Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolton: Reagan Wouldn't Be Comfortable With Rand Paul Praising Him

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Bolton: Reagan Wouldn't Be Comfortable With Rand Paul Praising Him

I think Daddy Ron needs to jump in here and correct Bolton.

http://therightscoop.com/john-bolton...ul-praise-him/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks comfortable enough to me...
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

John Bolton is a taint stain.

Before we pull out all the pics of a smiling Ron Paul campaigning with candidate Reagan, let's not forget that it was disappointment with President Reagan's policies that pushed Ron out of the GOP for awhile:

As a lifelong Republican, it saddens me to have to write this letter. My parents believed in the Republican Party and its free enterprise philosophy, and that's the way I was brought up.

At age 21, in 1956, I cast my first vote for Ike and the entire Republican slate.

Because of frustration with the direction in which the country was going, I became a political activist and ran for the U.S. Congress in 1974. Even with Watergate, my loyalty, optimism, and hope for the future were tied to the Republican Party and its message of free enterprise, limited government, and balanced budgets.

Eventually I was elected to the U.S. Congress four times as a Republican. This permitted me a first-hand look at the interworkings of the U.S. Congress, seeing both the benefits and partisan frustrations that guide its shaky proceedings. I found that although representative government still exists, special interest control of the legislative process clearly presents a danger to our constitutional system of government.

In 1976 I was impressed with Ronald Reagan's program and was one of the four members of Congress who endorsed his candidacy. In 1980, unlike other Republican office holders in Texas, I again supported our President in his efforts.

Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the Republican Party's efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt. How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together? Tip O'Neill, although part of the problem, cannot alone be blamed.

Tax revenues are up 59 percent since 1980. Because of our economic growth? No. During Carter's four years, we had growth of 37.2 percent; Reagan's five years have given us 30.7 percent. The new revenues are due to four giant Republican tax increases since 1981.

All republicans rightly chastised Carter for his $38 billion deficit. But they ignore or even defend deficits of $220 billion, as government spending has grown 10.4 percent per year since Reagan took office, while the federal payroll has zoomed by a quarter of a million bureaucrats.

Despite the Supply-Sider-Keynesian claim that "deficits don't matter," the debt presents a grave threat to our country. Thanks to the President and Republican Party, we have lost the chance to reduce the deficit and the spending in a non-crisis fashion. Even worse, big government has been legitimized in a way the Democrats never could have accomplished. It was tragic to listen to Ronald Reagan on the 1986 campaign trail bragging about his high spending on farm subsidies, welfare, warfare, etc., in his futile effort to hold on to control of the Senate.

Instead of cutting some of the immeasurable waste in the Department of Defense, it has gotten worse, with the inevitable result that we are less secure today. Reagan's foreign aid expenditures exceed Eisenhower's, Kennedy's, Johnson's, Nixon's, Ford's, and Carter's put together. Foreign intervention has exploded since 1980. Only an end to military welfare for foreign governments plus a curtailment of our unconstitutional commitments abroad will enable us really to defend ourselves and solve our financial problems.

Amidst the failure of the Gramm-Rudman gimmick, we hear the President and the Republican Party call for a balanced-budget ammendment and a line-item veto. This is only a smokescreen. President Reagan, as governor of California, had a line-item veto and virtually never used it. As President he has failed to exercise his constitutional responsibility to veto spending. Instead, he has encouraged it.

Monetary policy has been disastrous as well. The five Reagan appointees to the Federal Reserve Board have advocated even faster monetary inflation than Chairman Volcker, and this is the fourth straight year of double-digit increases. The chickens have yet to come home to roost, but they will, and America will suffer from a Reaganomics that is nothing but warmed-over Keynesianism.

Candidate Reagan in 1980 correctly opposed draft registration. Yet when he had the chance to abolish it, he reneged, as he did on his pledge to abolish the Departments of Education and Energy, or to work against abortion.

Under the guise of attacking drug use and money laundering, the Republican Administration has systematically attacked personal and financial privacy. The effect has been to victimize innocent Americans who wish to conduct their private lives without government snooping. (Should people really be put on a suspected drug dealer list because they transfer $3,000 at one time?) Reagan's urine testing of Americans without probable cause is a clear violation of our civil liberties, as are his proposals for extensive "lie detector" tests.

Under Reagan, the IRS has grown bigger, richer, more powerful, and more arrogant. In the words of the founders of our country, our government has "sent hither swarms" of tax gatherers "to harass our people and eat out their substance." His officers jailed the innocent George Hansen, with the President refusing to pardon a great American whose only crime was to defend the Constitution. Reagan's new tax "reform" gives even more power to the IRS. Far from making taxes fairer or simpler, it deceitfully raises more revenue for the government to waste.

Knowing this administration's record, I wasn't surprised by its Libyan disinformation campaign, Israeli-Iranian arms-for-hostages swap, or illegal funding of the Contras. All this has contributed to my disenchantment with the Republican Party, and helped me make up my mind.

I want to totally disassociate myself from the policies that have given us unprecedented deficits, massive monetary inflation, indiscriminate military spending, an irrational and unconstitutional foreign policy, zooming foreign aid, the exaltation of international banking, and the attack on our personal liberties and privacy.

After years of trying to work through the Republican Party both in and out of government, I have reluctantly concluded that my efforts must be carried on outside the Republican Party. Republicans know that the Democratic agenda is dangerous to our political and economic health. Yet, in the past six years Republicans have expanded its worst aspects and called them our own. The Republican Party has not reduced the size of government. It has become big government's best friend.

If Ronald Reagan couldn't or wouldn't balance the budget, which Republican leader on the horizon can we possibly expect to do so? There is no credibility left for the Republican Party as a force to reduce the size of government. That is the message of the Reagan years.

I conclude that one must look to other avenues if a successful effort is ever to be achieved in reversing America's direction.

I therefore resign my membership in the Republican Party and enclose my membership card.
    http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ron_Pa...ter_to_the_RNC

I wish it wasn't necessary for any and all GOP candidates to kiss the ring of Ronald Reagan in order to stand a chance. Reagan has enjoyed the most favorable whitewash of any president. Not sure how any serious small-government candidate can embrace Reagan with a straight face.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 04-17-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Reagan wouldn't be comfortable with Bolton's mustache and him declaring what Reagan would or would not be comfortable with.

Name:  a_560x375.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  58.2 KB
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Of course Reagan wouldn't be comfortable, he's dead. DUH!

Does Bolton now have a direct line to the dead?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Before we pull out all the pics of a smiling Ron Paul campaigning with candidate Reagan, let's not forget that it was disappointment with President Reagan's policies that pushed Ron out of the GOP for awhile:
    Or let's be productive by building bridges instead of trying to break them down..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michael Bolton seems to find Reagan useful, now that he can't speak for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Or let's be productive by building bridges instead of trying to break them down..
    Before you build a bridge, you'd better be sure it leads where you want to go.

bolton is a traitor

try him
    and
    hang him
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The thing about Reagan is that you can pretty much pick any position you want and find some point in his presidency where he supported it. Part of that is GOP pride, and part of that is because he evolved as his terms progressed.

Reading his memoir softened me quite a bit to him, because he admits to having made mistakes and points out things he would have done differently.

Bolton is in love with the California blue-dog Democrat Reagan, while those of us who, despite his many and admitted failures, still admire the accomplishments he made are thinking of the 2nd term Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Michael Bolton seems to find Reagan useful, now that he can't speak for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post

LMAO!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

But you already know that cajuncocoa is interested only in being disagreeable.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    But you already know that cajuncocoa is interested only in being disagreeable.
    Because I'm the only one in this thread who disagrees with you and compromise, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Because I'm the only one in this thread who disagrees with you and compromise, right?

No, because you said something that doesn't even need to be said, just to be disagreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    No, because you said something that doesn't even need to be said, just to be disagreeable.
    Who died and left you to determine what "needs" to be said?

cajuncocoa, I love you, but you're not seriously disagreeing with the idea that you're disagreeable, are you? I mean come on, let's be honest here. You are basically the cattiest bitch I have ever seen on the internet.

#realtalk

Quote Originally Posted by menciusmoldbug View Post
    cajuncocoa, I love you, but you're not seriously disagreeing with the idea that you're disagreeable, are you? I mean come on, let's be honest here. You are basically the cattiest bitch I have ever seen on the internet.

#realtalk
    Of course not!

I take that as a compliment.

Bolton and King seem to be under the impression that there are regular people who care what they say.

Damn it looks like Ron was really hurt when Reagan flipped. You can feel his pain. Rand never really said anything about Reagan's policies. He usually mentions things Reagan says. It's like when Rand endorsed Romney. He didn't talk about any of his policies.
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 04-17-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Damn it looks like Ron was really hurt when Reagan flipped. You can feel his pain. Rand never really said anything about Reagan's policies. He usually mentions things Reagan says. It's like when Rand endorsed Romney. He didn't talk about any of his policies.
    I understand that. I felt the same way....Reagan's words were completely at odds with the way he governed.

Of course, it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I learned the connection between Hinckley (Reagan's would-be assassin) and the Bush family. I suspect Reagan was threatened.

Mod note: Some posts after here were split to a new thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-split-thread

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Conservatives on Facebook are spreading this around.

Any suggestions on quick responses I can use to bring them down a notch?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

POTUS Ronald Reagan in his second term did not have the vigor and health he did when campaigning in 1980 even though he still could
    be very charming. The White House staff, veep & cabinet covered up his memory issues that may have stemmed from his Alzheimer's,
    he had an ongoing increasing problem with his memory to the degree where he forgot all Ollie North told him and was not lying that day.

seriously, poor Woodrow Wilson after his stroke in 1919 was more hands on than
    Ronnie Reagan was in his second term. The H.W had a degree of control equal to
    that of Richard Cheney when under the "W" but not for the same set of reasons...

Nancy Reagan's daily decisions clearly impacted the office of the presidency, as
    did Mrs. Wilson's or even Eleanor from time to time when Franklin was tired.
    i'm not saying term two was worse in an abysmal way but the tone was different.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

If all else fails, try mockery:

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Are they saying anything with it? Or, just sharing a link? Context of how they're taking it would help.

AND, FWIW, it does look like Bolton might be considering a 2016 run, as he apparently did in 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast