Thread: Republican Liberty Caucus Of Texas

Republican Liberty Caucus Of Texas

Are any of you members of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas? Are they relevent?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They endorse a few candidates locally. I recently started paying attention to local politics. Doesn't seem like they do much

I am not a member, I have considered joining. I pay attention to their endorsements, I used to respect them more than I do now. But ever since they recommended Sarah Davis for Reelection in HD 134 this year, I have been wondering what they are smoking.
    Why on earth would ANYBODY endorse Sarah Davis?

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-v...s#.U1MtKlcT7kE
    http://www.teaparty911.com/candidate...guide_2014.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I'm probably going to join because I want there endorsement for when I run for local politics and eventually US House/Senate. I don't really know much about who they endorse. I just looked her up. Idk why they would endorse her. Maybe she's in the RLC?

Actually, I just looked into it. Usually when they recommend someone it's because the other option is HORRIBLE. That teaparty911 website endorsed Greg Abbott because he's better than the other candidates (they only endorse Republican candidates). This is why I despise the Libertarian Party to a certain degree. Breaking from the RP only alienated our base and did us no good as a result. True change comes from within.
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 04-20-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas, They endorse... That's about it. Nothing else. It's about as good as nothing.

I mean, I wish it weren't so, but all of our people really go about their own ways supporting their own candidates.

If you're going to run consider the endorsements of Simpson or Stickland, they'll know who to hook you up with. That, and it's always nice to have the endorsements of the 2 most conservative members of the Legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by archer1600 View Post
    Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas, They endorse... That's about it. Nothing else. It's about as good as nothing.

I mean, I wish it weren't so, but all of our people really go about their own ways supporting their own candidates.

If you're going to run consider the endorsements of Simpson or Stickland, they'll know who to hook you up with. That, and it's always nice to have the endorsements of the 2 most conservative members of the Legislature.
    So the RLC's endorsement really means nothing? Aww. Well that saves me money. Yeah I agree. Liberty-minded people really do go about their own way supporting candidates. I looked into that one website you gave me which was basically a radio website. It was interesting. It had Kesha Rogers on air at one point. I didn't really know how to connect with anyone through there. I don't really know how I'll connect with Simpson or Stickland either. It kinda sucks since it seems like Sugar Land and a few other areas encompassed in Fort Bend County doesn't really have that many liberty-minded Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I am not a member, I have considered joining. I pay attention to their endorsements, I used to respect them more than I do now. But ever since they recommended Sarah Davis for Reelection in HD 134 this year, I have been wondering what they are smoking.
    Why on earth would ANYBODY endorse Sarah Davis?
    I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but the RLC Houston seems to be obsessed with abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuschler View Post
    I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but the RLC Houston seems to be obsessed with abortion.
    I thought of that, but they endorsed Steve Stockman didn't they? And he is extremely pro life.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Idk why they would endorse her. Maybe she's in the RLC?

Actually, I just looked into it. Usually when they recommend someone it's because the other option is HORRIBLE.
    Bonnie Parker would likely have been a far superior state rep ... I don't know how one can be more HORRIBLE than Sarah Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I thought of that, but they endorsed Steve Stockman didn't they? And he is extremely pro life.
    The state RLC did ... the Sarah Davis endorsement (recommendation) came from RLC Houston.

The state RLC did ... the Sarah Davis endorsement (recommendation) came from RLC Houston.
    I meant his 2012 U.S Congress run, but I was thinking of the RLC of CD 36. I guess they might have differences with other groups.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I still think liberty candidates would be well served by an organization/PAC under which we could organize, raise funds, and promote the liberty agenda ... perhaps our own version of Empower Texans. The RLC could be that organization, but unfortunately it seems to offer little more than a bad website (actually, two bad websites) and irrelevent endorsements. But I wanted to see if others here had the same view.

I still think liberty candidates would be well served by an organization/PAC under which we could organize, raise funds, and promote the liberty agenda ... perhaps our own version of Empower Texans. The RLC could be that organization, but unfortunately it seems to offer little more than a bad website (actually, two bad websites) and irrelevent endorsements. But I wanted to see if others here had the same view.
    AMEN!
    But as far as pacs go, The Accountability First PAC is helping us BIG time.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

~Resident Badgiraffe

money is is best spent given directly to the candidates. I agree with your sentiment, it'd be nice to have a central source of who's good and who's bad.

I don't really know how I'll connect with Simpson or Stickland either. It kinda sucks since it seems like Sugar Land and a few other areas encompassed in Fort Bend County doesn't really have that many liberty-minded Republicans.
    Get in contact with Chris Howe, he's friend with Heather Fazio. Shes with the MPP right now, since your in the Houston area check out the "Liberty on the rocks" group in Houston. Jeremy Blosser, he's helping TJs campaign contact him about getting involved and who to talk to

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the Libertarian Party would stop acting like babies and get on board, this could actually work. I want to do something like FreedomWorks. I think the only problem is a lot of liberty-minded people really don't have a place in government. A lot of us can promote the message but that doesn't really mean we can spread it to voters and rally people. When I get back home from college I think I'll ask the LP in the Houston ever if they seriously considered coming back to the RP.

Get in contact with Chris Howe, he's friend with Heather Fazio. Shes with the MPP right now, since your in the Houston area check out the "Liberty on the rocks" group in Houston. Jeremy Blosser, he's helping TJs campaign contact him about getting involved and who to talk to
    Thanks!

money is is best spent given directly to the candidates.
    Yes, and in State Legislature races, some of the PAC's give large amounts directly to candidates as well. The Federal races are a different game.

I agree with your sentiment, it'd be nice to have a central source of who's good and who's bad.
    Give Jurgs01 the names of any and all liberty candidates you know of, his site is the best resource on the web for them at this point. I gave him most of the Texas names. But we need a TX group that only focuses an TX candidates, and preferably ranks the candidates in all races.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?36798-jurgs01
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com/home.html
    https://www.facebook.com/candidates4libertydotcom
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Is Dondero still a big part of that group?

I am easily accessible to liberty lovers in Texas =) votestickland@gmail.com is the best initial way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Stickland View Post
    I am easily accessible to liberty lovers in Texas =) votestickland@gmail.com is the best initial way.
    GOD BLESS YOU SIR!
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

HOLY CRAP IS THIS REALLY YOU?

Yes, he has had an account here for a long time. You can scroll through his old posts. This forum helped him get elected, here is his latest post:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...exas-right-now
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yeah it is me =) I don't have time to get on here much anymore. Most nights, when it is real late, I pop over and make sure I am informed!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah it is me =) I don't have time to get on here much anymore. Most nights, when it is real late, I pop over and make sure I am informed!
    I just shed a tear. I am not worthy.

Yes please email Jonathan about who to get in contact with about getting involved.

republican liberty caucus of Texas

Are any of you members of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas? Are they relevent?
    I am. I suppose it depends on where you are. Our caucus does far more than endorsements. We have held events with Ben Swann and tons of elected officials. We have held numerous debate forums with
    Tea Party, establishment and liberty conservatives. We are always planning something. Handing out information at local festivals. The list goes on. I sugguest you join and be active. Your chapter will only be as active as you make it.
    Last edited by Jkl1195; 07-21-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling

www.jointherlc.gop

Houston Republican Liberty Caucus