Thread: Police Are Testing a "Live Google Earth" To Watch Crime As It Happens

Default Police Are Testing a "Live Google Earth" To Watch Crime As It Happens

http://gizmodo.com/police-are-testin...ium=socialflow

In Compton last year, police began quietly testing a system that allowed them to do something incredible: Watch every car and person in real time as they ebbed and flowed around the city. Every assault, every purse snatched, every car speeding away was on record—all thanks to an Ohio company that monitors cities from the air.

The Center for Investigative Reporting takes a look at a number of emerging surveillance technologies in a new video, but one in particular stands out: A wide-area surveillance system invented by Ross McNutt, a retired Air Force veteran who owns a company called Persistent Surveillance Systems.

McNutt describes his product as "a live version of Google Earth, only with TiVo capabilities," which is intriguing but vague (and also sounds a lot like the plot of this terrible Denzel movie). More specifically, PSS outfits planes with an array of super high-resolution cameras that allow a pilot to record a 25-square-mile patch of Earth constantly—for up to six hours.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Just read about this. Thanks for beating me to the punch in posting. The integration of a total Panopticon continues unabated.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

so no more privacy behind your privacy fence. ty $#@!s!!

You can't make this stuff up.

invented by Ross McNutt, a retired Air Force veteran who owns a company called Persistent Surveillance Systems.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You can't make this stuff up.
    invented by Ross McNutt, a retired Air Force veteran who owns a company called Persistent Surveillance Systems.
    As a small child I used to wonder why kids that exhibited this sort of tendency weren't taken out and drowned in the river, and adults locked up in the insane asylum.

But they can't find a plane in ocean?

I guess I'm gonna have to stop walking around my property naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Drudge is a traitor to the Leader and the Revolution.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    so no more privacy behind your privacy fence. ty $#@!s!!
    Private Company!!!

They can do whatever they want!!!

Blarg Blarg Blarg
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-14-2014 at 07:05 PM.

I hope they will start from their own station first. I worked in the prison system ... My greatest fear was always fellow officers before perps ... And I was told from day 1 of training, that the inmates I patrolled were not to be feared, nearly as much as my fellow officers. Corruption, blackmail, extortion, etc. A large majority of law enforcement officers are as bad or worse than the people they put away.

You bunch of kooks. They're just trying to protect, aw crap, can't do this one either...

The control freaks that have turned technology into a weapon used against the public need to have this crap turned upon themselves, and them alone. We cannot record inside government buildings. We cannot record police in many places without being willing to pony up the money for a law suit after likely bodily harm along with destruction of our recording equipment. This technology is as offensive if not more so than when the story broke on how much the government knows about our internet transactions. Yet, my guess is, many will applaud this surveillance until they start finding it will be used by code, children services (we didn't see you supervising your children outside), animal control, EPA, and the list goes on. By then the system will be so prevalent it will be virtually impossible to get rid of and we can all reminisce about the good old days when we could sit outside without flyovers costing us various lawsuits for the laws we unwittingly break every day.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

In the (not so distant) future, I see this working like those red light cameras. We'll all be micro-chipped and when we're caught breaking some stupid law, we'll be sent a ticket in the mail (complete with a grainy b&w photo) or worse, a visit from Officer "Friendly". We're so $#@!ed.