Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OSAS (Once saved always saved; eternal security)

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    It seems clear to me that the passage is saying that they'll be cut off by God, since the verse goes on to say that they'll be burned in the fire. I think that refers to final judgment in the lake of fire.
    I disagree; see David. Others "cast him into the fire" because he commited sin. He caused the enemies of God to blaspheme.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Primarily trusting Christ as your savior and confessing your sin. I think the Bible teaches that confessing your sin is a requirement to be forgiven of your sins. The Bible always conditions forgiveness upon repentance.

1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
    what if we forget to confess a sin?

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    what if we forget to confess a sin?
    I don't think that you have to think of every specific sin and confess each individual sin. You can just say a more general prayer of "God please forgive me of all my sins." And I don't know how often Christians should do this, but I think that if a Christian just willingly sins for years and years, doesn't acknowledge that they're sinning, and doesn't confess their sin, it's possible for them to lose their salvation. I don't really like the idea that I'm presenting either. I would much rather believe in the once saved always saved doctrine, because it's much more comforting. But, that's just not the conclusion that I've come to from studying the Bible. There are maybe a handful of verses that I would say provide evidence for eternal security. I think there are far more verses that demonstrate that it's possible for someone to lose their salvation.

I don't think that you have to think of every specific sin and confess each individual sin. You can just say a more general prayer of "God please forgive me of all my sins." And I don't know how often Christians should do this, but I think that if a Christian just willingly sins for years and years, doesn't acknowledge that they're sinning, and doesn't confess their sin, it's possible for them to lose their salvation. I don't really like the idea that I'm presenting either. I would much rather believe in the once saved always saved doctrine, because it's much more comforting. But, that's just not the conclusion that I've come to from studying the Bible. There are maybe a handful of verses that I would say provide evidence for eternal security. I think there are far more verses that demonstrate that it's possible for someone to lose their salvation.
    There are approximately 85 passages in the NT for OSAS.

AFAIK, the OSAS doctrine comes from peddlers of the "Prosperity Gospel"-people who "sold" various means of "salvation" for a profit. It's not biblical (unless you do some serious mental gymnastics) and it's not a traditional Church teaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I believe in OSAS. I also believe that the "gardener" prunes branches that do not produce fruit so that they may in the future produce fruit. When a branch is pruned, it grows back usually more fruitful than before. Pruning is discipline, not an unadoption (Good word Kevin)
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    AFAIK, the OSAS doctrine comes from peddlers of the "Prosperity Gospel"-people who "sold" various means of "salvation" for a profit. It's not biblical (unless you do some serious mental gymnastics) and it's not a traditional Church teaching.
    The OSAS doctrine comes from the Bible. Jesus Himself.

1 Jn.5:10: He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. V.11: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12: He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    I believe in OSAS. I also believe that the "gardener" prunes branches that do not produce fruit so that they may in the future produce fruit. When a branch is pruned, it grows back usually more fruitful than before. Pruning is discipline, not an unadoption (Good word Kevin)
    good point Annie!

Paul makes it clear that once God justifies the person, he cannot be condemned or lose his salvation (Rom. 8:1, 32, 33).

It's nice to actually be able to have a civil discussion on an issue like this for once though. I appreciate it.
    I couldn't agree more! it was nice to read a post and not have my teeth clenched and knuckles white! LOL.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

I couldn't agree more! it was nice to read a post and not have my teeth clenched and knuckles white! LOL.
    I just love to talk and debate scripture without attacking the other person.....

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just love to talk and debate scripture without attacking the other person.....
    Me too! That is where true learning takes place!
    ~ George Washington

Me too! That is where true learning takes place!
    yes maam

in the most basic sense; why would God leave us hanging on the most important question? If we know we are saved; it frees us to go serve Him. GRACE is the pillar of the NT.

There are approximately 85 passages in the NT for OSAS.
    With all due respect Kevin, I'd like to ask you just what attracts you to the OSAS doctrine, which is a creation of John Calvin? Do you realize that this doctrine was *never* taught in the history of the Bible before John Calvin?

Also, I can provide you with literally hundreds of scripture that refute OSAS as I have already done in here that never give you absolute guarantee of being predestined to glory at the time of confession and belief. They all indidate that "it might be", "may be" and that we "have the hope" based upon "remaining" and "continuing" to "abide" in Christ.

So how do we "continue to abide in Christ"? We do this by answering our calling in Christ via listening to what the Holy Spirit is telling us and we respond to that in obedience to God by doing what we have been spiritually called to do. That is not a dead work. That is what is called "FAITH". Now what we do is done in response to what the Spirit of the Lord is calling us to do by what is written upon our hearts and not the letter of the Old dead Mosaic Law. Acts 13:39
    and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

The most telling scripture amongst them all are Hebrews 6:4- and John 15:5-

The OSAS doctrine is attractive to believers because it gives them a sense of peace about their eternal destiny, but the real peace is the one that tells us that as long as we "continually abide" in Christ that we can rest in our salvation with assurance and not one that makes the statement that no matter what we do or how we treat others in this life we can still obtain eternal life. That message was never taught until John Calvin, who being the murderous tyrant he was had to justify himself somehow before God for the things he had done.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-16-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    With all due respect Kevin, I'd like to ask you just what attracts you to the OSAS doctrine, which is a creation of John Calvin? Do you realize that this doctrine was *never* taught in the history of the Bible before John Calvin?
    Well, I don't necessarily think if someone isn't a Calvinist, that they have to disagree with Calvin on everything. When I first started posting here I wasn't a Calvinist, but I still believed in eternal security. Agreeing with Calvin on that one issue certainly didn't make me a Calvinist. There are quite a few 4 point Arminians who agree with the Calvinists when it comes to eternal security. I think if the doctrine of eternal security is going to be disproven, it has to be disproven from the Bible, rather than just saying that we're supposed to disagree with Calvin on every theological issue. I just changed my mind from studying the New Testament and studying this issue.

It doesn't seem like that's what the verse actually says though. The passage of the vine and the branches says that every branch that doesn't bear fruit is cut off and thrown into the fire.

where do you fall on the debate about salvation? Can it be lost?
    I don't believe that once saved always saved. It's like saying because you are saved you have a "get out of jail" free card.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

John 15:

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

John 15: here is clearly telling believers (who are the branches of the True Vine)--if they do not abide in Christ, are cut off and burned.

This is synonymous with Hebrews 6:4 also that says here:

[B]Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Clearly this is telling us that it's possible to fall away and not be *RENEWED* (key word) to repentance. Repentance is the only path back to God when we stumble in faith.

As TC right said---this does not happen easily because a believer who falls away has obviously done so for so long that only God knows they will not return to repentance and are cut off permanently from God. The Apostle Paul confirms this also by telling us that it's most certainly possible to fall away.

When we look at the reasons why some will defend the doctrine of OSAS, they all revolve around the fear of losing their salvation--which by the way is the same fear that Gods word tells us is called "wisdom"---by fearing only what God can do and no one else. That same fear is designed to keep us aware of what can happen to us if we stop abiding in Christ because we are still part flesh and blood which is capable at any point in this life of falling into temptation and away from God.

God gives a believer space and time to repent and only God knows when one will not return to repentance and He then turns them over to their own strong delusions. Don't be fooled into believing that we are not accountable for what we say and do to others in this life, that is what the OSAS doctrine teaches--that no one can lose their salvation after confession. That is not biblical. We are accountable to God for everything we say and do to others in this life. The word of God teaches all throughout that we will most certainly be judged by our deeds in this life both good and bad when the Books of Life and death are opened at judgment. These deeds that we will be judged by are not the ones before we became believers--but only after we became believers are we held accountable to God.

We have been instructed on how to continually abide in Christ via the Holy Spirit which is our only guide in this life. If we stop listening to the spirit of the Lord and over a period of time--only God knows--we fall--we can be cut off.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-16-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Well, I don't necessarily think if someone isn't a Calvinist, that they have to disagree with Calvin on everything. When I first started posting here I wasn't a Calvinist, but I still believed in eternal security. Agreeing with Calvin on that one issue certainly didn't make me a Calvinist. There are quite a few 4 point Arminians who agree with the Calvinists when it comes to eternal security. I think if the doctrine of eternal security is going to be disproven, it has to be disproven from the Bible, rather than just saying that we're supposed to disagree with Calvin on every theological issue. I just changed my mind from studying the New Testament and studying this issue.

Yes and that is why we should always use the word of God to back up what we believe and make sure that it reconciles with ALL of scripture instead of using one line of scripture that doesn't support the other--it's the only way to rightly divide the word of God.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've never understood these either/or debates.

I do have faith that God will always watch out for me, because the bible says so.

I also believe that I must persevere in following God's commands, because the bible says so.

People backslide all the time. It's human nature-- you have to be in God's word daily.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    People backslide all the time. It's human nature-- you have to be in God's word daily.
    Very true donnay. It's a daily walk with the Lord in everything put our hands and hearts to daily. God is patient with us as we stumble and He knows our hearts and understands our struggles. He would never cut anyone off whom He knew would return to Him in faith and repentance.

God, in multiple places in the Bible, gives us absolute promises that positively anyone who has been justified is guaranteed to be glorified, and that nothing can possibly prevent that. And nowhere does scripture even hint at the idea that any justified person could possibly not end up glorified.

It's a home run case. I don't even know why there's so much debate. God will not break his promises.

Well, at the very least, I think someone can lose their salvation if they stop believing. You're not going to make it to heaven if you die an atheist, even if you were a believer earlier on in your life. Jesus said that you have to persevere to the end to be saved.
    So it all comes down to what you are at the moment you die?

You don't pretend to base this on anything in the Bible do you?

So you're saying that someone can be an atheist when they die, and they can still make it to heaven simply because they were a believer earlier on in their lives? I'm not trying to misconstrue your views. I'm just asking if that's what you're saying.

And Jesus said that you have to persevere to the end in order to be saved.

Matthew 24:13

But the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    End of what? And saved from what?

In the context this is about the Tribulation.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    So it all comes down to what you are at the moment you die?

You don't pretend to base this on anything in the Bible do you?
    Yes, I do. And we've posted verse after verse that you simply parse words in order to get around.

Yes, I do. And we've posted verse after verse that you simply parse words in order to get around.
    You say "parse words to get around" as if you can just make verses mean whatever you want and don't need to base your interpretation on reasons. You might want to look up the word "parse," since that's not what I did. But even if it was, parsing words is a very important part of interpreting anything.

Clearly Jesus wasn't saying that if you die at one moment of your life you'll go to Heaven, but if you go on living after that to die some later moment then you'll go to Hell.

Apparently your first sentence here is a true statement. You really do pretend to base this view on something in the Bible.
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A nice list of scriptures here to refute the idea of eternal security thanks to the following
    http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpr...-always-saved/

Topical organization of scriptures that refute “Eternal Security”
    1 Parable of sower
    • Mark 4:16 (Luke 8:13) “And in a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; (they believe for a while) and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

2 Fallen from grace passage: • Galatians 5:4 “You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.”

This verse alone disproves eternal security fairly well, because if you can fall from grace, it means you had grace to begin with. Unless OSAS believers want to try and explain how a person can fall from grace with Christ being of no effect, and yet still be saved? If we can be saved while fallen from grace, then why need grace in the first place?

3 Pruning passages:
    • John 15:5-6 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.”
    • Romans 11:19-23 “You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will He spare you. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in; for God is able to graft them in again.”

4 Hebrews Passages:
    • Hebrews 6:4-6 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God, and put Him to open shame.
    • Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgment, and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.”
    • Hebrews 10:38-39 “But My righteous one shall live by faith; And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.”

5 Doctrinal Apostasy passages:
    • Acts 20:17,28-30 “And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church.” … “I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.”
    • 1 Timothy 1:18-21 “fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith. Among these are HYMENAEUS and Alexander”
    • 2 Timothy 2:16-18 But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are HYMENAEUS and Philetus, men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and thus they upset the faith of some.
    • 1 Timothy 4:1 “But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons”
    • 1 Timothy 6:20-21 “O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”-which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith.”
    • 2 Peter 2:1 “But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.”
    • 2 Peter 3:17 “You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness”
    • 2 John 8-9 “Watch yourselves, that you might not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.”

6 Moral Apostasy passages:
    • 1 Timothy 6:9-10 “But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang.”
    • 2 Peter 2:20-22 “For if after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”"
    • James 5:19-20 “My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth, and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death, and will cover a multitude of sins.”

7 Revelation passages:
    • Revelation 2:4-5 “‘But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. ‘Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you, and will remove your lampstand out of its place-unless you repent.”
    • Revelation 3:5 “‘He who overcomes shall thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.
    • Revelation 3:16-17 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. ‘Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked”

8 Old Testament passages
    • Ezekiel 18:24-26 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die. “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right? “When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die.”
    http://christianchat.com/bible-discu...-security.html

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's not true. Generally prosperity Gospel proponents teach that you can lose salvation.

The Bible itself teaches (and teaches with unmistakable clarity) that everyone who believes in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life.

