Thread: 2:30am at a 7-11 near Disney World - 1987 [Video w/ 1.5M views]

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

2:30am at a 7-11 near Disney World - 1987 [Video w/ 1.5M views]

I've been meaning to post this for a long time. The video really has nothing special in it except that it captured a random late night scene from a corner store, in 1987. There's a lot of commentary on it as to how society has changed. Is this a good reflection of change, or just a out-lying minor sample? What has changed? I know for some, watching this will bring back some memories of "Yes, that's more of how things were".

Whatever the case, with 1,500,000 views, it's got some attention. Watch, and come to your own conclusions, or not...

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, what a blast from the past! I loved it, I was 17 in 1987 and I think a lot has changed. The first thing I noticed was the people smoking in the store, then it struck me how people were looking at each other while they were talking. I miss that. Everyone's always looking at their stupid phones, grrrr, I hate those things.

Ha! This is awesome. Love the men. Hairy and not bald.

I never understood why guys started wearing shorts below the knees, and this reminded me of the good old days....

For one thing, random video taping of people in public places was relatively new and it wasn't seen as invasive. We were alot less suspicious of each other back then. I was about to graduate that year. Still hate the hair styles. lol...
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Wow, what a blast from the past! I loved it, I was 17 in 1987 and I think a lot has changed. The first thing I noticed was the people smoking in the store, then it struck me how people were looking at each other while they were talking. I miss that. Everyone's always looking at their stupid phones, grrrr, I hate those things.
    Same things that I noticed. I was 32 then.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin