Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who is allowed to post on this Religion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I would say if some stayed in the kitchen where they belonged we wouldn't have this problem on the forum, but that would be an improper thing for me to say...
    Aye, aye, aye......
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aye's the word--Danke's in!

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Love must work both ways.

I was invited to this site, and many responded to me in love . . . but others responded with hate and opposition.

Regarding the latter responses, I began this thread.

If you have a solution how to show love to those who hate you, oppose you, and tell you to get lost, you tell me!

IOW's, how (or is) a Christian supposed to find peace with anti-christs?
    Love does NOT work both ways.

If you follow Christ's teachings then you must: Love your brother as yourself.

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…"
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…"
    Yeah, you're right and some want a license to beat people up and then cry a river when it's done back to them in return. No--two wrongs don't make a right, but if one bounces in here beating up on people, insulting them, calling them names--certainly shouldn't be creating thread whining about how poorly they've been treated while calling others "wimps", "fakes", "trolls", "evil" and "hypocrites" at the same time. That's some kind of emotionally disturbed IMO.

Especially people who don't support this forum politically or socially and have come right out and stated such as being "A-political" who have never supported RPF ever. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-22-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    Nang, I understand your frustration...I really do. As an outsider who supports much of what you believe imho Bryan is being fair to you here. I am not in any way defending those 3 or 4 posters who have been assaulting your beliefs and character. I agree that you have been attacked time and again for stating the truth. Imho please let this go for the time being. I do not want to see you banned as well. FF and Sola will be back soon

Nang has not been "attacked for stating the truth"---Nang has been getting just what she has dished out to so many in here and then expects to whine to Bryan about how badly people are treating her. Nang should be told that if she wants people to treat her with respect, she needs to at least make an effort to live up to those same standards.

No you've mentioned my name and TER's in this thread as if TER has ever said anything unkind to Nang, which he never has-- TER has never been anything but kind and loving to her after she's insulted him calling him a "fake". You seem to play the *nice-guy*, but you also seem to support this same attitude towards Catholics that Nang, FF and Sola do, which is rather telling all by itself by claiming they should "come out of the harlot"---when the "harlot" is not even the RCC as you seem to believe--that's not biblical. The Harlot is Jerusalem as I've shown you. That is an insult to the Catholic brethren here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Nang has not been "attacked for stating the truth"---Nang has been getting just what she has dished out to so many in here and then expects to whine to Bryan about how badly people are treating her. Nang should be told that if she wants people to treat her with respect, she needs to at least make an effort to live up to those same standards.

No you've mentioned my name and TER's in this thread as if TER has ever said anything unkind to Nang, which he never has-- TER has never been anything but kind and loving to her after she's insulted him calling him a "fake". You seem to play the *nice-guy*, but you also seem to support this same attitude towards Catholics that Nang, FF and Sola do, which is rather telling all by itself by claiming they should "come out of the harlot"---when the "harlot" is not even the RCC as you seem to believe--that's not biblical. The Harlot is Jerusalem as I've shown you. That is an insult to the Catholic brethren here.
    All I can say in response to this hysteria . . . is . . . LEAVE KEVIN ALONE!

He is faithful, honest, and well-meaning.

He deserves none of your wicked attacks, just because he is civil with me.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I can say in response to this hysteria . . . is . . . LEAVE KEVIN ALONE!

He is faithful, honest, and well-meaning.

He deserves none of your wicked attacks, just because he is civil with me.
    thanks Nang. I do not get that; because we agree on most things we are lumped together as evildoers and liars and people attacking the RCC.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

thanks Nang. I do not get that; because we agree on most things we are lumped together as evildoers and liars and people attacking the RCC.
    While I do share your love for animals Kevin, I don't share your comradery with the likes of those here to spread hatred and division amongst the brethren. So far the *nice guy* image you like to portray has not taken that same image in what you write and about whom and your reasons for doing so. How ironic that the perps so often play the victim in such cases.

I'm not a victim, and yes I'm a nice guy.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I'm not a victim, and yes I'm a nice guy.
    Kevin,

For your own sake and image, it is ok for you to stay non-aligned with me, and please do not to feel obligated to defend me in any way.

You will only be hurt, because of the hatred that is rampant against me in this place.

I know we are brethren, but take care of yourself as you fight your own spiritual battles.

Love you, in Christ

Nang

Can't we have less battles and fighting and just chillout?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    That would be good . . . take it up with the unchurched "girls"!

Like this guy

Why?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would be nice to see some serious other cheek turning and doing unto others....

