for review and all. Wonder how long that will take to play a 30 second clip and take some administrative action. For this act, I'm content w/ his name and picture being shown on the 6 o'clock news for all to see followed by a formal apology and mental health screening.

At the very least the pig needs to be charged no less than four counts of assaulting a minor and be barred from law enforcement.

It was clearly the fault of the girls. They walked right in front of him, impeding his forward motion, when we all know that cops always have the right-of-way. Those tramps need to learn some respect.

Here's how soccer fans in another country handled something like this :

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It was clearly the fault of the girls. They walked right in front of him, impeding his forward motion, when we all know that cops always have the right-of-way. Those tramps need to learn some respect.
    They got in the way of his goose stepping.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    "I think that he should have used better judgement"

Jesus Christ.
    Yeah, I stopped the video right there. Couldn't watch any more.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

My ole ladies 8 yr. old grand kid did this to his 2 yr. old brother not long ago. Right in front of us. He got a swat on the ass. That's what this cop needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Yeah, I stopped the video right there. Couldn't watch any more.
    Same here, but I am not surprised considering how are youth are being indoctrinated. As a result the kid may also be too scared to say how he really feels.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was a fan, the people he was tripping his hometown school just lost to in the championship game. Sore loser.
    Multiple cases of assault.
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Same here, but I am not surprised considering how are youth are being indoctrinated. As a result the kid may also be too scared to say how he really feels.
    Yes, you have to remember that kids in public schools nowadays are bullied around by "school resource officers" , from the time they are very young. A while back one of those in that area put a kid into a coma, for contempt of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Here's how soccer fans in another country handled something like this :

That's always a nice one. It illustrates the unthinking violence of both the Police and the mob. For anyone who watches the video closely, you will notice that the cop that started hitting the guy on the ground was also the first cop running off the field and escaping. Bullies and instigators are very good at making a quick and silent exit before the the real chaos starts, whether they be members of a crowd, or wearing uniforms.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Well, at least the GTPD is forwarding the material to internal affairs for review and all. Wonder how long that will take to play a 30 second clip and take some administrative action. For this act, I'm content w/ his name and picture being shown on the 6 o'clock news for all to see followed by a formal apology and mental health screening.
    With all due respect, to hell with that. Although I am certain you did not intend it in this way, under current circumstances what you suggest effectively amounts to the application of a double-standard. Consider: if the situation was reversed and it was the cop being treated like this by mundanes, arrests would be made and criminal charges would be pending - and any "administrative action" would as likely involve the "administration" of beat-downs to the offending parties ...

There can be no justice under such conditions, and I am not in the least inclined to treat members of the enforcer class with any more delicacy than they treat us.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The officer has been identified as Officer George Bermudez , and is now on paid vacation .

i have it on good authority that he was given strict orders to protect that field, no matter what....

just doiing his job.

Those students did it to themselves. For Celebrating. you don't celebrate around a cop. They deserved what they got.

I hope the officer didn't injure his shin while those students heels crashed into him. Poor officer I hope he made it home safe. No one appreciates the tough job he had that night.

My goodness it's just a little tripping and pushing why are you making it a big deal...At least we aren't talking about our officers raping anybody....You people don't know how good you have it.
    Last edited by Mani; 04-22-2014 at 12:40 AM.

What kind of power-tripping psychosis had to be going through his mind... He must walk around all day looking to start some $#@! in order to reinforce his "authority".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    What kind of power-tripping psychosis had to be going through his mind... He must walk around all day looking to start some $#@! in order to reinforce his "authority".

More like....GET OFF THE FIELD. Bah Hambug! Stop having fun! Get off the field! Stop celebrating! BAH! Get off the field! Doing my job! Bah! Keeping the field safe! Bah! $#@!ing Mundanes don't belong on the field! Bah!

If he could think beyond that, he wouldn't be in that profession. I'm sure he got hi-5's back at the station when they talked about it over donuts.

You guys didn't hear??? Kids are the new terrorists.

The officer is being punished, and has been informed of what that would be, though apparently lowly mundanes do no need to know what the "punishment" is. I suspect something like being required to watch a training video, or maybe a couple of days off with no pay. Though I think he should be fired and charged with assault, oppression under color of law, etc.

http://kxan.com/2014/06/03/georgetow...ns-punishment/

Georgetown officer who tripped and pushed students learns punishment
    By KXAN NewsPublished: June 3, 2014, 8:39 pmUpdated: June 4, 2014, 7:14 am

GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) — The officer caught on camera tripping students at a soccer game has learned his punishment.

The investigation into an incident where George Bermudez could be seen tripping and pushing students as they ran onto the field following a state championship concluded last week.

The Department has been tight-lipped about exactly what the investigation determined, or even what Bermudez’s punishment will be.

However, the chief of police informed Bermudez about his punishment, and the officer has until Friday to accept the penalty or be suspended indefinitely without pay, according to a spokesperson.

snip

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    For anyone who watches the video closely, you will notice that the cop that started hitting the guy on the ground was also the first cop running off the field and escaping.

That's how it looks to me and sadly it looks like the cop who got the beating was earlier signaling to the said cop to stop jabbing the guy with his baton.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The officer is being punished, and has been informed of what that would be, though apparently lowly mundanes do no need to know what the "punishment" is. I suspect something like being required to watch a training video, or maybe a couple of days off with no pay.
    Well, whatever the punishment is, it can't be any worse than "indefinite suspension without pay" - since that is the punishment for not taking the punishment ...

However, the chief of police informed Bermudez about his punishment, and the officer has until Friday to accept the penalty or be suspended indefinitely without pay, according to a spokesperson.
    EDIT: On second thought, scratch that. It actually could be worse than "indefinite suspension without pay" - with "indefinite suspension without pay" being offered as an "escape hatch" or a sort of "get out of jail free" card ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-04-2014 at 03:18 PM.

This guy has finally been fired, for trying to screw over a fellow officer. I'd think that the one he messed with should also be fired for "losing" his rifle -- then again if they fired all the incompetent ones there wouldn't be many left.

For a job where you'd think having a good memory is a requirement cops sure are a forgetful bunch, always forgetting their weapons, or K9 officers "forgetting" their K9s and leaving them to die in hot vehicles (another case of that in the past couple of days in Conyers, GA), forgetting details of misconduct, etc.

http://kxan.com/2015/07/17/georgetow...leagues-rifle/

GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) — A Georgetown police officer– who was has a disciplinary history with the Department–has been fired after an investigation found he had tampered with another officer’s rifle.

On February 2, while at the Williamson County Firearms Range with other officers, Officer George Bermudez was asked to retrieve the duty rifle of Officer David Lanier who had forgotten it at the range.

According to an official disciplinary memo from Georgetown Police Chief Wayne Nero, instead of returning the rifle, Bermudez took it to the Guns Plus gun shop in Georgetown where he talked with the clerks about manipulating the gun’s components, specifically the sights and firing pin.

When the clerk asked why he would want that to be done Bermudez said, “to teach him a lesson to not leave his [expletive] laying around.”

snip

Officer Lanier worked two full shifts before finding out his sights were off.

snip

Because the investigation determined Bermudez was engaged in discussions with Guns Plus employees about the rifle components and the components were proven to have been moved, he was suspended indefinitely on Friday, July 18.

Last year, Bermudez was previously suspended for being seen on video tripping students rushing on to a soccer field in celebration.

snip

Bermudez has 10 days to file an appeal of the decision. He is being represented by the Texas Municipal Police Officers Association. He had been with Georgetown police since 2005.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-19-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast