Thread: Rand Paul under attack from establishment media

Post Rand Paul under attack from establishment media

It's probably best to ignore this stuff but I just thought it was interesting how much Rand has been getting hit lately, I came across four very negative columns just today that were published on high traffic mainstream websites. It feels like the presidential campaign has already started!

Rand Paul for President -- Because what the GOP needs is a humbling landslide defeat
    h ttp://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303663604579501441901549788

Rand Paul’s ‘blame-America-first’ strategy not ironclad
    h ttp://nypost.com/2014/04/14/rand-pauls-blame-america-first-strategy-not-ironclad/

Rand’s a-Paul-ing inexperience -- The GOP used to have accomplished candidates
    h ttp://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/rand-a-paul-ing-inexperience-article-1.1756082

Rand Paul gives an interview that will haunt him
    h ttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/04/14/rand-paul-gives-an-interview-that-will-haunt-him/
    Last edited by jct74; 04-14-2014 at 11:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    by and large, same geniuses that were for romney

It seems the word went out at Adelson's little gathering.

The last one is from jennifer rubin. She really has it bad for Rand. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    she trotted out the old "board certified" attack in her column on Sunday. I haven't seen that one used in a very long time aside from the occasional mentioning in HuffPo comment sections.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-14-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    Yep.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's the hair. She sees it and she needs him. She's just never matured beyond the 3rd grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    yeah, its almost like "the jews control the media" or something...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    National Review has a negative piece out today too. Seems somebody sounded the alarm about Paul, hard to believe that all these sudden, simultaneous trash editorials are a coincidence.

They must be scared he is going to win.

Its good news that they can't ignore him / us anymore.

There is nothing the media loves more than tearing someone down.

Unfortunately for them, people generally distrust the media now, Rand is smarter than they are, he's more likable than they are, and his opponents for the nomination are either blithering fools or are crooks who've got closets stuffed with skeletons. He won't fall down.

Here's another to throw on the heap.

The GOP’s amateur hour

hxxp://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/richard-cohen-the-gops-amateur-hour/2014/04/14/ecff74d4-c3ee-11e3-b574-f8748871856a_story.html?tid=pm_pop

Yeah, word has gone out from on high, no doubt.

ETA - Meh, nvm...it's the same as the third article in the OP.

Passed around more than the easy chick in high school.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-15-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    she trotted out the old "board certified" attack in her column on Sunday. I haven't seen that one used in a very long time aside from the occasional mentioning in HuffPo comment sections.
    I posted the medical qualification facts in the comments section for that article. She also blatantly lied and said Rand wants to close Gitmo. I would say about 75% of comments under her articles are highly adversarial towards her. Many even chide and make fun of her. And she keeps writing the same thing over and over. Sometimes she gets very few comments on an article. Makes me wonder if very many people read her column.

I save the following to copy-and-paste into comment sections when the certification issue comes up.. Feel free to copy and paste and use any of it if it helps.

Rand Paul passed the American Board of Ophthalmology exam (American Medial Association specialty exam) on his first attempt and was certified for 10 years from 1995 to 2005. The individual states license medical doctors and Paul is fully authorized to practice medicine. The ABO certification is not required and only amounts to a blessing from the AMA. AMA specialty certifications mean zero for state licensing. ZERO. Yet, Mr. Paul easily passed the exam on his first try. Mr. Paul willfully allowed this certification lapse in 2005 because the ABO began a policy of age discrimination in re-certifications, exempting older doctors from the testing process. Paul and 200 other ophthalmologists protested and started their own certification board. Rand Paul completed medical school and his residency at the Duke University School of Medicine, ranked number 8 in the U.S.
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-15-2014 at 09:34 PM.

This was to be expected. Our establishment is rotten to the core, especially on the elephant side of the aisle. The donkeys would just leave people like Kucinich and Nader alone. The elephants actually go after and attack people like Ron and Rand. It is despicable, but it is vital for their survival as elitist, established windbags. The good news is that biology will do away with them within the next two decades or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Boshembechle View Post
    This was to be expected. Our establishment is rotten to the core, especially on the elephant side of the aisle. The donkeys would just leave people like Kucinich and Nader alone. The elephants actually go after and attack people like Ron and Rand. It is despicable, but it is vital for their survival as elitist, established windbags. The good news is that biology will do away with them within the next two decades or so.
    The republican establishment ignored Ron plenty too, they've only gone on the attack since 2012 when the ideas have started to gain real mainstream acceptance.

They scared.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

It's probably not such a bad thing to be "attacked" by establishment media. It's kind of an easy way to avoid critical debate and tough questions in areas less discussed that you'd be responsible for addressing should they come from alternative media. So McMedia is kind of the happy meal for politicians. Heck, if I were a presidential condidate and the only thing I ever had to talk about along the lines of "foreign policy" was premised upon the left-right paradigm regarding Iran, I'd be quite content. It would be quite the breath of relief.

Cripes, you could destroy that woman's entire platform for debate just by elevating the issue(s) to where she hasn't and probably won't ever go. The woman in the last article, I mean. Especially in regard to foreign policy. Big things happening.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A comment I made a few minutes ago on a Rubin column:

“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.”

― Confucius

It is of great importance to understand that neocons are the opposite of conservative. Jennifer Rubin is a neocon on steroids. Everything about her is the opposite of conservative. Her idea about a belligerent interventionist foreign policy is the opposite of conservative. The politicians she speaks of with high regard are the opposite of conservative. That she claims to offer a "conservative perspective" is 100% untrue. There are only a small handful of conservatives in either house of the legislature (about 6 total by my estimation). Jennifer Rubin is a Trotskyite, plain and simple (aka "neocon"). Which is why she singles out the few actual conservatives and calls them things like "fringe," "extreme," or "ignorant." This should be of no surprise. Ms. Rubin knows that conservatism is far more widely represented throughout the country than in the halls of Washington, D.C., and this makes her very nervous.