Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a boy so high that he didn’t feel anything while a dog “gnawed his arm to the bone"

a boy so high that he didn’t feel anything while a dog “gnawed his arm to the bone"

there is only one thing the CO does much better than WA....
    Pot laws have parents worried about effect on kids
    Dr. Leslie Walker, chief of adolescent medicine at Seattle Children’s. Among other warnings about pot, Walker said she knew a boy so high that he didn’t feel anything while a dog “gnawed his arm to the bone.” She declined to be more specific.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...tteensxml.html

Has anyone ever heard this story before?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never heard anything of the kind with pot. But many times with alcohol.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Ambien + Alcohol + Pot maybe
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My cousin od'd last thursday, when he injected four marijuanas.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    My bad! You're a farming snob.

That would be Peter from DEA Fairy Tales

Ridiculous. I'm not all that knowledgable about drugs, but I know enough to realize that marijuana wouldn't do this.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

He would have had to eaten enough brownies to put him to sleep and woke up with the munchies and eaten the rest of the brownies. Then he might have slept through it but I seriously doubt it.

I'll bet the cat did it, trying to get the dog in trouble.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post

Yep.

Looks like breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yep.

Just add some bacon and we could have breakfast.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 04-14-2014 at 05:30 PM.

She declined to be more specific.
    A friend, of a friend, of a cousin twice removed, who knew someone across the street..............

This is how urban legends are borne.

It is not like was in the old days. It can certainly be worse than alcohol these days. I do not see the average person passing out or messed up for a day from a few drinks or a couple of shots.

Today’s marijuana is too strong, and that’s bad for new business.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health...t_strains.html
    Marijuana is much stronger than it used to be. Lots of the strains for sale at medical marijuana dispensaries are approaching 25 percent THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, the compound in the plant known for getting you wicked high. Sitting around a winter solstice bonfire in the Seattle area this December, I heard a woman in her 60s tell a story about her husband taking a tiny toke on a joint that was going around a dinner party, only to pass out in his chair.
    An elder statesman of Generation X, comedian Louis C.K., has a bit in his Live at the Beacon Theater special about taking “big hits. Like big, 1970s, jean jacket, Bad Company hits” of modern, high potency dope, and then everything going terrifically terrible. “When I was a kid you could just smoke a joint for a while. Now you take two hits and you go insane,” he says. “It's not doable anymore.”

“Our potencies here are off the scale,” confirms longtime grower Todd Ellison, co-founder of Colorado Marijuana Marketing, a one-stop shop for weed-related entrepreneurs in search of marketing help. “I have a guy who taught me to grow, who has been growing since the ’60s. And this stuff blows him away.” And Ellison agrees. “I am almost 40. I’ve got three kids. You don’t want something that is going to lay you out and make you stupid all day.”

Why is dope so strong? Because plants with big, strong buds maximize the profit of the basement grower. Plus, the people who grow it and sell it also smoke it, and they’ve got high tolerances and a deep fondness for its effects. They like it strong.

This THC obsession has created a bimodal weed supply. There’s the carefully bred marijuana, with excellent flavor and aroma and pleasing suite of effects—which are ridiculously, hallucinatory, time-stutteringly strong for a casual user.
    Stronger marijuana drug called wax
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-in-california
    Wax is a distillation of marijuana that is so potent that it is said a single hit will keep a person high for more than a day....

And it’s like smoking 20 joints of the best grade of weed that you have into one hit of the wax.”
    That cannot be healthy.

Sounds like one of those dogs that gets into the marijuana jar and eats it up got hungry and ate the kid. Where is that topic?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Yeah, a lot of pot theses days can have the effect of shrooms or even LSD. This comes from multiple hard core smokers (who have also indulged in shrooms and acid).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It is not like was in the old days. It can certainly be worse than alcohol these days. I do not see the average person passing out or messed up for a day from a few drinks or a couple of shots.

That cannot be healthy.
    That is more anti-drug propaganda. People have been growing sinsemilla for centuries if not millenniums. Sure, back in the 70s you could smoke Colombian dirt weed by the bag. You can do the same with Mexi-brick garbage today. Attaining the same level of euphoria, or nausea relief, or anxiety relief, or orbital pressure relief, or headache relief, etc. with smoking less plant material is a positive. People have been vaporizing for decades. There have always been high THC strains. And people have always manipulated the plant to continue producing THC instead of seed sacks.

"It is said a single hit will keep a person high for more than a day"......... by who? "And it's like smoking twenty joints of the best grade of weed that you have into one hit of the wax"... oh really... well that satisfies my scientific curiosities.

This is so patently absurd I feel amiss speaking on it. It's like debunking "Bloody Mary" legends.

Earlier in this thread there was a picture of eggs referencing "your brain on drugs" propaganda which sourced a study where a doctor, who committed crimes against humanity in his involuntary brain electrode implantation of prisoners in the South, suffocated six monkeys. After there was an autopsy, the oxygen deprived monkey's brains showed signs of damage. The results were never duplicated and the study condemned by anyone with an inkling of medical integrity. But the desired effect was had and people to this day quote that nonsense as if it is fact. This is the same scenario.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    there is only one thing the CO does much better than WA....

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...tteensxml.html

yeah, i think i read something similar in a Dean Koontz novel...let me check...brb

Sounds like the "I knew a kid that got so high, he thought he was an orange and peeled his own skin off" story I used to hear when I was 12.

"An entire family was murdered by a youthful addict in Florida. When officers arrived at the home, they found the youth staggering about in a human slaughterhouse. With an axe he had killed his father, mother, two brothers, and a sister. He seemed to be in a daze… He had no recollection of having committed the multiple crime. The officers knew him ordinarily as a sane, rather quiet young man; now he was pitifully crazed. They sought the reason. The boy said that he had been in the habit of smoking something which youthful friends called “muggles,” a childish name for marijuana."[14]

Anslinger has been accused [11] to be responsible for racial themes in articles against marijuana in the 1930s.

“By the tons it is coming into this country — the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms…. Marihuana is a short cut to the insane asylum. Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters. Hasheesh makes a murderer who kills for the love of killing out of the mildest mannered man who ever laughed at the idea that any habit could ever get him….”[15]

"Colored students at the Univ. of Minn. partying with (white) female students, smoking [marijuana] and getting their sympathy with stories of racial persecution. Result: pregnancy"[16][17]

"Two Negros took a girl fourteen years old and kept her for two days under the influence of hemp. Upon recovery she was found to be suffering from syphilis."[17][18]
    From his testimony for the consideration HR6385 in 1937 (Marihuana Tax Act)
    MR. LEWIS: Does it strengthen the criminal will; does it operate as whisky might, to provoke recklessness?

MR. ANSLINGER: I think it makes them irresponsible. A man does not know what he is doing. It has not been recognized as a defense by the courts, although it has been used as a defense.

MR. LEWIS: Probably the word "excuse" or "mitigation" would be better than defense, I think.

MR. ANSLINGER: Here is one of the worst cases I have seen. The district attorney told me the defendant in this case pleaded that he was under the influence of marihuana when he committed that crime, but that has not been recognized.

We have several cases of that kind. There was one town in Ohio where a young man went into a hotel and held up the clerk and killed him, and his defense was that he had been affected by the use of marihuana.

MR. FULLER: The only question was whether or not he knew what he was doing, whether he was insane. That is always a defense, whether or not a man is in such a state of mind that he does not know good from evil. The question is whether or not his mind is right, whether he is responsible.

MR. ANSLINGER: As to these young men I was telling you about, one of them said if he had killed somebody on the spot he would not have known it.

In Florida a 21-year-old boy under the influence of this drug killed his parents and his brothers and sisters. The evidence showed that he had smoke marihuana.

In Chicago recently two boys murdered a policeman while under the influence of marihuana. Not long ago we found a 15-year-old boy going insane because, the doctor told the enforcement officers, he thought the boy was smoking marihuana cigarettes. They traced the sale to some man who had been growing marihuana and selling it to these boys all under 15 years of age, on a playground there.

MR. JENKINS: In my home town just recently two boys were sent to the penitentiary for life for killing a man, and their defense was built upon the fact that they had used a drug. I do not believe it was this drug.

MR. ANSLINGER: There have been a number of cases in Ohio recently.

MR. JENKINS: The defense was made for them by a very successful lawyer.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

This story sounds like it's straight out of the "Reefer Madness!" propaganda campaign of the 1930s:

http://reefermadnessmuseum.org/chap10/Gore.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

That cannot be healthy.
    Retarded. The good stuff is preferred over the cheaper stuff because you use less and get a cleaner high. You consume significantly less!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, a lot of pot theses days can have the effect of shrooms or even LSD. This comes from multiple hard core smokers (who have also indulged in shrooms and acid).
    That is fiction.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    That is fiction.
    Ok, whatever. God forbid someone say anything you don't want repeated about your favorite drug, included things said by other pot smokers (and eaters).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A bull$#@! sales pitch,

As someone who has experienced all,, none have similar effects.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    Retarded. The good stuff is preferred over the cheaper stuff because you use less and get a cleaner high. You consume significantly less!

That is fiction.
    Not to mention it is much healthier.

Bugs, mold, pesticides, etc. is not the way a product should be offered. The only reason why it is not only high grade sinsemilla being smoked and sold is because of the government's fascist policies.

As to it being akin to mushrooms or LSD, people need to consider that with a black market you often have criminals providing a fraudulent product. If it is cheaper for them to cut synthetic marijuana into a bag of medicinal, that will on occasion happen. As well as all sorts of other adulterants or drugs it may come in residual contact with.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A bull$#@! sales pitch,

I'll second this.

Every hallucinogen acts differently. And with regards to that, having smoked countless pounds of countless strains, some of the best in the country, I would not consider marijuana to even be a hallucinogen.

They say it affects everyone differently but I have doubts that the fundamental effects could be that drastically changed.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A bull$#@! sales pitch,

Sorry, I can't get into any contests on this, as I have not personally done all of them. I have known plenty of people over the years who have, and they make the comparisons. No doubt there are also contrasts that can be made, especially by gourmet drug users. I can tell you first hand that the buzz obtained from beer, wine and hard liquor are distinct, yet they are all alcohol. Very similar, but also different.

Of course it's more potent than it was 40 years ago.
    What did anyone think was going to happen when sentences were tied to mass?
    They were going to grow more potent stuff, so carrying a small amount with a smaller potential sentence got you just as high.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Ridiculous. I'm not all that knowledgable about drugs, but I know enough to realize that marijuana wouldn't do this.
    Well, I am.
    The worst pot-related freak-out I ever saw was a 14 year old girl high for the first time who became convinced she had needles in her ears.
    (Relax, I was 14 too.)
    Her friend took her to the back room and just cradled her as she cried.

And even after that... she turned into super junkie.
    Geez, I forgot about that conversation about a month after I told her how bad Robotussin DM $#@!s you up... she told me she was doing it like every other day.
    Anyone who's done DMT will tell you that's hardcore.

I don't know how she turned out, but I wasn't a whole lot better than her and I turned out mostly ok.....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I can't embed this video....but it's a classic.

VIDEO GAME JUNKIE

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81302474/
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast