Thread: Nebraska School Gives Most Idiotic Advice Ever to Deal with Bullies

Nebraska School Gives Most Idiotic Advice Ever to Deal with Bullies

From the way schools treat victims of bullies, not sure why they'd apologize. It does seem to be what schools expect, no matter what the new flyer says.

Autoplay vid at the link: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...t-out-bullies/

Look at that. Don't get mad, appreciate the bullies since they're just trying to help, bullies are not your enemies so stop being such a coward, don't defend yourself either physically or verbally, don't tell on them after they've abused you, and join in the fun and put your loser self down too.

“I was horrified,” Mehlin said. “I called the school and said, ‘Is this for real or is this kind of an Internet thing?’ They said, ‘This is for real. We sent this out.’”

When he called the district office, however, administrators said they’d never heard of it. So believes it may have originated with just one educator, Mehlin said.

The district has since issued an apology, explaining in a public statement on its Facebook page that the flier contained “inaccurate information.”

“The flier was sent home with good intentions, unfortunately, it contained advice that did not accurately reflect LPS best practices regarding response to bullying incidents,” a letter that went home to parents reads.
    Mm hm.

https://www.facebook.com/lincolnpublicschools

Our educators at Zeman Elementary School work hard to provide accurate and appropriate lessons and education for our students in how to handle bullying situations. The flyer was sent home with good intentions, unfortunately, it contained advice that did not accurately reflect LPS best practices regarding response to bullying incidents.

We encourage all students and parents to continue to communicate with our staff if you have any questions or concerns about bullying situations.

We apologize for any problems or confusion this has caused for students and families. We have added a link to our webpage where you will find “The Facts About Bullying,” which contains our best advice for parents: http://isite.lps.org/bfitz/site_asse...utBullying.pdf
    hxxp://jezebel.com/nebraska-school-gives-most-idiotic-advice-ever-to-deal-1564016234

Some parents (unsurprisingly) are completely unsatisfied with this response written by a public information officer probably making six figures a year to cover the school's ass. Parents chimed in to remind the school that a Facebook post which requires the same effort as me telling people I got new lawn chairs isn't really good enough:

Ok so parents got a letter. Good start, but not the most important aspect of this! My question is: What have the students who were given bad information been told? Have they all been instructed that this was bad information and been given good information? Or is that being left to the parents?
    Yes, this is the only time when the phrase "what about the children?" isn't actually all that eye-roll inducing. The district responded to parents on Facebook, stating that teachers and counselors will be addressing the issue in the future.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like great advice......if your goal is to teach people to be obedient, subservient little slaves.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Rule #9 contains this gem:

"I've know that for a long time."

Training the students for a lifetime of being bullied by the government.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

"Submit, Slaves!!!"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post

"If you think I'm ugly, you should see my sister."
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I was pointing out the typo....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was pointing out the typo....
    Who says it's a typo? The whole thing is so full of stupid I'm surprised there aren't a dozen Spellcheck double entendres in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Was this written by the same guy that wrote the Airforce Sexual Assault brochure?

Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

I remember when I was a kid going out of my way to avoid bullies.

The ones that stick out in my mind were mostly territorial. They would have some public place staked out figuring they lived near by so it was theirs. There were also MY bigger brothers and other neighbors bigger brothers that would run some sort of threats.

Anyway I finally got to a point where I'd had all I could take and I let one of them have it. I can't remember if I won that battle but something happened. I survived!

Then I made the rounds hunting down every one of the ones that had been giving me a hard time and confronted them with it, ready to fight! I'm thinking very few wanted too.

I guess we must have reached some sort of understanding. I don't remember having much trouble after that.

Of course I sort of wonder now if it isn't time to again make the rounds.

We have a choice of fight or flight. Both have there places. The rules listed above sound like good advice to me on the most part and for most circumstances. Then again we need to be honest with each other if we're going to set some boundaries we can live with.

Minimally, this demonstrates that whoever was responsible for authoring the flyer is sufficiently inept to warrant dismissal.The same for those who authorized it. If their explanations are truthful, nobody involved should retain their job. If they are lying to cover their asses, they should be dismissed on that basis.No matter how you slice it, those involved should be introduced to their unemployment insurance.The most telling bit here is that parents have apparently not made these demands.
    Last edited by osan; 04-19-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I came across this the other day and saved it in with some other keepers. I think it fits here;

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act!!

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)