Thread: The Largest Asset Seizure in US History

The Largest Asset Seizure in US History

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/17...record-terror/

"How on earth could the US government confiscate such an incredible amount of private property?

It is because they said the magic word.

All they have to do is utter the magic word, and any concept of private property rights and due process magically vanishes.

...Take, for example, John McCain, who has arguably given material support to Syrian rebels who have links to Al Qaeda. I highly doubt we will be seeing John McCain's residence and bank accounts seized."

http://www.internationalman.com/arti...the-magic-word
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Bharara said the settlement is an important step toward "completing what will be the largest ever terrorism-related forfeiture and providing a substantial recovery for victims of terrorism."

"From the very beginning of this case," Bharara said in a release, "this office sought to dismantle Iran's slice of Manhattan — an office tower on Fifth Avenue — both to end Iran's illegal sanctions-violation and money-laundering schemes and to provide a means of compensating victims of Iranian-sponsored terrorism."

Besides Sept. 11 victims, the settling creditors include families and estates of victims of the 1983 terrorist bombings of U.S. Marine Barracks in Beirut, the 1996 terrorist bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia and terrorist attacks in Israel and elsewhere.
    So, a little of this money will stay in Manhattan and the rest will be given to Saudi Arabia and Israel?

Well alrightey then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, a little of this money will stay in Manhattan and the rest will be given to Saudi Arabia and Israel?

Well alrightey then.
    lol, yeah brilliant.

Lets prevent terrorism by giving the "terrorist" money to a nation that has some of the highest amounts of terrorists within its own borders, Saudi Arabia.

US says forfeiture over Iran assets in New York, elsewhere will be record terror-related deal

NEW YORK – A federal judge has approved plans to sell a 36-story Manhattan office building and other properties owned by Iran nationwide in what will be the largest terrorism-related forfeiture ever, a prosecutor said Thursday.

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said Judge Katherine Forrest approved the deal between the U.S. government and 19 holders of more than $5 billion in terrorism-related judgments against the government of Iran, including claims brought by the estates of victims killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The deal calls for the Manhattan building and other forfeited assets to be sold by the U.S. Marshals Service, with the U.S. government receiving reimbursement for litigation expenses and any costs of the sales before the rest is distributed to victims of terrorist attacks. The agreement stems from a 2008 lawsuit by the government against the building's owners.

Bharara said the settlement is an important step toward "completing what will be the largest ever terrorism-related forfeiture and providing a substantial recovery for victims of terrorism."

"From the very beginning of this case," Bharara said in a release, "this office sought to dismantle Iran's slice of Manhattan — an office tower on Fifth Avenue — both to end Iran's illegal sanctions-violation and money-laundering schemes and to provide a means of compensating victims of Iranian-sponsored terrorism."

Besides Sept. 11 victims, the settling creditors include families and estates of victims of the 1983 terrorist bombings of U.S. Marine Barracks in Beirut, the 1996 terrorist bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia and terrorist attacks in Israel and elsewhere.

The government said buildings also will be sold in Queens and in Houston, Carmichael, Calif., Catharpin, Va., and Rockville, Md.

Prosecutors said funds will be drawn from bank accounts formerly in the name of entities that served as fronts for the Iranian government. The properties' estimated total worth wasn't provided Thursday.

The judge ruled last September that the Manhattan office tower was subject to forfeiture because revenue from it was secretly funneled to a state-owned Iranian bank in violation of a U.S. trade embargo.

The U.S. government had said the Alavi Foundation's sole partner in the ownership of the Manhattan building was a shell company fronting for a secret interest held by the state-owned bank of Iran, Bank Melli. The Iranian government has been designated by the U.S. as a sponsor of international terrorism, an allegation it has repeatedly denied.

The judge agreed that monetary transfers by the shell company, Assa Co., to Bank Melli violated money laundering statutes.

"There is substantial, un-contradicted evidence that Assa is owned and controlled by Bank Melli and that Bank Melli is wholly owned and controlled by Iran," the judge said.

Lawyers for Alavi and Assa did not immediately return messages for comment Thursday. They said in September that they planned to appeal.
    So the government of Iran has been ordered to pay 9/11 victims?

How about that.

They should do what the United States does every time a settlement for their participation in terrorism plots is ruled against them. That is, tell those who want paid to $#@! off.

The United States government still owes a few different governments a few tens of millions a piece.

ETA: More at link.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-19-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Libya is a prefect example if you want to see Robbery aka (Seizing/Freezing Assets) under the false declaration of Crimes against Humanity, Terrorist Blah Blah, and of course, which was actual funded/fomented by the very government(s) and robber barons that stole and killed for gain/control of such assets in the first place.

Government is good at 3 things; Lying, Stealing, and Killing
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-19-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

How about that.
    And the money taken from Iran, which had basically nothing to do with 9/11, is being given to Saudi Arabia, which had quite a great deal to do with 9/11--from nineteen of the hijackers to the alleged ringleader and mastermind.

Yeah, how about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I'm not able to contort my neck and head enough to even fathom a premise for this.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I'm not able to contort my neck and head enough to even fathom a premise for this.
    You're just not looking at it right.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this topic would be more entertaining if you got rid of the last 2 letters of asset
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Here is a picture of the building that was seized

"Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Libya is a prefect example if you want to see Robbery aka (Seizing/Freezing Assets) under the false declaration of Crimes against Humanity, which was actual funded/fomented by the very government robber barons that stole and killed for gain/control of such assets.
    Yep. Came close to happening in Ukraine too.

LibForestPaul

Constitution, laws, legality, all just pieces of paper for the power elite.

And boobus will cheer.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

How about that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And the money taken from Iran, which had basically nothing to do with 9/11, is being given to Saudi Arabia, which had quite a great deal to do with 9/11--from nineteen of the hijackers to the alleged ringleader and mastermind.

Yeah, how about that.
    Insane. There is no defense for this miscarriage of "just-us".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.