Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Turn the Other Cheek' Beck Decries Potential Violence in Bundy Standoff

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

'Turn the Other Cheek' Beck Decries Potential Violence in Bundy Standoff

Sorry Glenn but by the time 'God' gets on the scene, we'll all be fertilizer. Enough with the Rapture like excuses for inaction! And I'm speaking as one of your fans. But you're just wrong. And for the record, we never started this. We've been the patient, aggrieved party.

http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...s-hand-of-god/
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-12-2014 at 04:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Great response on Beck's facebook:

Yeah and I read your column what if in the revolutionary war we would have just said Let God take care of it. Thats why he gave us hands, and voices and above all freedom so that we being instruments could put an end to tyranny and we did. God help us if we would have listened to someone like you back then. America there would be no America. It took men with bravery who were willing to fight for what they believed in and if you read your bible Glenn God gives us permission to do so and I will find that verse for you. I feel the same way about these officers as I did the officers that wouldn't allow the WW2 veterans in because they were doing their jobs they are cowards and are not americans. Glen I will have to think twice before tuning in to you again.

God is always on the scene, but He also gave us the intelligence to figure out how to defend ourselves. We can't just sit by waiting for His physical engraved invitation.

Potential Violence?

Give me a $#@!in' break.

The violence was initiated by Government agents. Protesters were peaceful,, even though many were visibly armed.
    I saw a lot of folks with sidearms,, and a few slung rifles.. But they were peaceful..
    The Militia was there,, armed.. and yet they were peaceful. standing in defense and not making threats.

The violence came from the Government agents. The threats came from the Government agents.

If there was to be any violence it would have been started by the Government agents.. The only thing that prevented that was the ability to respond to that violence,, with violence.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

God wills it!
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Potential Violence?

Give me a $#@!in' break.

The violence was initiated by Government agents. Protesters were peaceful,, even though many were visibly armed.
    I saw a lot of folks with sidearms,, and a few slung rifles.. But they were peaceful..
    The Militia was there,, armed.. and yet they were peaceful. standing in defense and not making threats.

The violence came from the Government agents. The threats came from the Government agents.

If there was to be any violence it would have been started by the Government agents.. The only thing that prevented that was the ability to respond to that violence,, with violence.
    Well said Pete......

Unfortunately I'm repless...

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    God wills it!
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! Beck.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

can we NOW stop the Beck threads?

i know i know...won't happen.

just thinkin out loud.

Beck is against all forms of violence. Except for when it comes to Iran. Then its bombs away!!

I don't even understand why this Board even gives one iota of credence to what Glenn Beck says ... He's just a tooted out cocaine addict, as is 90% of our White House and Congress... I don't believe Glenn Beck, Nancy Pelosi, Holder, Reid, Boehner, King, Graham, McCain, Limbaugh, McConnell, Obama, Holder could pass a piss test to night...

Challenge them, and order a piss test on these maggots. Damn, it is required by them, to order drug tests on anyone making minimum wage or more... Order on them ... bet you not one of them will pass the piss test.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well said Pete......

Unfortunately I'm repless...
    Covered
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Sorry Glenn but by the time 'God' gets on the scene, we'll all be fertilizer.
    That doesn't make God wrong.

Sorry Glenn but by the time 'God' gets on the scene, we'll all be fertilizer. Enough with the Rapture like excuses for inaction! And I'm speaking as one of your fans. But you're just wrong. And for the record, we never started this. We've been the patient, aggrieved party.

http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...s-hand-of-god/
    Your honesty in posting this is admirable Auh20. I know you have been a staunch supporter of this $#@! in the past and to see you not turn a blind eye to this guy's treachery speaks to your character. +rep
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again, as has always happened in the past, when crunch-time arrives, Beck shows his true colors.

I find it inexplicable how anyone on this forum can't see this guy for what he is.

Sure beck. If we follow your advise we will all be lined up and herded around like cattle.

I don't think the "turn the other cheek" means what he thinks it does. The whole premise of that passage is to be slow to anger and not be rash. It still applies here, but doesn't mean you have to stand down every time there is a crime against you.

And damn I'm ready to move to NV

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I don't think the "turn the other cheek" means what he thinks it does. The whole premise of that passage is to be slow to anger and not be rash. It still applies here, but doesn't mean you have to stand down every time there is a crime against you.
    I'm glad that Jesus voluntarily submitted to the tyrants when they murdered him.

'Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God' Ben Franklin

Great response on Beck's facebook:

Yeah and I read your column what if in the revolutionary war we would have just said Let God take care of it. Thats why he gave us hands, and voices and above all freedom so that we being instruments could put an end to tyranny and we did. God help us if we would have listened to someone like you back then. America there would be no America. It took men with bravery who were willing to fight for what they believed in and if you read your bible Glenn God gives us permission to do so and I will find that verse for you. I feel the same way about these officers as I did the officers that wouldn't allow the WW2 veterans in because they were doing their jobs they are cowards and are not americans. Glen I will have to think twice before tuning in to you again.
    I don't think the cops that stupidly complied with the orders to prevent the WWII veterans from worshipping America at their stupid memorial is anywhere near comparable to this.

The commentator is a military-worshipping idiot. I'm getting sick of 'em. WWII was evil just like almost every other war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    God wills it!
    I believe God wills everything that happens. He is the sovereign Lord of the Universe, and he always gets his way. That's the metaphysical issue. But we rightly do not deal with metaphysics when we make decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That doesn't make God wrong.
    True, but it might mean that Glenn Beck doesn't know what he's trying to say
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I'm glad that Jesus voluntarily submitted to the tyrants when they murdered him.
    I know you aren't in any way shape or form "pro-state" but I've always found it really, really annoying when people have tried to use Jesus Christ as an argument for why tyrants should be obeyed. Basically any other argument... the apostles, Romans 13, 1 Peter 2... ANY other argument would be better than that one. But, Jesus pretty obviously came to earth for a specific reason, so trying to draw absolute moral principles from his death seems like a stretch to me. HUGE stretch.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I know you aren't in any way shape or form "pro-state" but I've always found it really, really annoying when people have tried to use Jesus Christ as an argument for why tyrants should be obeyed. Basically any other argument... the apostles, Romans 13, 1 Peter 2... ANY other argument would be better than that one. But, Jesus pretty obviously came to earth for a specific reason, so trying to draw absolute moral principles from his death seems like a stretch to me. HUGE stretch.
    You don't think we should draw moral principles from his death?

He didn't present it as a pattern to follow? It wasn't an action that exemplified his own teachings and commands to his disciples?

The way Jesus conquered Satan (which I take to be practically synonymous with the state) is the same way he wants us to. When he rides victorious over the Beast in a robe drenched in blood, that blood will be his, not theirs. And on the way toward that victory, his saints will also overcome by the same blood of the lamb, and they will do this by not loving their lives even unto death.

When the state prods us towards its wishes, it can only increase the strength of its prodding up to the point of taking our physical lives. That is its limit. For believers in Jesus that's nothing. And when we show the state that we see it as nothing, the state becomes absolutely powerless over us. Do I think this is one important lesson to draw from the cross? Absolutely. And I am thoroughly convinced that it's biblical. In fact, when statist Christians recognize it, they will be awakened something that is very close to the center of the Christian faith.
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-13-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    'Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God' Ben Franklin
    Never seen that one, I have seen: "Resistence to Tyrants is Obedience to God." ~Thomas Jefferson.

But my fovorite founding father quote is: "Fully 90% of the historical quotes on the internet are false, or misattributed" ~ George Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whether it was Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, neither of them had much interest in being biblical. This is not to say that Glenn Beck does.

You don't think we should draw moral principles from his death?

He didn't present it as a pattern to follow? It wasn't an action that exemplified his own teachings and commands to his disciples?

The way Jesus conquered Satan (which I take to be practically synonymous with the state) is the same way he wants us to. When he rides victorious over the Beast in a robe drenched in blood, that blood will be his, not theirs. And on the way toward that victory, his saints will also overcome by the same blood of the lamb, and they will do this by not loving their lives even unto death.
    Are you saying that self-defense against the state is always and in every case immoral? If that's the case I disagree with you. And I think using Jesus (who had a greater purpose in laying down his life than just an ethical principle) as an argument for doing so is invalid. You can't separate Jesus' decision to allow himself to be killed from the reason why he came into the world.

Whether it was Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, neither of them had much interest in being biblical. This is not to say that Glenn Beck does.
    Yeah, but Ehud was Biblical.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Are you saying that self-defense against the state is always and in every case immoral?
    No. I can't say that. But I would say that there is positive benefit and glory in following Christ's example in doing the opposite, which Christians must see. The state will lose its war against Christ not by Christians killing its agents, but by its agents killing Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, but Ehud was Biblical.
    Ehud was biblical in the sense of being a character in the Bible. That's not what I was talking about.

I'm a Christian, but I'm not Jesus.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast