Thread: Could Magnesium Deficiency Be Causing Many of Your Health Problems?

Could Magnesium Deficiency Be Causing Many of Your Health Problems?

Could Magnesium Deficiency Be Causing Many of Your Health Problems?

April 14, 2014 by MAE CHAN

Magnesium is one of the most essential minerals required for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It controls nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth. There are over hundred different symptoms and cofactors of magnesium deficiency, some of which include muscle pain, insomnia, fibromyalgia, migraines, and low bone density.

According to Linda Bolton "80 percent of the population have an unhealthy balance of 10 calcium to 1 magnesium in our 70 trillion cells."

Findings published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition indicated that for every 50 mg per day increase in intake of the mineral, the risk of cancer was modestly reduced by 7%.

A notable study of more than 4,600 Americans, begun in 1985, found the risk of developing metabolic syndrome over the next 15 years was 31 percent lower for those with the highest intake of magnesium.

Supplements of magnesium may also improve sensitivity to insulin and help reduce the risk of diabetes. Daily supplements of the mineral for six months improved two out of three measures of insulin sensitivity, compared with placebo. Low magnesium status may actually exacerbate the symptoms of type 2 diabetes by further influencing insulin status

Data from 22 trials with magnesium supplements revealed that the mineral may reduce systolic and diastolic blood pressure, researchers from the University of Hertfordshire reported.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought some high grade mag oil every single time I use it I pass out almost immediately and feel groggy over for days afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I bought some high grade mag oil every single time I use it I pass out almost immediately and feel groggy over for days afterwards.
    Wow. I have never heard of that before. I wonder what is in it, other than magnesium?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Consuming salt helps to retain more magnesium.

I need more ascorbic acid in my diet so I take Magnesium Ascorbate powder and put it in #0 capsules. I take 3,660mg every day divided up in three doses. That gives me 3,000mg of ascorbic acid and 204mg of magnesium.