Thread: Ron Paul Statement on the Standoff in Nevada

Ron Paul Statement on the Standoff in Nevada

I’ve had a lot of questions asked of me about the episode out in Nevada. I was happy to hear about the federal officials backing off because I was concerned that violence might break out. In many ways, the people spoke out after determining that the federal government had overstepped itself and fortunately their presence did not result in violence. However, I worry about whether or not this is all over because you have the sort of on-again, off-again situation like that of Waco which, of course, ended in violence. I’m hoping that the federal officials don’t come back determined to use violence to remove this family from this house and this land.

This is a typical example of when everyone owns a piece of land and no one does all at the same time. They sort of have an agreement – a lease – where they have been raising cattle on this land for 130 years then all of sudden the rules change. This type of problem wouldn’t happen in Texas because all the land is owned privately. Its makes the point that no one really knows who is in charge. It makes the point that state and private ownership would have prevented this type of problem.

There’s two things that come out of this: one, when the American people speak out, their voices can be heard and can effect what government is doing. Two, it empathizes the value of private property and ownership rather than having collective ownership by a government.

As much as I’d like to see this as a victory for the people, I’m afraid the government has more guns, more power and more determination to express their authoritarianism. They will be back and that means a confrontation between the people and those in our government undermining our liberties – the confrontation will continue.
    http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/editor...ral-officials/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waco
    Frikken troofers are destroying the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Frikken troofers are destroying the liberty movement.
    Not really sure people consider that a conspiracy theory.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ron.../14/id/565588/

Ron Paul: Feds May Come Back With More Force on Nevada Rancher

Ron Paul is happy that the standoff between a Nevada rancher and the Bureau of Land Management ended peacefully last week, but he fears the federal government may return in larger force.

"Governments don't give up their power easily, and they may well come back with a lot more force like they did at Waco with the Davidians," the former Republican congressman and presidential candidate said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto."

The federal government has been criticized for the Branch Davidian siege that killed 83 cult members and four ATF agents in 1993 and for the Ruby Ridge raid a year earlier that killed two members of Randy Weaver's family and a deputy U.S. marshal.

The BLM backed down Saturday on an attempt to confiscate cattle from Cliven Bundy, who has been in a dispute with the agency for 20 years over grazing rights. Militia members and others showed up from around the country to support Bundy.

Paul told Fox News he thinks that whenever people join to stand up against government, government will be forced to back down. He blamed much of the problem on the fact that most of the state of Nevada is owned by the federal government.

"When they own most of these states in the West, everybody owns it and nobody owns it," he said.

Lands should be given to the states, Paul said, and the states should sell them to the people.

"It's worked out quite well in big states as well as all our Eastern states," he said.

Public ownership creates conflicts among various interests, such as environmentalists, gold miners, oil companies and ranchers, Paul said, and problems will only increase when the economy gets into deeper trouble, as he predicts it will.

"The great danger is, what is the trigger?" Paul said. "Why will the anger be directed toward this enemy, when the enemy is really some bad ideas and bad politics that we have to change?"

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    Not really sure people consider that a conspiracy theory.
    The majority of Boobus still believes that Koresh was a cultist baby raper and that the government had no other option than to attack the compound. For the children. They still believe the narrative that these "cultists" set themselves on fire.

I posted the same thing yesterday, that the root cause of this was the public ownership of the land.

I guess great minds think alike!

As long as there are those that can fire up the fake money presses and print what ever it takes to dictate their will, we are just subjects in their kingdom. Perhaps only until we run out of assets to print against and they tire of us.

And trust me, the globe is there. Right up against it.

As for sharing ownership in land, we have some beautiful lands we all share. It has been only since we went off of the gold and silver standard that our rights to share those lands has been slipping away. And I'm not saying our currency has to be tied to silver or gold but it has to be tied to some sort of reality.

Another thing that could go a long way would be to uphold the laws we have. The fake money presses have bought off the immigration laws globally. Since when was it okay to attack others in foreign countries and not be held accountable. We've got people printing up our own money, using our assets as collateral, and using it to subvert the Constitution.

No one can afford to hold them accountable. Do you see a trend here?

In fact this counterfeiting has gone on so long, do we even own our public lands anymore, or have they been sold off?

If they've been sold off we may need to use Eminent Domain to restore our legacy. I realize it requires paying a fair market value. How about what we were given. Nothing! I don't ever remember receiving anything anyways.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.