Thread: Lois Lerner tried to criminally prosecute conservative groups

Lois Lerner tried to criminally prosecute conservative groups

Welcome to USSA, comrades...

JW Obtains IRS Documents Showing Lerner in Contact With DOJ about Potential Prosecution of Tax-Exempt Groups

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released a new batch of internal IRS documents revealing that former IRS official Lois Lerner communicated with the Department of Justice (DOJ) about whether it was possible to criminally prosecute certain tax-exempt entities. The documents were obtained as a result of an October 2013 Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) after the agency refused to respond to four FOIA requests dating back to May 2013.

The newly released IRS documents contain an email exchange between Lerner and Nikole C. Flax, then-Chief of Staff to then-Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller discussing plans to work with the DOJ to prosecute nonprofit groups that “lied” (Lerner’s quotation marks) about political activities. The exchange includes the following:
    More:
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...exempt-groups/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These types of things used to supprise me. They don't any longer. I was watching "The Book Thief" the other night (its about nazi Germany). There really isn't much difference today. Other then they haven't started herding us up yet. You gotta remember it took the Nazi's several years to start herding up the unwanted to.

F, the red and blue ties.

The IRS are modern-day Brownshirts....a politically directed goon squad.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Issa issues press release:

Issa and Jordan on New Documents Discussing Potential Prosecution of Tax Exempt Groups
    April 16, 2014

WASHINGTON – House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation and Regulatory Affairs Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) today released the following statements in response to the release of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents showing former IRS official Lois Lerner in contact with the Justice Department about potential prosecution of tax-exempt groups:

“The release of new documents underscores the political nature of IRS Tea Party targeting and the extent to which supposed apolitical officials took direction from elected Democrats,” said Chairman Issa. “These e-mails are part of an overwhelming body of evidence that political pressure from prominent Democrats led to the targeting of Americans for their political beliefs.”

“Now I see why the IRS is scared to give up the rest of Lois Lerner’s emails,” said Chairman Jordan. “Not only do these e-mails further prove the coordination among the IRS, the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the Justice Department and committee Democrats to target conservatives, they also show that had our committee not requested the Inspector General’s investigation when we did, Eric Holder’s politicized Justice Department would likely have been leveling trumped up criminal charges against Tea Party groups to intimidate them from exercising their Constitutional rights.”
    http://oversight.house.gov/release/i...exempt-groups/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Just so we're clear here. Nixon resigned because he told someone to break into the opposing political office and steal some stuff. Then lied about it. Why F is Obama still in office. This coverup is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Just so we're clear here. Nixon resigned because he told someone to break into the opposing political office and steal some stuff. Then lied about it. Why F is Obama still in office. This coverup is disgraceful.
    I've frequently told people that Nixon was a $#@!ing saint compared to the demons from Hell that we have now.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Another way of targeting was just slowing down approval process. The denomination of the church I attend has a group under their ministry to the military that goes around having retreats, etc. with church youth groups. Unfortunately, they chose to have the word "freedom" in the group's name. It took over two years to be approved...just took that word in the title to set the warning sensors off. So if you're starting a group to help military people or their children, pets, etc., don't have words like freedom or liberty in your group's name.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And of course audits were part of the crackdown on political speech.

Emails reveal IRS plot to jail conservatives
    'Department of Justice is now implicated and conflicted in the IRS scandal'

A series of emails from ex-IRS official Lois Lerner, who twice refused to answer questions from Congress about her targeting of conservative groups, reveals she was in contact with Eric Holder’s Department of Justice about prosecuting those organizations, according to the Washington watchdog group Judicial Watch.

“These new emails show that the day before she broke the news of the IRS scandal, Lois Lerner was talking to a top Obama Justice Department official about whether the DOJ could prosecute the very same organizations that the IRS had already improperly targeted,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton Wednesday.

Fitton said the IRS emails show the Department of Justice is now implicated and conflicted in the IRS scandal.

“No wonder we had to sue in federal court to get these documents,” he said.
    “In an email to an aide responding to a request for information from a Washington Post reporter, Lerner admits that she ‘can’t confirm that there was anyone on the other side of the political spectrum’ who had been targeted by the IRS. She then adds that ‘The one with the names used were only know [sic] because they have been very loud in the press.’
    WND reported recently when a member of Congress revealed the IRS also mounted Big Brother-type surveillance of groups that already were authorized to operate at the time.

The confirmation from Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich., chairman of the House Ways and Means committee, came days after WND reported the IRS even today sends small exempt organizations to a major progressive think tank to have tax information processed.

In a statement first released in the Wall Street Journal, Camp said his committee’s ongoing investigation discovered the federal government singling out established groups “for audits.”

We now know that the IRS targeted not only right-leaning applicants, but also right-leaning groups that were already operating as 501(c)4s,” Camp said. “At Washington, D.C.’s direction, dozens of groups operating as 501(c)4s were flagged for IRS surveillance, including monitoring of the groups’ activities, websites and any other publicly available information.”
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/lerner-em...conservatives/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fitton said the IRS emails show the Department of Justice is now implicated and conflicted in the IRS scandal.
    Don't worry, though. I'm sure the Department of Justice will investigate and get to the bottom of this ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Don't worry, though. I'm sure the Department of Justice "Just-Us" will investigate and get to the bottom of this ...
    FIFY..

Once again this is all theatrics!

Expecting the police to police the police just doesn't make sense...

These guys in suits playing to the TV cameras in DC remain unaffected....Liberal or Conservative, in my opinion they're two sides of the same coin...

Don't worry, though. I'm sure the Department of Justice will investigate and get to the bottom of this ...
    Obama and Holder will investigate and prosecute.... themselves?

"Not even a smidgeon of corruption..."

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    No, Nixon resigned because he was using the FBI, the IRS and a myriad of other institutions to bully his political opposition - all stuff that came to light when the Watergate scandal was just about to fade off the radar. He was trying to cover up those affairs, and it came out that he was bugging his own office. SCOTUS forced him to hand over the tapes.

Today, all that would happen is that the president would hold the tapes in the name of national security, and the court would say he had that right.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-17-2014 at 03:04 PM.

The bottom line is massive expansion of the IRS.

Weaponization bump...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.