Thread: Peter King: Rand Paul Isn’t ‘Capable’ of Having ‘an Intelligent Debate’

Peter King: Rand Paul Isn’t ‘Capable’ of Having ‘an Intelligent Debate’

Peter King: Rand Paul Isn’t ‘Capable’ of Having ‘an Intelligent Debate’

By Andrew Johnson
    April 16, 2014 9:52 AM

In the latest round of the Peter King–Rand Paul squabble, the New York congressman doubted the Kentucky senator’s interest, or even ability, to have a reasonable debate on the issue of national security.

On Wednesday’s Morning Joe, King accused Paul of “expedience paranoia” by taking fears of drones and the National Security Agency to a “hysterical level.”

The threat of the Kentucky senator as a presidential candidate has triggered a barrage of criticism from King over the past year, even sparking King to mull a run in 2016 himself.

“I think he appeals to the lowest common denominator,” he said, comparing him to isolationists of the 1930s. “​We do need an intelligent debate, and I don’t think Rand Paul is capable of having that debate.”​
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...andrew-johnson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's like he's attacking himself.
    Last edited by Victor Grey; 04-16-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Congresscritter King wouldn't recognize an intelligent debate even if it bit him on the butt.

wheres your sash quimby?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Should we repeat everything this decrepit old terrorist supporter farts out of his pie hole?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

King is a homegrown terrorist.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Peter King gets a biscuit and a pat on the head from Sheldon Adelson every time he speaks. "Good doggy, here's a biscuit, keep barking, good dog."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Peter King gets a biscuit and a pat on the head from Sheldon Adelson every time he speaks. "Good doggy, here's a biscuit, keep barking, good dog."
    I'd like to see a south park take on this

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So this is the reason why GOP want to reduce the number of debates... so the other clowns won't get destroyed by people like Rand or people similar to Ron. Whoever wins the nomination, other than Rand, will be damaged goods.

Peter King so stale and moss covered. The GOP need only look to this clown for the personification as to why they keep losing elections.

Another nugget of entertaining fiction from the Ministry of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

What I see in my mind every time Peter King opens his blow hole:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What I see in my mind every time Peter King opens his blow hole:

[IM]http://devilsfoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pink_Floyd_The_Wall_-_The_Judge-SEG_Toys-Pink_Floyd_The_Wall-SEG_Toys-trampt-82973o.jpg[/IMG]
    I'd hate to see all the images you had to sift through to find that one in a search....

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Peter King so stale and moss covered. The GOP need only look to this clown for the personification as to why they keep losing elections.
    I agree with your sentiment but King keeps winning elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post
    It's like he's attacking himself.
    actually, that's usually how those things go.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Half the voters probably think they are voting for the author.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I wouldn't bet against it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Sadly, I think the mantra is still quite powerful because the main stream media has got the back of Peter King and his ilk. I'm afraid if Rand doesn't forcefully turn the tables on this conversation at some point that he may lose this fight. The voters need to start believing that our foreign policy is a scam for bankers and corporations. Rand could, theoretically, go straight to the American people and tell them. The establishment has been effective in categorizing this as "conspiracy theory" but, if carefully presented, the facts should come down on our side. Guess we'll have to see how public opinion evolves over the next few months and evaluate what impact Rand has made.
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-16-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    King kinda reminds me of the corrupt cop in the godfather...

Last edited by anaconda; 04-16-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I loved that guy's I Have a Dream scene in that movie.

Rare footage of Pete King on vacation in Alaska....

Yup, he's a vampire.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-16-2014 at 11:12 PM.