If you look through the verses that people use to defend the idea that some people who have been justified will end up not being glorified (such as the list in the post above this), and you just ask yourself what they specifically do say and specifically do not say, you'll see for yourself that there's not a single one that mentions the possibility of anyone who has been justified not being glorified.
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-16-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Although it feels nice to believe in eternal security (after all, that is our hope, that we might find eternal salvation in Christ), the OSAS doctrine unfortunately is simply an innovative heresy that only serves to send people to perdition. It is NOT the apostolic faith and needs to be rejected.

The OSAS as doctrine originated with John Calvin's distorted theology, which was made possible by the faulty Western theologic understanding of 'Original Sin'. This misunderstanding was first initiated by St. Augustine, given fuller development by St. Ambrose, and then used later to create this new heresy called OSAS by the Reformers, John Calvin in particular. It simply is a distortion of the apostolic faith and the teachings of the early Church Fathers and the very notion of 'once saved, always saved' is completely absent in the patristic teachings. When one proof texts certain verses in order to justify this heresy, they do so while disregarding and ignoring the overwhelming other verses of Scripture which contradict their misunderstanding, and also do so against the overwhelming Patristic witness.
    Last edited by TER; 04-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Question:

I go to a Christian college and a lot of my friends discuss the “once saved, always saved” versus “salvation can be lost” controversy. What do Orthodox Christians think about this question?

Father Michael Gillis Responds:

To tell the truth, Orthodox Christians don’t think about this controversy at all - at least not in these terms. Discussions about “once saved, always saved” are based on a particular Protestant understanding of what it means to be “saved.” Orthodox Christians conceive of salvation quite differently than most Protestants do.

For an Orthodox Christian, to be saved means nothing less than to participate fully in the divine energies of God. For most Protestants, to be saved means to have one’s sins forgiven so that one can go to heaven when he dies. This Protestant understanding of salvation is often spoken of in the present perfect tense and passive voice - “I have been saved” - because in the Protestant understanding, salvation is something God does without our participation (passive voice) that we “accept” at a particular point in time (present perfect tense). The controversy among Protestants is whether or not one’s condition as “saved” can be lost once “truly” received.

In contrast, Orthodox Christians see salvation much more as a process that involves human participation, or synergy. That is, we cooperate with God in our salvation, much as a farmer cooperates with nature (and ultimately with God) in the growing of wheat. A farmer labors to prepare the soil and sow the seed in much the same way that an Orthodox Christian labors to control his body and mind (fasting), participate in the liturgical life of the Church (prayer), and love his neighbor (almsgiving). And in the same way that nothing the farmer does earns the rain nor makes the seed he has sown germinate, the prayer, fasting, and love of neighbor of an Orthodox Christian do not earn him salvation. They do, however, align him to receive the grace (divine energy) of God that comes to him.

If you take a look at Ezekiel 11:18-19, you can see an example of this synergistic or cooperative work of salvation. In verse 18, God’s people prepare themselves by removing vile images and detestable idols, and in verse 19 God gives them new hearts of flesh. God’s people do not earn new hearts by their actions, but their actions prepare them to receive new hearts. Their actions cooperate with the grace of God.

I must admit that words and concepts fail to explain these matters clearly, for our salvation is a mystery. Nonetheless, you can see that for Orthodox Christians, salvation is much more than just forgiveness of sins and going to heaven when we die. Salvation is the eternal (not merely lifelong) process of becoming more and more like our Savior. Consequently, “once saved” has no meaning in an Orthodox context.

To frame the question somewhat differently, an Orthodox Christian might ask, “Can you stop cooperating with God?” Here the answer is yes. You can deny, rebel against, betray, and reject the grace of God. Even one of the Twelve betrayed the Savior. However, we must be careful not to point fingers or go looking for “Judases” in our midst. Much of what appears to be denial, rejection, or even blasphemy is merely evidence of a deep valley a person is passing through in which he comes to terms with his own weaknesses or sheds inadequate concepts of God (and in the end, all concepts of God are inadequate). I refer you to the complaint of Job, the initial rejection of the father by the prodigal son, the denial of Peter, and the doubting of Thomas.

Salvation is not something that is merely on or off like a light switch; it is much more like the permeation of water into a sponge. Dryer, harder sponges need to soak longer (and perhaps in hotter water). The biblical exhortations not to harden our hearts (Hebrews 3:8 and many other places) are exhortations to cooperate with the grace of God. But “harden” and “soften” describe degrees, not absolute conditions. Salvation is not something that we gain in an instant and can lose just as quickly. Our salvation is a process, which we sometimes fully cooperate with and sometimes resist. May God help us always to cooperate.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast