Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: a boy so high that he didn’t feel anything while a dog “gnawed his arm to the bone"

Coyote Ugly is similar. Luckily in my case, the Doctors were able to reattach.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Coyote Ugly is similar. Luckily in my case, the Doctors were able to reattach.
    Chewing off your own arm doesn't count.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    That is more anti-drug propaganda. People have been growing sinsemilla for centuries if not millenniums. Sure, back in the 70s you could smoke Colombian dirt weed by the bag. You can do the same with Mexi-brick garbage today. Attaining the same level of euphoria, or nausea relief, or anxiety relief, or orbital pressure relief, or headache relief, etc. with smoking less plant material is a positive. People have been vaporizing for decades. There have always been high THC strains. And people have always manipulated the plant to continue producing THC instead of seed sacks.

"It is said a single hit will keep a person high for more than a day"......... by who? "And it's like smoking twenty joints of the best grade of weed that you have into one hit of the wax"... oh really... well that satisfies my scientific curiosities.

This is so patently absurd I feel amiss speaking on it. It's like debunking "Bloody Mary" legends.

Earlier in this thread there was a picture of eggs referencing "your brain on drugs" propaganda which sourced a study where a doctor, who committed crimes against humanity in his involuntary brain electrode implantation of prisoners in the South, suffocated six monkeys. After there was an autopsy, the oxygen deprived monkey's brains showed signs of damage. The results were never duplicated and the study condemned by anyone with an inkling of medical integrity. But the desired effect was had and people to this day quote that nonsense as if it is fact. This is the same scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Retarded. The good stuff is preferred over the cheaper stuff because you use less and get a cleaner high. You consume significantly less!

That is fiction.
    Sounds like I offended someones sacred cow. How is it propaganda or "retarded" when your posts essentially back it up. Sounds pretty obvious the effects would be longer and stronger if you are going from 20-30% to 80% THC.

For example lets say the average Joe's most common form of drinking in the past was light beer and other forms of alcohol were not as popular but still called beer. The average Joe was accustomed to drinking several beers to catch a buzz for an hour or two.

Then the new beer comes along that is still called "light beer Y" but it is actually 20 shots of whiskey with a high that last 24 hours. Yet the user thinks hey I am just drinking light beer like back in the good old days and continues to consume in the same manner as he did the past but ultimately he finds out the hard way the vast difference.

The story then gets repeated over and over again by others whom made the same mistake, article written.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Sounds like I offended someones sacred cow. How is it propaganda or "retarded" when your posts essentially back it up. Sounds pretty obvious the effects would be longer and stronger if you are going from 20-30% to 80% THC.

For example lets say the average Joe's most common form of drinking in the past was light beer and other forms of alcohol were not as popular but still called beer. The average Joe was accustomed to drinking several beers to catch a buzz for an hour or two.

Then the new beer comes along that is still called "light beer Y" but it is actually 20 shots of whiskey with a high that last 24 hours. Yet the user thinks hey I am just drinking light beer like back in the good old days and continues to consume in the same manner as he did the past but ultimately he finds out the hard way the vast difference.

The story then gets repeated over and over again by others whom made the same mistake, article written.
    What is your point? MJ is stronger now...and?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

First, if you are going to speak as you offended my "sacred cow", don't lump me in with what others have said. My words are my own and as much, his are his. I do like the "essentially", though. It's on the level of "And it’s like (emphasis mine) smoking 20 joints of the best grade of weed that you have into one hit of the wax.” Is it or isn't it? Is it essentially like, more than likely like, is it "said to be" (from your article) like? These are the words of propagandists. I'm not calling you one, nor do I particularly care about your phraseology but to be clear, it is intellectually dishonest. You are leading with qualifiers. This is the most flagrant of fallacies in this quoted section that I care to address. There are others.

To actually respond to what you said, people have been vaporizing marijuana for decades. We are speaking of a near 100% THC content as the plant material is left mainly unburnt while the THC is vaporized into a bag for inhalation.

And as well, solidifying THC into fat isn't a new concept. And the same, as I've mentioned, botanically understanding the cycles of the plant has been well established for quite some time. The cycles of the plant are fairly simple and I would bet, though I do know it has been happening for hundreds of years, that even millennium ago, people recognized the life cycle of cannabis and came to a wish to kill males while encouraging females.

For example lets say the average Joe's most common form of drinking in the past was light beer and other forms of alcohol were not as popular but still called beer. The
    average Joe was accustomed to drinking several beers to catch a buzz for an hour or two.

I do not understand how in the minds of many comparing THC, CBD, or even smoking an entire plant is considered comparable to drinking beer, liquor, etc.

I can only come to tell that propagandist bull$#@!, as a means that jobs are ensured, ensured this. That is, propaganda. You don't continue to get high, as you would get drunk. You get to a point that smoking more is pointless. You don't get more belligerent at that point, you don't fiend for more, you don't anything. You do as you would have otherwise and you do so in a much more pleasant manner. Aside from accomplishing what you otherwise might not have done, experiences are enhanced. Taste, music, sex, whatever you can imagine. It isn't as if you are unable to cook, or complete complex tasks. You are able to as much as you were able to beforehand. It makes it more enjoyable and one's precision to detail is positively affected. The movies lie. Your 'sources,' which to clear are simply government agency sponsored justifications for their existence, lie.

They consumed more than they should!? That is scary. So they slept it off, or worse, were 'harassed' by those who could handle what they take.

I don't even smoke cannabis. I find it amazing what people say about it though.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, a lot of pot theses days can have the effect of shrooms or even LSD. This comes from multiple hard core smokers (who have also indulged in shrooms and acid).
    Who told you that nonsense? Pot does not make people trip and see things that aren't there.

He also helped organize a recent meeting for parents at the school featuring Dr. Leslie Walker, chief of adolescent medicine at Seattle Children’s. Among other warnings about pot, Walker said she knew a boy so high that he didn’t feel anything while a dog “gnawed his arm to the bone.” She declined to be more specific.
    Of course she declined. She pulled it out of her ass. They don't want kids on your drugs, they want kids on their drugs. Don't smoke pot....drugs are bad, mkay? Here, have this pharmaceutical strength pill full of meth instead (ritalin).

Seems to me that what this is, is organizations that used to rely on drug war money have to change their focus to keep their gravy trains rolling.

Total budget for those messages is $1,300, she said. The agency is also applying for a $50,000 federal grant to produce ads about pot-impaired driving, she said.
    The agency applied for a federal grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to curb impaired driving. It received $450,000. It organized focus groups to learn what messages would work best with the target audience of young men.
    It's always about the money. Always.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-14-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

But it's illegal! How cam children possibly smoke marijuana if the governement tells them not to!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What is your point? MJ is stronger now...and?
    That was my point despite prior posts minimizing that and that if you take something that makes you high for a day or more it cannot be healthy. Yet saying that I am told is "retarded" and "propaganda".

I do not give a dam what people do and do not believe it should be illegal but don't bull$#@! me.

That was my point despite prior posts minimizing that and that if you take something that makes you high for a day or more it cannot be healthy. Yet saying that I am told is "retarded" and "propaganda".

I do not give a dam what people do and do not believe it should be illegal but don't bull$#@! me.
    Wait, did you just say that smoking 1 marijuanas can make you high all day?

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Who told you that nonsense? Pot does not make people trip and see things that aren't there.
    I don't recall anyone ever saying they "saw things that aren't there" on shrooms (or pot).

But like I already said, go to the following threads. I'm not going to debate things I hear and read second hand.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-14-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't recall anyone ever saying they "saw things that aren't there" on shrooms.

But like I already said, go to the following threads. I'm not going to debate things I hear and read second hand.
    Bad choice of words on my part since "things that aren't there" is subjective. Things like "melting" items, patterns coming out of walls, auditory hallucinations, etc. That does not happen after consuming any sort of mj. It makes one more aware of surroundings but does not ever warp reality like LSD does. Laced mj (rare) can cause that though.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Wait, did you just say that smoking 1 marijuanas can make you high all day?
    Stronger marijuana drug called wax
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-in-california

Just saying that cannot be healthy.

Here is a 17 year old where after two minutes after taking a five-second hit from a vaporizer ended up in the hospital and a high that lasted 3 days.
    http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...alth-officials
    The ear wax was so intense that Josh's high lasted three days

In a more scientific comparison of marijuana and shrooms, they would both be ingested, in a double blind study with placebos too. Smoking is too different from eating for a good comparison.

I do not understand how in the minds of many comparing THC, CBD, or even smoking an entire plant is considered comparable to drinking beer, liquor, etc.

I can only come to tell that propagandist bull$#@!, as a means that jobs are ensured, ensured this. That is, propaganda. You don't continue to get high, as you would get drunk. You get to a point that smoking more is pointless. You don't get more belligerent at that point, you don't fiend for more, you don't anything. You do as you would have otherwise and you do so in a much more pleasant manner. Aside from accomplishing what you otherwise might not have done, experiences are enhanced. Taste, music, sex, whatever you can imagine. It isn't as if you are unable to cook, or complete complex tasks. You are able to as much as you were able to beforehand. It makes it more enjoyable and one's precision to detail is positively affected. The movies lie. Your 'sources,' which to clear are simply government agency sponsored justifications for their existence, lie.
    Expert: Potent ‘Ear Wax Weed’ A Dangerous Trend
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...ngerous-trend/
    Smolinske said the drug is so strong, it has sent two people to the hospital in separate cases over the past month.

The man and woman were both medical marijuana patients, 36 years old, and suffering episodes of psychosis.

“They were hallucinating,” said Smolinske. ” … They had behavior changes….(they) needed to be sedated because they were so agitated that they could not be controlled.”

The Ear Wax Weed is part of an ongoing trend of stronger and stronger marijuana, she said.

“The type of marijuana that is around today, is much more strong than the marijuana that was available in the 60′s, where we rarely saw hallucinations,” said Smolinske. “We have seen teenagers who end up permanently with a psychotic disorder, because the marijuana has been the trigger for that.”

Lol, thread. I don't think it's possible to load up on enough cbd/thc to stay high for 3 days. I'd love to prove myself wrong however.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Lol, thread. I don't think it's possible to load up on enough cbd/thc to stay high for 3 days. I'd love to prove myself wrong however.

me neither, and lord knows I tried my damndest!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    me neither, and lord knows I tried my damndest!
    Yeah, same. Longest I was able to maintain from a single ingestion was 10 hours, and I took a 3 hour nap. I tried to od on Sunday and failed miserably again.

“By the tons it is coming into this country — the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms…. Marihuana is a short cut to the insane asylum. Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters. Hasheesh makes a murderer who kills for the love of killing out of the mildest mannered man who ever laughed at the idea that any habit could ever get him….” said one expert.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I need to let my dog to gnaw my shoulder and hip

ha ha. As I expected still shilling for your beloved industry. You do your product a disservice by ignoring the obvious which I suppose is typical of fan boys.

It is like mt.gox and Bitcoin. I use Bitcoin but recognize it's flaws and in the past recognized I should stay away from exchanges like mt.gox. Yet the fan boys were so defensive of Bitcoin they would defend mt.gox seeing it as an attack on Bitcoin. Those folks have absolutely no credibility now, like you failing to admit or recognizing the problem effects of some formulations

'Synthetic Marijuana' Causes 11,000 ER Visits Annually
    http://www.livescience.com/36766-syn...lth-teens.html
    ...have been linked with a number of side effects, including vomiting, rapid heart rate, increased blood pressure, seizures, hallucinations and paranoid behavior.

