Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Institute calls Students for Liberty neocons

Lightbulb Ron Paul Institute calls Students for Liberty neocons

Last edited by jct74; 04-18-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neocon Watch readers may remember Eglė Markevičiūtė. She is the Lithuanian member of the International Executive Board of the Students for Liberty (SFL) who co-wrote, with SFL president Alexander McCobin, an embarrassingly error-riddled attack on Ron Paul over his opposition to US intervention in Ukraine. She is also part of the Young Voices network, which has been recognized for its work by the National Endowment for Democracy, the US government funded regime change organization.

Well Markevičiūtė is back and the mask has dropped. In a recent Daily Caller article, titled, appropriately enough, "Military intervention is the only solution to Russia’s aggression," she calls for the US to launch a pre-emptive war against Russia. She is sick of the US refusal to fight Ukraine's battles and her own. "The Western world’s lack of military action only encourages Putin’s regime," she pouts, channeling her inner Jennifer Rubin.
    some of the article

I swear, you're just trolling now.

Not only is that simply an unknown link, the headline is indecipherable as well.

The SFL is run by the Koch brothers, who are trying their best to take steal some of the youth from YAL. We already covered that here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-About-Crimea

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    The SFL is run by the Koch brothers, who are trying their best to take steal some of the youth from YAL. We already covered that here:

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-17-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Not only is that simply an unknown link, the headline is indecipherable as well.
    Is that trolling or spamming?

I know it's one or the other...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I had posted the Koch funding numbers around here some place as well for SFL. I'm not looking for it though. Koch is a rather large network of political think tanks. Many of which would march our kids right into battle if it meant that their portfolios were pretty.

Maybe in this list some place. I haven't updated it yet though. Have to get around to doing that, I suppose.
    Why do you keep conveniently leaving off Amash & Massie whenever you post that?
    Last edited by compromise; 04-17-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post

I don't know. Good question. Angela brought that up too and I never messed with it after that anyhow. I didn't really do it on purpose either is the thing. I was working with it and was actually going over their numbers for that cycle. Just delete the post that you quoted me here and I'll delete the one that I posted here initially. bada bing...

I was going to do an updated list anyhow. I just haven't felt like it.

Besides, the group that collins brought up isn't on it either and I thought they were which is why I added here.

I still don't like the Koch networks shenanigans though but that's beside the point, I suppose.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems to be out of date. Bridenstine isn't on it either, but they gave him some for his first campaign a couple of years ago.

Another one of these hairsplitting exercises. Is all of SFL neoconservative? Couldn't be. Are some of the members interventionists that support neoconservative foreign policy? Definitely sounds like there are some like that. Are some of them actual neoconservatives? We'll need more evidence on that. Have any of them been shown to associate with actual neoconservatives?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One group of libertarians calling another group of libertarians neocons is news these days?

He's getting worse about talking in acronyms than the military.

Isn't this the same person who used to lecture us about using accessible, attention-grabbing headlines that draw people into a thread? What happened?

One group of libertarians calling another group of libertarians neocons is news these days?
    Just because they "call" themselves libertarian doesn't mean the are one. A cornerstone of libertarians is non-intervention. Does this quote from a SFL board member qualify as non-intervention?

The prospect of bloodshed doesn’t deter fanatics: it only emboldens. Even ostensible "libertarians" like Eglė Markevičiūtė – board member of “Students for Liberty,” whose leader recently denounced Ron Paul for supporting Crimea’s right to secede – aren’t immune from the prevailing atmosphere of blood-lust. Here she is in the Daily Caller:

"Military intervention is a taboo topic, especially for war-weary Americans in the wake of Iraq and Afghanistan. However, as the free-market Russian economist Andrei Illarionov contends, ‘Putin must be confronted militarily. I do not mean acts of war. But the West should show a military presence in the Black Sea, for example. This is the only way to stop Putin.’

"Limited military presence, such as an increased NATO presence in the Baltic States and Poland or troop deployment in Ukraine, is something that liberty-minded individuals should reconsider as a preventive measure to stop the spread of Putin’s conquests further into Eastern Europe."
    So these "libertarians" want to use our tax money to put OUR troops in Ukraine and you are here of course to defend them as usual. I bet you actually think they are libertarians huh? You know the Republican war-loving wing of libertarians.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...the-acid-test/

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post

SFL isn't run by the Koch brothers. Actually, Koch money flows into both SFL and YAL.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

99.9534333% of people who went into this thread did not know wtf RPIfPP was
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    99.9534333% of people who went into this thread did not know wtf RPIfPP was
    I have to admit I stared at the title for a minute or two, trying to figure out what it was :P
    "There never was a good war or a bad peace." ~ Benjamin Franklin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snew View Post
    I have to admit I stared at the title for a minute or two, trying to figure out what it was :P
    It's a tradition among professional gossip mongers. Just ask JLo.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Isn't this the same person who used to lecture us about using accessible, attention-grabbing headlines that draw people into a thread? What happened?
    He's getting his larfs $#@!ing with us, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    SFL isn't run by the Koch brothers. Actually, Koch money flows into both SFL and YAL.
    Yeah and AIPAC isn't run by Israel because Israel doesn't give them money.

Is that trolling or spamming?

I know it's one or the other...
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

i have no idea what this is all about but that was funny lol

If I had labeled it "The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Calls Students for Liberty Neocons" then the title would have been too long and wouldn't have been readable in the index thread listing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If I had labeled it "The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Calls Students for Liberty Neocons" then the title would have been too long and wouldn't have been readable in the index thread listing.
    Instead the title was too short and wasn't readable at all. Congratulations.

You know, there's a thing called an OP, and you really really can put more stuff in it than just a naked link. Like stuff that won't fit in the thread title. And a synopsis. Maybe even a note about which website we're giving views to if we click your link. You know. Stuff.

RonPaul Inst.4Peace&Prosperity calls Students4Liberty Neocons...short, but still understandable. You would never survive on Twitter.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

(No smilies for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    RonPaul Inst.4Peace&Prosperity calls Students4Liberty Neocons...short, but still understandable. You would never survive on Twitter.
    Or "Ron Paul Institute calls Students for Liberty neocons"
    Or "Ron Paul Institute calls SFL neocons"
    Or "RPI calls Students for Liberty neocons"
    Or "RPI calls SFL neocons"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Or "Ron Paul Institute calls SFL neocons"
    Or "RPI calls Students for Liberty neocons"
    Or "RPI calls SFL neocons"
    I guess all of this is too easy for

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    There now, see, not hard at all.

He's getting his larfs $#@!ing with us, I imagine.
    kinda like spitting onto a sidewalk from a 20 story buliding. The effect is meaningless, but the idea is funny......to only him.

here let me...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    SFL is controlled by the Kochs and YAL by Paul/CFL people. The importance of distinguishing neo-con/'big business' conservative influences is the experience of the '70's to the '90's, where neocons who got appointed to positions of influence anywhere in the conservative media or universe tended to hire or appoint other neocons, then purge or demonize anybody who was a true constitutionalist or fully liberty oriented from those organizations.The Kochs tried to do the same to the LP itself as early as the '80s, but were defeated. SFL is one attempt to hollow out the liberty movement from within, yet again.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 04-18-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast