Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is allowed to post on this Religion Forum

Who is allowed to post on this Religion Forum

I have recently been told to "go away" because I do "not belong here" on this forum, so I just want to pin down what credentials and motives one must have to post on this RPF Religion Forum:

1. One must be a Ron Paul Follower or a Ron/Rand Paul Political support or at least a Ron/Rand Paul Fan?

2. One must be Roman Catholic?

3. One must be Eastern Orthodox?

4. One must be Protestant Christian?

5. One must believe in God?

6. One must hold to some kind of religion?

7. One must agree with TER and Terry1 in all matters of biblical interpretation and practice?

8. None of the above?

All opinions are welcome!

Nang

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only people who "do not belong here" are those who cannot follow the forum rules. We have members from a wide array of religions, atheists, and IIRC, Buddhists and agnostics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

As Heavenlyboy said, everyone who follows the rules and is civil should be allowed to post here. There aren't any theological views that disqualify anyone from posting in this sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The only people who "do not belong here" are those who cannot follow the forum rules. We have members from a wide array of religions, atheists, and IIRC, Buddhists and agnostics.
    This.

Be respectful and treat others how you would want to be treated and how you would want your family to be treated.

With the discussion of religion comes much disagreement but always do so constructively and kindly.

That is all that is required.

This comes to mind: "He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

That is a proper and good answer.

But what does a person do, who posts according to forum rules, but is told they should "go away" because their religious views do not match the complainant's?

IOW's does one poster who disagrees with another poster, ever have the right to tell another believer in Jesus Christ, to "go away" from the RPF Religion Forum?

If so, on what basis?

That is my question . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    But what does a person do, who posts according to forum rules, but is told they should "go away" because their religious views do not match the complainant's?
    Probably just ignore the person who says that. There's an ignore button that you can click on to ignore anyone you're having trouble getting along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Probably just ignore the person who says that. There's an ignore button that you can click on to ignore anyone you're having trouble getting along with.
    If this is good advice, why do those who disagree with me, and reject me and tell me to "go away" saying I do "not belong here" not practice that advice instead of cruelly ostracizing me?

Nang, I know of who you are talking about; there are about 3 of them; just ignore them friend.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this is good advice, why do those who disagree with me, and reject me and tell me to "go away" saying I do "not belong here" not practice that advice instead of cruelly ostracizing me?
    If someone here is not treating you well, maybe you could private message the person and try to work it out and make peace?
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    Nang, I know of who you are talking about; there are about 3 of them; just ignore them friend.
    Yes, but why can't they just ignore me?

Why must we be required to "ignore them" while they misrepresent and foul our gospel witness with impunity and false teachings?

The very worse thing any faithful Christian can do, is "ignore" the lies of the devil.

I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    If someone here is not treating you well, maybe you could private message the person and try to work it out and make peace?
    Just a thought.

With all due respect, this is laughable . . .

There are good Christian men banned from this site at the moment, for attempting to witness to the grace of Jesus Christ PUBLICALLY, according to biblical instructions.

No where does the Spirit of God say that the truth must cozy up or attempt to compromised . . . privately!

Are these moderators or other posters? Are these in threads, PMs, reps? In that thread where you said you were leaving, I told you to get lost but I was mostly joking-- please don't take that seriously.

There are good Christian men banned from this site at the moment, for attempting to witness to the grace of Jesus Christ PUBLICALLY, according to biblical instructions.
    Are you talking about the two who very regularly call people idiots, fools, etc., and who will be back in less than a month?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Are you talking about the two who very regularly call people idiots, fools, etc., and who will be back in less than a month?
    no, she is talking about Ter, Terry and others imho.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Are these moderators or other posters?
    These are other posters.

Are these in threads, PMs, reps?
    All of the above.

In that thread where you said you were leaving, I told you to get lost but I was mostly joking-- please don't take that seriously.
    I didn't and I don't. I enjoy your posts, RJB.

Even when you disagree with me, you are clever and humurous, and do not murder me in your heart.

There is a difference as to how sinners react to other sinners . . . and you are admittedly one who responds in humility and humor.

IOW's, I like you, guy . . .

With all due respect, this is laughable . . .
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

No where does the Spirit of God say that the truth must cozy up or attempt to compromised . . . privately!
    The Spirit of God is LOVE: Love is patient, kind, gentle, long-suffering, etc. What's wrong with talking one-on-one (without an audience) to someone you are having difficulties with and try to reach common ground so that you can keep the lines of communication open?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Well I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon. His cross was rather bloody and he could hardly roll his stone."

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

The Spirit of God is LOVE: Love is patient, kind, gentle, long-suffering, etc. What's wrong with talking one-on-one (without an audience) to someone you are having difficulties with and try to reach common ground so that you can keep the lines of communication open?
    Love must work both ways.

I was invited to this site, and many responded to me in love . . . but others responded with hate and opposition.

Regarding the latter responses, I began this thread.

If you have a solution how to show love to those who hate you, oppose you, and tell you to get lost, you tell me!

IOW's, how (or is) a Christian supposed to find peace with anti-christs?

TER? He's the nicest and most civil person on here. You must be thinking of someone else.

TER? He's the nicest and most civil person on here. You must be thinking of someone else.

"Civil" persons do not unrepentantly break God commandments, and "nice" persons do not oppose the biblical gospel of Unconditional Grace.

Nor do they claim fire coming down from heaven, or witness to signs and wonders of supernatural healing, [mod delete]
    Last edited by Nang; 04-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.

IOW's does one poster who disagrees with another poster, ever have the right to tell another believer in Jesus Christ, to "go away" from the RPF Religion Forum?

If so, on what basis?

Who told you to go away? Do they have the authority to tell you to go away? Do you have some reason to care what they think?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Who told you to go away? Do they have the authority to tell you to go away? Do you have some reason to care what they think?
    That's what I was wondering.

Love must work both ways.

I was invited to this site, and many responded to me in love . . . but others responded with hate and opposition.

Regarding the latter responses, I began this thread.

If you have a solution how to show love to those who hate you, oppose you, and tell you to get lost, you tell me!

IOW's, how (or is) a Christian supposed to find peace with anti-christs?
    Don't be so easily offended. Know that Love has a redemptive power, it builds up, rather than tears down.
    If you (generally speaking here) can only show love to those who agree with you or love you first, or love you in return... you are not realizing the true power of love.
    Matthew 5:47 "If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?"

My suggestion to private message the person who is not being kind to you is one that I have put into action myself.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it never hurts to reach out and try.
    Forums, especially can be very difficult to talk about spiritual things. When you have an audience, it can sometimes bring out bad behaviour.
    Pride gets in the way a LOT. Just gotta push past it, both the pride in yourself and the pride you may sense coming from others.

There's another verse that says "Those who know love, know God for God IS love."
    If someone is being unkind or mean to you, perhaps they need to be shown love.

Just some thoughts...

If that's all it is, then this is really no better than the people who get offended just because someone else thinks they're not saved.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I don't understand that one.

I think she might be referred to me as one of the people, although I have never told her to go away or that she doesn't belong here.

"Civil" persons do not unrepentantly break God commandments, and "nice" persons do not oppose the biblical gospel of Unconditional Grace.

Nor do they claim fire coming down from heaven, or witness to signs and wonders of supernatural healing, [mod delete]
    It seems like you just have trouble getting along with anyone who disagrees with your theology.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Yes, this is it. Thank you, and +rep.

That is a violation of the guidelines, you can report it to the mod team, even if it is in a private message. Use the ! triangle under each post.

If so, on what basis?

They don't.

while they misrepresent and foul our gospel witness with impunity and false teachings?
    Can you respectfully provide a proof of this claim of "false teachings"? Or is it an opinion or a matter of faith? This becomes a key issue here. If you can't prove something then you are left with respectfully and with wholeheartedly disagreeing with someone else, you can say that from your viewpoint, that you explain, that you think it is a false teaching but that's it. If you can't prove it don't claim it as fact. Much of religion is about faith, so here we need to be clear on what is fact and what is faith if we are going to try to resolve issues. It's actually really important and there is nothing wrong with faith, and no point arguing about the "correctness" of each others faith. The goal here is to respectfully exchange information about facts and faith for personal enrichment, not to proof who's faith is right and who's is wrong.

Also, as with the entire site, each thread can be limited in content scope by the topic starter, so if you don't want off-topic debate in your discussion, it's off-topic.

Thank you.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Terry, and no, she posts with no authority.

My answer to your second question, is this thread . . ,
    Last edited by Nang; 04-20-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Bryan- you seem pretty fair and a cool guy, just sayin'! Happy Easter everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yes, this is it. Thank you, and +rep.

That is a violation of the guidelines, you can report it to the mod team, even if it is in a private message. Use the ! triangle under each post.
    Oh really? . . . I privately flag posts to you all the time, and you do nothing but chastise me, scold me, and attempt to intimidate me in order show your bias preference to those whom I report.

Can you respectfully provide a proof of this claim of "false teachings"? Or is it an opinion or a matter of faith? This becomes a key issue here. If you can't prove something then you are left with respectfully and with wholeheartedly disagreeing with someone else, you can say that from your viewpoint, that you explain, that you think it is a false teaching but that's it. If you can't prove it don't claim it as fact. Much of religion is about faith, so here we need to be clear on what is fact and what is faith if we are going to try to resolve issues. It's actually really important and there is nothing wrong with faith, and no point arguing about the "correctness" of each others faith. The goal here is to respectfully exchange information about facts and faith for personal enrichment, not to proof who's faith is right and who's is wrong.
    So what "proof" do you require of me that you do not require of those who tell me I don't belong here? What proof do you ask of all the blasphemous errors TEL and Terry1 post?

Bryan, you are an unfair and biased Moderator. Just because you own this site, does not give you license to oppose the truths of God. You will answer to God Almighty for your mistreatment and rejection of the gospel and biblical witness of the grace and righteousness of Jesus Christ, attempted by a few who have entered your controlled realm.

Being an owner of a discussion website, does not remove your accountability to truth in the eyes of God, but rather, it makes you more accountable . . .thus, if you persist in silencing the saints of God who proclaim the pure gospel of grace (opposite of works-righteousness), you will be judged by the Almighty, accordingly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast