Thread: Bundy Ranch - The problem with "public" land.

Bundy Ranch - The problem with "public" land.

I'm a little slow, I just heard about this story. My first thought is that this is one of the dangers of public land. From what I understand the western states have a very high percentage of public property. I'm guessing this is the root cause of this confrontation. If Bundy owned the land outright, there wouldn't be any issue or at least things would be a lot less complicated.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm a little slow, I just heard about this story. My first thought is that this is one of the dangers of public land. From what I understand the western states have a very high percentage of public property. I'm guessing this is the root cause of this confrontation. If Bundy owned the land outright, there wouldn't be any issue or at least things would be a lot less complicated.
    Actually,, back when over 50 ranchers shared the same open land there was little problem,, until the Fed got involved and started running them out of business.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Actually,, back when over 50 ranchers shared the same open land there was little problem,, until the Fed got involved and started running them out of business.
    I agree that the feds owning the land is much worse than the state. But wouldn't you rather have the land privately owned?