Alarming 5 Emergencies Per Day, Synthetic Marijuana in Lubbock
    http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d/...-k-Oie38OebkEw
    Synthetic marijuana overdoses in Lubbock are on the rise with at least 5 overdoses a day coming into emergency rooms according to EMS.
    Synthetic marijuana can cause an altered state of consciousness, sweats, fever and an elevated heart rate that can lead to heart attack and even death.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-15-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah, a lot of pot theses days can have the effect of shrooms or even LSD. This comes from multiple hard core smokers (who have also indulged in shrooms and acid).
    Sounds to me like someone has been mixing their trees with sally...

thanks guys. I've enjoyed most of this discussion.

it seems that no one has ever heard of this dog gnawing on a kids arm before, but with all the stories of black men having pot fueled orgies w/young white girls, I can see why this is so easy to believe....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

ha ha. As I expected still shilling for your beloved industry. You do your product a disservice by ignoring the obvious which I suppose is typical of fan boys.

It is like mt.gox and Bitcoin. I use Bitcoin but recognize it's flaws and in the past recognized I should stay away from exchanges like mt.gox. Yet the fan boys were so defensive of Bitcoin they would defend mt.gox seeing it as an attack on Bitcoin. Those folks have absolutely no credibility now, like you failing to admit or recognizing the problem effects of some formulations
    Did you really just use "synthetic" cannabis (aka something other than cannabis) to show the dangers of real cannabis?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What a bunch of BS.

First of all, they had hash in the 60s and they had good weed in the 60s and 70s.. it was on average not as good but there was good weed around. Also prevalent were thai sticks, which had opium on top of being about as strong as the cannabis of today. Also, strong cannabis just means you don't need to smoke as much. Weak cannabis means you need to intake more smoke to feel similar effects. Stronger cannabis is much healthier.

When people have too much wax and dabs or whatever, they don't get agitated, they usually end up sleeping on the couch or playing video games. That article is total horse $#@!.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    thanks guys. I've enjoyed most of this discussion.

it seems that no one has ever heard of this dog gnawing on a kids arm before, but with all the stories of black men having pot fueled orgies w/young white girls, I can see why this is so easy to believe....
    If a person fell into a ditch unconscious from alcohol poisoning or some other drug and a dog came along gnawed on the guys arm whom did not awaken until a good size chunk was taken off his arm would anyone question the validity of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a bunch of BS.

First of all, they had hash in the 60s and they had good weed in the 60s and 70s.. it was on average not as good but there was good weed around. Also prevalent were thai sticks, which had opium on top of being about as strong as the cannabis of today. Also, strong cannabis just means you don't need to smoke as much. Weak cannabis means you need to intake more smoke to feel similar effects. Stronger cannabis is much healthier.

When people have too much wax and dabs or whatever, they don't get agitated, they usually end up sleeping on the couch or playing video games. That article is total horse $#@!.
    A simple google search shows reports of incidents like this all over the country but this is all just one big conspiracy theory?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems pretty straight-forward.

I would not recommend a young amateur drinker start off with shots of grain alcohol. I would not recommend an amateur smoker start off with bong rips and wax. I would not recommend anyone taking any amount of legal speed, opiates and other damaging and addictive drugs from the pharmaceutical companies.

However, out of the 3, I think it's pretty clear which one is going to have the least amount of harm from ingesting too much.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

I am worried about a dog that would do such a thing. That is not a dog you want to be around human beings, but yea, bull$#@! story is bull$#@!.

A simple google search shows reports of incidents like this all over the country but this is all just one big conspiracy theory?
    A simple google search for me revealed a bunch of rehashes of the same scare-piece topic. Would you care to show me any articles that suggest that this is a real problem, and not jsut hyperbolizing a couple people who got a little too high, and ended up fine?

And the psychosis trigger is an entirely debateable premise, there is also evidence that pot can help control psychosis.... And if it is triggering a mental condition, then that person was likely going to have their psychotic tendencies triggered anyway. I can agree that these people probably need help that doesn't involve marijuana use, but that has nothing to with everyone else.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

You are trying to compare alcohol to Marijuana.

there is no comparison. not in any way whatsoever. Pot is not like alcohol in any way. And in many ways it is decidedly opposite.

If a person fell into a ditch unconscious from alcohol poisoning or some other drug and a dog came along gnawed on the guys arm whom did not awaken until a good size chunk was taken off his arm would anyone question the validity of the story?
    Again,, Marijuana does not cause unconsciousness,, alcohol does.

They are in no way comparable.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-15-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast