Thread: Billboard Wars in Tallahassee: Succeed or Secede?

Billboard Wars in Tallahassee: Succeed or Secede?

By: KEVIN DERBY | Posted: April 17, 2014

On Wednesday, Florida business and higher education leaders highlighted a new billboard in Tallahassee reading “Succeed Florida!” in opposition to a billboard launched by the League of the South earlier this year urging the Sunshine State to secede from the United States. The League of the South’s billboard is scheduled to come down this week.

The new billboard is being backed by the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF). The two groups teamed up on Wednesday to showcase a video on the new billboard.

“There are some who would like to see Florida fail, and even break away from the rest of the country,” said Mark Wilson, the president and CEO of the Florida Chamber. “At the Florida Chamber, we share their frustration with Washington, D.C., but seceding is not the answer.
    cont...http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...ceed-or-secede
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Secession is a good thing. All Yankees should be deported from the Free Republic of Florida too. New Yorkers keep coming down and trying to turn Florida into new New York.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Secession is a good thing. All Yankees should be deported from the Free Republic of Florida too. New Yorkers keep coming down and trying to turn Florida into new New York.
    But, but, "a world without borders....".
    "The Patriarch"

The new billboard is being backed by the Florida Chamber of Commerce [...]
    When the Chamber of Commerce kisses the Establishment's ass, do they slip it any tongue? Just wondering ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    When the Chamber of Commerce kisses the Establishment's ass, do they slip it any tongue? Just wondering ...
    Ewwww....
    "The Patriarch"

The ones who came down and stayed are referred to as "Damn Yankees".

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ewwww....
    What can I say? Statism in action is some ugly & perverted stuff ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-17-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Cmon lets not generalize here...Im a New Yorker and I would love for any state to secede (and succeed, why are they mutually exclusive?) including Florida.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And a lot of southerners come up to Florida to $#@! it up as well.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Damn furreners ("foreigners" as yankees say)...always comin' and messin' up teh place...they do the same thing in the southwest. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post
    The ones who came down and stayed are referred to as "Damn Yankees".
    As compared to God Damn Yankees...

Those are the ones who come down, stay, and then never shut up about how great things were in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Cmon lets not generalize here...Im a New Yorker and I would love for any state to secede (and succeed, why are they mutually exclusive?) including Florida.
    I will generalize if I want to! I do what I want! You can't tell me what to do. You're not even my real dad! Ohhhh....ummm....errr....yeah all that.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Florida just needs to secede. And North and South Florida should be two independent countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As compared to God Damn Yankees...

Those are the ones who come down, stay, and then never shut up about how great things were in New York.
    Funny thing is, if New York is so great...why do they even leave?!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Per the article....The League of the South has
    drawn fire in its two decades of
    existence and has been classified
    as a hate group by the liberal
    Southern Poverty Law Center.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi