Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA Deputy Serving Eviction Notice Shoots Himself in the Leg While Trying to Shoot Dog

I was arguing with my dad about police officers killing dogs. His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance. My argument was the governments propensity for incrementalism and taking a mile when you give them an inch, so when it is ok to kill dogs for no reason then it only takes a little more bending of morality for that dog to become a human in the officers eyes. Not to mention the destruction of property in the vain of officer safety.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    I was arguing with my dad about police officers killing dogs. His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance. My argument was the governments propensity for incrementalism and taking a mile when you give them an inch, so when it is ok to kill dogs for no reason then it only takes a little more bending of morality for that dog to become a human in the officers eyes. Not to mention the destruction of property in the vain of officer safety.
    We don't need no stinkin' chirren distracting law ossifers on de job serving jaywalking warrants BLAM BLAM BLAM!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not as dangerous for the cop, as it is for any living being that might come across the cop's path. A cop pulls over a motorist. Whose life is in more peril? The guy who you know has a gun, a vest, a radio and aggressive tactics or the guy who is late for church? Yeah, maybe the next guy isn't going to chuch, maybe he just got done robbing a bank and is armed, so what. The majority of the time it ain't the cop, whose life is in danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

My argument is defense is no excuse when you're INVADING somebody's home. What the $#@! is wrong with these police officers? "I trespassed on somebody's property unannounced and his dog is barking at me, so I shot the dog in self-defense."
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance.
    When I was a firefighter, I went into burning buildings, helped at car accident scenes with drunks and car fires, dealt with distraught people dealing with tragedy and had dogs bark at me. NEVER did my instinct tell me to shoot the dog.

And this isn't just emergency workers. Lots of people deal with dangerous situations every day and don't need to shoot, taze, torture, people, dogs, rabbits (or whatever threatens them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Is this the same story as the other thread about a cop shooting himself while attempting to kill a dog or is this a seperate incident? I can't find that thread.
    yep same dog- merged threads

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    yep same dog- merged threads
    Dang. I wish two dogs had survived.

I really, really wish I could have seen that shooting. I would have laughed until I p*ssed myself.

I hope the dog is rewarded with a big juicy steak.

And if I were the dog's owner, I would be tempted to send the cop a get well card featuring:

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, so sign up that lucky dog (before midnight tomorrow) as the officers leg therapy proceeds.

http://www.wagsforhope.org/

Maybe they can become friends?

Don't give the cop too much wiggle room though, so make sure that rehab center has metal detectors and an "absolutely NO GUNS allowed" policy!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Don't give the cop too much wiggle room though, so make sure that rehab center has metal detectors and an "absolutely NO GUNS allowed" policy!
    That idiot shouldn't be carrying a gun. Not just for his safety, but society's (2 and 4 legged) safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12