Thread: Dem Senator (Blumenthal) Nearly Hit By Train During Press Conference About Commuter Safety

Dem Senator (Blumenthal) Nearly Hit By Train During Press Conference About Commuter Safety

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It doesn't look to me like he would have been hit had he stayed still and not moved....he wasn't standing right on the edge.

The irony, can you smell it? Talk about getting hit by the "clue train."
    But this was just a near miss, so I doubt he'll learn anything from it ...

FTA: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dem-senat...mmuter-safety/

Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) has been waging a campaign demanding safety accountability for the Metro-North railway this week [...] But as he discovered this week, there is also an element of personal responsibility when it comes to commuter train safety. [...]

Perhaps someone told Blumenthal that no trains would be arriving during the presser, but even so, that yellow line near the edge is there for a reason and he clearly chose to ignore it. If you’re going to send out tweets like this you should probably at least watch where you’re standing on the train platform. [...]

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

To this day I don't understand how you can't hear it coming/feel the vibrations/etc etc.

But.. that was an Amtrak Acela train. Those things can move. It should have been giving the signal it was coming by the horn sounding - I don't know the rules - but all the amtrak trains and commuter trains do that here, if they are on the tracks closest to the platform, and that includes the acela express trains...

Just a few weeks ago a guy in NJ died being struck by a train, and he was on the platform... and his body pieces injured a few others.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

To this day I don't understand how you can't hear it coming/feel the vibrations/etc etc.

But.. that was an Amtrak Acela train. Those things can move. It should have been giving the signal it was coming by the horn sounding - I don't know the rules - but all the amtrak trains and commuter trains do that here, if they are on the tracks closest to the platform, and that includes the acela express trains...

Just a few weeks ago a guy in NJ died being struck by a train, and he was on the platform... and his body pieces injured a few others.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.