Why?
    He describes a positive simple message of getting along? Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I would be nice to see some serious other cheek turning and doing unto others....
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Christians are not called to love the devil or anti-christs.

Spong is a false teacher of the highest order.

Christians are not called to love the devil or anti-christs.

Spong is a false teacher of the highest order.
    Matthew 5:43-45

Has anyone noticed . . .

Most on RPF tell me, I should be nice and loving to those who who deny the sound teachings of God's Sovereignty and particular Grace, but those very same I should be nicer to, are those who deny God's Sovereignty and particular Grace, and are the very ones who are not rebuked for their hatred and rejection of me, for believing in God's Sovereignty and particular Grace!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Matthew 5:43-45
    Never said I do not pray for these . . . I just refuse to "love" or follow their weird teachings.

Has anyone noticed . . .

Most on RPF tell me, I should be nice and loving to those who who deny the sound teachings of God's Sovereignty and particular Grace, but those very same I should be nicer to, are those who deny God's Sovereignty and particular Grace, and are the very ones who are not rebuked for their hatred and rejection of me, for believing in God's Sovereignty and particular Grace!
    So are you saying you have a special right as a proper Christian to be as mean and condescending to people as possible while spreading the 'Good News' of Jesus?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    their hatred and rejection of me, for believing in God's Sovereignty and particular Grace!
    You are being deliberately obtuse. No one here hates or rejects you, especially for your beliefs. Folk here take offense at your insulting nature. That's it.
    Word of advice: EX-LAX. You'll thank me.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

So are you saying you have a special right as a proper Christian to be as mean and condescending to people as possible while spreading the 'Good News' of Jesus?
    Just about as much right as you have to judge whether I am "condescending" or not.

What I would like to know from you, is whether you think the gospel of Grace I proclaim is the true good news of Jesus Christ or not.

That is all that matters.

And I proclaim that Christ came as Mediator for His own, to perfectly and sinlessly follow all the Law . . on their behalf. And then He suffered the wrath of God while bearing their sins . . . on their behalf. And then He died their death . . . on their behalf. And then He resurrected as their Surety and promise that they were were successfully justified and forgiven of all their sins, and they, too, would resurrect unto everlasting life.

Now. What exactly is the matter with my beliefs and the gospel I proclaim?

I'll take that as a Yes.

Aside from that, I'm Skeptical about all Christianity or God(s) and Holy Books these days. Though I am intrigued by core concepts of Buddhism. So I'm not singling out just your flavor of Christianity to challenge. I'm not really on Eduardo's, Erowe1's, or TER's side either.

It does seem like your rhetoric gets very zealous and personnel. Maybe they do seem to attack you because they themselves have felt personally attacked. So it all quickly escalates.

And I proclaim that Christ came as Mediator for His own, to perfectly and sinlessly follow all the Law . . on their behalf. And then He suffered the wrath of God while bearing their sins . . . on their behalf. And then He died their death . . . on their behalf. And then He resurrected as their Surety and promise that they were were successfully justified and forgiven of all their sins, and they, too, would resurrect unto everlasting life.

Nothing at all. I respect your beliefs. I don't share them. That's all that is asked here. If you can do that yourself, you are welcome.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Has anyone noticed . . .

Please listen to what Ender posted and really meditate on it. You are not being rejected but your behavior here is being criticized by people who want you to see there is a duty to love even your enemies and leave the rest (all the wrath) to the Creator. Without love all you are doing is making noise like a clanging cymbal and the love has to be love for even your enemies, those who disagree with your beliefs, just as He sacrificed Himself before we first loved Him. This is how you evidence the Spirit within you. We are to love others as He first loved us, as they are now, and the one who knows what is in the hearts and minds will be the judge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a176b9cdfe1772034ab974ba8a1da2d9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	2368
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Has anyone noticed . . .

Nang, try to look at it this way: Say you were part of a community, for a couple of years. A community of political peers where there is lively debate about all things political, but there is also a small portion of that community who enjoys debating about religion/theology and such. You decide to invite someone not part of this community of political thinkers into the small religious portion, and your reasoning for inviting this person over is because you want back-up for your religious beliefs, and you know your friend views things the same way. So your friend decides to come on over to this community which, again, is founded mainly on a political philosophy. The people in this community are as diverse as they come, and it is amazing that such a diverse group can even get along at all, but the reason they do (albeit not without occasional struggle)is because they all share the same philosophy regarding individual, or personal freedom. That is basically: believe what you want, think what you want, feel what you want, do what you want, and what you own is yours, as long you don't cause damage.

So your friend, without giving consideration to any of the members of this community, or what they are about, comes in and declares openly, and with impunity, that many of the members are not fit to enter heaven, mainly because they do not believe the way you and your friend do.

This attitude and behavior is anathema to the core beliefs of the members of this forum, which is why even non-faithful are getting involved - because many of the members (in their diversity) have grown to like and even love each other, and reject your intolerance, because in our view, intolerance causes damage. This community is tight because we are political activists. And while we are spread all across America and are even in other countries, many of us have met each other many times, and have even had each other over to our houses. This is NOT your typical online community.

Now, you will say, we are intolerant of you and your views, but as it has been stated time and again - anyone who is able to present their argument without ad hominem attacks is always welcomed - THAT is what this community is about!!! FREEDOM TO THINK, FEEL, BELIEVE, AND DO WHAT YOU WANT. But that does not give you the right to attack other people or their faith. It goes against our philosophy, and it goes against Christ's teachings.

Nang, you and a few of the other Calvinists have gone about your proselytizing all wrong, and it has resulted in causing damage to a sub-forum that I have a personal interest in keeping alive, since I argued for the creation of it many years ago. People are calling for its end. I want to believe that those of us who are brothers and sisters in Christ have the capacity to iron this out. We've had our problems in the past on this forum, but never to this extent, and some of us have failed in our dealings with you and the others. But I think it really just boils down to your and the other Calvinists' capacity to stick to your theology and avoid attacking established members of this forum. You must decide for yourself whether or not your intolerance of us is worth your effort. And we must decide the same of you.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 04-23-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Nang, try to look at it this way: Say you were part of a community, for a couple of years. A community of political peers where there is lively debate about all things political, but there is also a small portion of that community who enjoys debating about religion/theology and such. You decide to invite someone not part of this community of political thinkers into the small religious portion, and your reasoning for inviting this person over is because you want back-up for your religious beliefs, and you know your friend views things the same way. So your friend decides to come on over to this community which, again, is founded mainly on a political philosophy. The people in this community are as diverse as they come, and it is amazing that such a diverse group can even get along at all, but the reason they do (albeit not without occasional struggle)is because they all share the same philosophy regarding individual, or personal freedom. That is basically: believe what you want, think what you want, feel what you want, do what you want, and what you own is yours, as long you don't cause damage.

So your friend, without giving consideration to any of the members of this community, or what they are about, comes in and declares openly, and with impunity, that many of the members are not fit to enter heaven, mainly because they do not believe the way you and your friend do.

This attitude and behavior is anathema to the core beliefs of the members of this forum, which is why even non-faithful are getting involved - because many of the members (in their diversity) have grown to like and even love each other, and reject your intolerance, because in our view, intolerance causes damage. This community is tight because we are political activists. And while we are spread all across America and are even in other countries, many of us have met each other many times, and have even had each other over to our houses. This is NOT your typical online community.

Now, you will say, we are intolerant of you and your views, but as it has been stated time and again - anyone who is able to present their argument without ad hominem attacks is always welcomed - THAT is what this community is about!!! FREEDOM TO THINK, FEEL, BELIEVE, AND DO WHAT YOU WANT. But that does not give you the right to attack other people or their faith. It goes against our philosophy, and it goes against Christ's teachings.

Nang, you and a few of the other Calvinists have gone about your proselytizing all wrong, and it has resulted in causing damage to a sub-forum that I have a personal interest in keeping alive, since I argued for the creation of it many years ago. People are calling for its end. I want to believe that those of us who are brothers and sisters in Christ have the capacity to iron this out. We've had our problems in the past on this forum, but never to this extent, and some of us have failed in our dealings with you and the others. But I think it really just boils down to your and the other Calvinists' capacity to stick to your theology and avoid attacking established members of this forum. You must decide for yourself whether or not your intolerance of us is worth your effort. And we must decide the same of you.
    I believe God's Truth is absolute. I do not believe sinful men have the liberty to just believe anything they want, but those who call themselves Christian, must be in accord with the revelation of God (the Holy Scriptures).

Liberty is a wonderful thing, but spiritual anarchy is not.

Please read Matthew 7:21-27

I am not "proselytizing" for only God can save through the power of His gospel message, and I honestly have no agenda, but I discovered immediately, that I would be required to defend my faith on this site. My Reformed beliefs were and continue to be terribly misrepresented, demeaned, and perverted . . so before the face of God, I must defend the basis for my faith . . the Holy Scriptures.

I can do no other . . .

Those of you who believe in total liberty to believe any way you choose, must also extend this liberty to me; else this forum is a farce and makes a mockery of Christianity.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast