Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Prisoners Sterilized To Cut Welfare Costs In California

Women Prisoners Sterilized To Cut Welfare Costs In California

http://tellmenow.com/2014/04/women-p...in-california/

Well, this is a story I never thought I’d be reading.

In California of all places, prison doctors have sterilized over 150 women. Why? They don’t want to have to provide welfare funding for any children they may have in the future.

The sterilization procedures cost California taxpayers $147,460 between 1997 and 2010. The doctors at the prison argue it is money well-spent.

Dr. James Heinrich, an OB-GYN at Valley State Prison for Women, said, “Over a 10-year period, that isn’t a huge amount of money compared to what you save in welfare paying for these unwanted children – as they procreated more.”

Although such procedures may seem harsh, they are not illegal. The Supreme Court ruled in 1927 that women can be forcibly sterilized in jail in Buck vs Bell. Writing for the majority, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. said, “Three generations of imbeciles are enough.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Government eugenics. Nothing new under the sun.

This is especially wrong given the drug war and false convictions. I am curious why they don't sterilize the men as well, not that I'd approve of that either.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    This is especially wrong given the drug war and false convictions. I am curious why they don't sterilize the men as well, not that I'd approve of that either.
    yeah. If they didn't have felony records for victimless "crimes," they could get jobs easier.

I will hopefully be opening my halfway house for these wayward women soon. Chip-ins appreciated.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I will hopefully be opening my halfway house for these wayward women soon. Chip-ins appreciated.
    I would expect no less you. Always putting others first.

Not intentionally malevolent.

I am flabbergasted. Is this one of those prank hoax articles? How is this any more "Constitutional" than slavery once was? How is this not "cruel and unusual?"
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-17-2014 at 08:35 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I am flabbergasted. Is this one of those prank hoax articles? How is this any more "Constitutional" than slavery once was? How is this not "cruel and unusual?"
    Nope, real...and so is the SCROTUS ruling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell

And look at this gem from Oliver Holmes writing for the 8-1 majority ruling in favor of the forced sterilization of Carrie Buck.

We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, to prevent our being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind.

The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes.
    Compulsory vaxxers are eugenicists.

Don't read the comments.

Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Don't read the comments.

Don't.
    Too late for me but...yeah...what the Anti-Federalist said...

So....instead of saving the state money by not allowing former convicts to go on the dole, they sterilize.

Yeah, that's eugenics. It's also not a reasonable option because it's possible these women may have been better off not going on welfare, which would have motivated them to take care of themselves and any subsequent offspring.

I was unaware of this ruling, and it's ramifications and the fact that it has never been reversed.

The effect of Buck v. Bell was to legitimize eugenic sterilization laws in the United States as a whole. While many states already had sterilization laws on their books, their use was erratic and effects practically non-existent in every state except for California. After Buck v. Bell, dozens of states added new sterilization statutes, or updated their constitutionally non-functional ones already enacted, with statutes which more closely mirrored the Virginia statute upheld by the Court.[11]

The Virginia statute which the ruling of Buck v. Bell supported was designed in part by the eugenicist Harry H. Laughlin, superintendent of Charles Benedict Davenport's Eugenics Record Office in Cold Spring Harbor, New York. Laughlin had, a few years previously, conducted a number of studies on the enforcement of sterilization legislation throughout the country and had concluded that the reason for their lack of use was primarily that the physicians who would order the sterilizations were afraid of prosecution by patients whom they operated upon. Laughlin saw the need to create a "Model Law"[12] which could withstand a test of constitutional scrutiny, clearing the way for future sterilization operations.

Adolf Hitler closely modeled his Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring on Laughlin's "Model Law". The Third Reich held Laughlin in such regard that they arranged for him to receive an honorary doctorate from Heidelberg University in 1936.

At the Nuremberg trials after World War II, Nazi doctors explicitly cited Holmes's opinion in Buck v. Bell as part of their defense.

I move that this thread be stickied. It's fascinating and depressing at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Adolf Hitler closely modeled his Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring on Laughlin's "Model Law". The Third Reich held Laughlin in such regard that they arranged for him to receive an honorary doctorate from Heidelberg University in 1936.

At the Nuremberg trials after World War II, Nazi doctors explicitly cited Holmes's opinion in Buck v. Bell as part of their defense.
    The Nazis also used the US government's policies regarding American Indians as a "template" for their own systematic efforts at genocide. In fact, their infamous phrasing of "the final solution to the Jewish question" was inspired by General Sherman's reference to "the final solution of our Indian problem" (with the "solution" in both cases being "extermination").

Things like this and Buck v. Bell just go to show that the Nazis were merely planting in a field the US government had already tilled.

But yay, us! USA! USA! 'Merica. *belch*
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-18-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Sterilizing politicians and government employees might do some good...

Let's try that first....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Aw geeze Donnay...

Here I was enjoying this fantasy about emasculating kops,DA's judges and politicians....

From another source, with a link to the report it is based on.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1392816

This is hard to believe.They do not need to do this .Just eliminate welfare .Everybody wins .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This is hard to believe.
    Aye, truly it is. And yet...

I was unaware of this ruling, and it's ramifications and the fact that it has never been reversed.

The effect of Buck v. Bell was to legitimize eugenic sterilization laws in the United States as a whole. While many states already had sterilization laws on their books, their use was erratic and effects practically non-existent in every state except for California. After Buck v. Bell, dozens of states added new sterilization statutes, or updated their constitutionally non-functional ones already enacted, with statutes which more closely mirrored the Virginia statute upheld by the Court.[11]

The Virginia statute which the ruling of Buck v. Bell supported was designed in part by the eugenicist Harry H. Laughlin, superintendent of Charles Benedict Davenport's Eugenics Record Office in Cold Spring Harbor, New York. Laughlin had, a few years previously, conducted a number of studies on the enforcement of sterilization legislation throughout the country and had concluded that the reason for their lack of use was primarily that the physicians who would order the sterilizations were afraid of prosecution by patients whom they operated upon. Laughlin saw the need to create a "Model Law"[12] which could withstand a test of constitutional scrutiny, clearing the way for future sterilization operations.

Now, just imagine going back all the way to the beginning, all the satanic crap we have in common law and US Code. Just waiting for someone evil enough to step up and use it.

Surely it is, but it doesn't count, because it's legal. So there.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Disgusting. Shouldn't be surprised California passed it. Progressives support eugenics. They just quieted down after World War II.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shocked and outraged. I'm literally speechless.

This, this might be the most horrific thing I've read in a long, long time (if not ever).
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 04-28-2014 at 11:13 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    This, this might be the most horrific thing I've read in a long, long time (if not ever).
    This sounds like a Double Dog Dare. They're just getting warmed up.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Don't read the comments.

Don't.
    Thanks, I won't.
    "The Patriarch"

Coming soon;

3 months behind on your childsupport?

Jail and a vasectomy!

I wish more woman were sterile.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Shocked and outraged. I'm literally speechless.

It's nothing new. People are $#@!ed up.

The opinions in and details of Buck v. Bell is something you'd do yourself a favor not to read but something that everyone should know.

I made a thread on it a little while ago.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...37-Buck-v-Bell
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast