Thread: Bill O'Reilly Passed On The Chance To Be The Marlboro Man In The 70s

Bill O'Reilly Passed On The Chance To Be The Marlboro Man In The 70s

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...y-marlboro-man

Quote Originally Posted by TPM
    Fox Host Bill O'Reilly on Wednesday claimed that he could have been the Marlboro Man.

"While I was covering the News in Denver, I was approached by a modeling agency to be the Marlboro guy dressed as a cowboy," he said on the "O'Reilly Factor" while lamenting the lack of a public health campaign warning about the dangers of weed.

He lauded the U.S. government's campaign against smoking tobacco, but said that the U.S. has taken the opposite approach to pot.

"Smoking marijuana is quite the opposite. That’s on the rise, as pot use is considered cool in many circles, and above all it is political correct," he said.

He then claimed that "smoking pot hurts the brain," referencing a new study published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience. The study found that marijuana use can cause abnormalities in certain parts of the brain.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "While I was covering the News in Denver, I was approached by a modeling agency to be the Marlboro guy dressed as a cowboy," he said on the "O'Reilly Factor" while lamenting the lack of a public health campaign warning about the dangers of weed.
    What?

My Great Uncle was a Camel man, he was a very handsome (and a very sweet) man.

What a conceited $#@!!

Thinking that government or it's propaganda arm can influence social trends.

Does this moron honestly think that because two states relaxed their weed laws that use has increased?

Being above board only means easier to track, nothing more...

UPGRADE?!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He then claimed that "smoking pot hurts the brain," referencing a new study published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience. The study found that marijuana use can cause abnormalities in certain parts of the brain.
    Bill O'Really hurts the brain. (When is the Journal of Neuroscience gonna do a study on that phenomenon?)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I have to say BO is full of **it. Knowing a bit of the history of this family and one of his sons, meet the real Marlboro man:
    http://www.thefencepost.com/article/...NEWS/110719990