Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to Africa to see the lions and wild animals?

Has anyone been to Africa to see the lions and wild animals?

...on any of the parks or reserves? I'm from Canada. I'm assuming most here are from the US

Was it expensive, fun? How long did you stay and where? Get up close to the lions and cheetahs and hyenas, etc..? I love the big cats most. Thanks for your time, Kevin.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are planning on sightseeing ? Which Country ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You are planning on sightseeing ? Which Country ?
    Africa....

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    Africa....
    There are many Countries in Africa. If you know which you would like to visit I can tell you what I have seen there.

sorry, mostly in Kruger and Maasai Mara and where Kevin Richardson's place is (http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/index...anctuary/about)

sorry, mostly in Kruger and Maasai Mara and where Kevin Richardson's place is (http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/index...anctuary/about)
    I take it you mean Kruger Park ? I have not been in there . I have been on the edge of the Mara in Tanzania. You could probably see everything you are interested in on the Mara.

If you could find someplace to stay near the plains on the river, that would be your best view.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Night sky is the true treasure of Africa. It's invigorating. Spiritually, physically, visually...

Find a good spot. Sit. Wait. You'll see.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-21-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I was in Kruger Park for over a week. Stunning, beautiful, ethical, etc. But that was many years ago.

Africa....
    Lucky!!! Africa is on my bucket list. I love giraffes and would love nothing more than to see them in their natural habitat. What an incredible creature. What was God thinking?

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Hahahahhahaha!!!! I love it!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Not me, but its on my bucket list cos I also love the big cats and we don't have any of that in Nigeria. Also I know everyone here knows Africa is a big continent with diverse ecological regions so its better to talk about your trip in terms of regions. You have rainforests in the west and central regions, deserts in the North and savannahs in the south and south east. So depending on what you want to see, its better to say the region you want to visits cos there are virtually no big cats or giraffes outside the savannah eco systems

On a side note, I saw a man when I was growing up trying to sell a wild tiger at one of the markets. The problem is that there are no wild tigers left in Africa and he was trying to sell it in a vegetable market True story

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Lucky!!! Africa is on my bucket list. I love giraffes and would love nothing more than to see them in their natural habitat. What an incredible creature. What was God thinking?
    I can't reach the peanut butter!
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

fire11 could probably help you get to Africa...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the closest I've been, unfortunately.

http://www.lioncountrysafari.com/

http://goo.gl/maps/JMwcg
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

I'm from Canada.
    Explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not me, but its on my bucket list cos I also love the big cats and we don't have any of that in Nigeria. Also I know everyone here knows Africa is a big continent with diverse ecological regions so its better to talk about your trip in terms of regions. You have rainforests in the west and central regions, deserts in the North and savannahs in the south and south east. So depending on what you want to see, its better to say the region you want to visits cos there are virtually no big cats or giraffes outside the savannah eco systems

On a side note, I saw a man when I was growing up trying to sell a wild tiger at one of the markets. The problem is that there are no wild tigers left in Africa and he was trying to sell it in a vegetable market True story
    Only thing left I really need to see is Mokele mbembe .

Kevin has one in his reserve. See the website link I gave. He also has a movie on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

mostly the mara...where they had the BBC Big cat diary series.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Explains a lot.
    ?

?
    Save your money , for a small fee and transportation you can take me along , you may make it back alive that way . If I am too busy , maybe I can get Danke to take you , LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Save your money , for a small fee and transportation you can take me along , you may make it back alive that way . If I am too busy , maybe I can get Danke to take you , LOL
    Sorry, he's Canadian.

Explains a lot.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was it expensive, fun? How long did you stay and where? Get up close to the lions and cheetahs and hyenas, etc..? I love the big cats most. Thanks for your time, Kevin.
    No, Yes, a few weeks, Kenya, South Africa, yes, yes, yes and no problem yw.

. I love giraffes and would love nothing more than to see them in their natural habitat.
    Same here!

bump............

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sorry, he's Canadian.
    I don't like those.

I don't like those.
    lol, I got a neg rep for this. I don't think the person who neg repped me realises this:

Last edited by compromise; 05-02-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast