Thread: One of the biggest weaknesses of Hillary Clinton. Grown up gamers.

One of the biggest weaknesses of Hillary Clinton. Grown up gamers.

Just a reminder for Rand enthusiasts when you encounter Hillary being brought up in conversations online and offline. This woman vilified beloved video game companies horrendously during the 90's and 00'. Now millions of gamers are now voters such as myself and have a personal ax to grind with this woman. Don't forget to remind people the way she picked and bullied gamers and game companies for acts that were done by criminals.

The gaming community is a close nit community just like Ron Paul supporters. A little bit of vengeance when she loses would be utterly fantastic. I would cum buckets if she and her staff acknowledging that the video game community rose up and are sending her to defeat. Rand doesn't even need to alienate his base on conservative issues once he beats the other candidates in the primaries. Just remind the audience that she has a long history of being against the first amendment such as with video games.

Gamers may unite!

It would make me grin. Reach out to 38-24 year old gamers people! Assume some of us may have forgotten!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Just a reminder for Rand enthusiasts when you encounter Hillary being brought up in conversations online and offline. This woman vilified beloved video game companies horrendously during the 90's and 00'. Now millions of gamers are now voters such as myself and have a personal ax to grind with this woman. Don't forget to remind people the way she picked and bullied gamers and game companies for acts that were done by criminals.

The gaming community is a close nit community just like Ron Paul supporters. A little bit of vengeance when she loses would be utterly fantastic. I would cum buckets if she and her staff acknowledging that the video game community rose up and are sending her to defeat. Rand doesn't even need to alienate his base on conservative issues once he beats the other candidates in the primaries. Just remind the audience that she has a long history of being against the first amendment such as with video games.

Gamers may unite!

It would make me grin. Reach out to 38-24 year old gamers people! Assume some of us may have forgotten!
    It will be interesting to see if Rand can win the youth vote. Does anyone know the last time a Republican has won the 18-24 demographic?

I play games on Steam and also listen to BOTH doctors!

Gamers crack me up.
    I like to play backgammon, checkers, poker, rummy, clabber ...

And even though my games are infinitely better and tested through the ages .. I still don't take them near as serious as those who deck out their jeep wranglers with "call of duty" gear.

I just can't fathom having the free time to even consider ever having such a hobby.

That said, sure, show the Hilary whatcha made of!

Republicans simply don't know how to play politics at least at the federal level. It's true and sad. Republicans need to LEARN how to play the game. If Hitlery did vilify the gaming industry, then "Hillary attacks gamers..." should be the political model to wake that potential voting group up.

Hillary might not be the Democrat candidate. I have a vendor that sees me every other week at work. His financial investment company (not sure if I should give his company's name out) is very good at what they do. They observed in a conference call meeting that NO FRONT RUNNER has gone on to win the Democrat nomination since the 1970s. Hence, Hillary does not have history on her side. Watch out for a potential dark horse. If Hillary does hold on to her front runner status and get the nomination, I believe the only way to beat her would be a Rand/Cruz ticket. Rand is slowing working the black community as of the last several years albeit a very tough task. If he can swing an extra 5 to 10% his way on drug issues, Cruz can help swing some of the Hispanic voters into to the Republican Party. The Republicans need to learn how to get other demographic voters. As Buchanan says, white people are declining, religious people are becoming less so, the country is becoming more open to things like gay marriage or at least unions, and want pot legalized or at least decriminalized, etc. If the Republican Party does not adapt, they are toast. I think Rand is one of the few Republicans who gets that and has stated such himself.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    Gamers crack me up.

And even though my games are infinitely better and tested through the ages .. I still don't take them near as serious as those who deck out their jeep wranglers with "call of duty" gear.

I just can't fathom having the free time to even consider ever having such a hobby.

Might be time to get out from under that rock. Gaming is a multibillion dollar entertainment industry in the US alone, and a profession for many. Almost 60% of the US population plays some kind of video game, and that number only stands to increase as mobile technology continues to become more advanced and affordable.

Can you fathom how people find the time to watch TV, or play sports? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to fathom how people can find time to play games.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

I'm 30, been a gamer for 25 years, and must have been too young during the Clinton era to really remember what you're talking about. You got any links I could share? I'd love to spread some of that gossip on facebook next year.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-12-2014 at 09:36 PM.

I love video games personally, but I mean, you could hit Hillary with anything on her record. She is terrible on pretty much every single possible issue.

I honestly can't think of a single thing she is "good" on whether it be foreign policy, economic policy, or civil liberties. There are not many people I can say I disagree with them on every single issue and she is one of them (at least John McCain is against torture). All she has going for her (which is the only reason for any appeal she has) is that she was the First Lady during the Clinton Presidency which has positive connotations to the general disinterested-in-issues public and that she is a woman (as far as I know). I don't think that is enough to carry her to the White House or even the Democratic nomination unless the other candidates are equally as horrible in the Dem primary and if the Republican nominee is someone other than Rand Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gamers crack me up.

Oh, get off your high horse broski! Your games are no different than our games.

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Gamers crack me up.

Yet you have enough time to make 1500 posts on a message board.

The video game industry is one of the few industries where American companies are beating the Japanese. It always drove me nuts when some politician has tried to ban violent video games. None have succeeded due to the first amendment. Each case has cost the taxpayers millions because they had to pay for the government lawyers & the game industry lawyers when they lost each case.

It's especially galling since every game console, hdtv, cable box, satellite box, & blu-ray player has parental controls built into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Yet you have enough time to make 1500 posts on a message board.

Me thinks you're better off being less defensive. My posts are 1.38 per day and most were racked up during RP's campaign - but you still have a point about me being known to waste some time on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Might be time to get out from under that rock. Gaming is a multibillion dollar entertainment industry in the US alone, and a profession for many. Almost 60% of the US population plays some kind of video game, and that number only stands to increase as mobile technology continues to become more advanced and affordable.

Can you fathom how people find the time to watch TV, or play sports? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to fathom how people can find time to play games.
    Make me! My rock is cold and slimy, just the way I like it and it offers great protection as well.

But um, just because I don't "get it" doesn't mean I don't recognize it. I know many gamers. They have bumper stickers, keychains, jackets, etc. and belong to squads, groups, whatever you call 'em.
    Some have made some money but are quick to point out they don't do it for that reason and it doesn't add up to hardly anything per hour. Some do better at life than others.

Some of my friends I think are addicted to it in a very distracting and unhealthy way and it reflects in their marriages, occupation, etc. but I'm not blaming the game for that.
    My post was meant in fun.
    Probably most all non-gamers who know gamers got a chuckle out of it ... or maybe not ...

Don't be a bad sport about the fun and don't take yourself too seriously.

Make me! My rock is cold and slimy, just the way I like it and it offers great protection as well.

But um, just because I don't "get it" doesn't mean I don't recognize it. I know many gamers. They have bumper stickers, keychains, jackets, etc. and belong to squads, groups, whatever you call 'em.
    Some have made some money but are quick to point out they don't do it for that reason and it doesn't add up to hardly anything per hour. Some do better at life than others.

Some of my friends I think are addicted to it in a very distracting and unhealthy way and it reflects in their marriages, occupation, etc. but I'm not blaming the game for that.
    My post was meant in fun.
    Probably most all non-gamers who know gamers got a chuckle out of it ... or maybe not ...

Don't be a bad sport about the fun and don't take yourself too seriously.
    ...Okay...?
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I'm 30, been a gamer for 25 years, and must have been too young during the Clinton era to really remember what you're talking about. You got any links I could share? I'd love to spread some of that gossip on facebook next year.
    You tube brah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1udjd2Aq3E

...Okay...?
    Just about every group is worth a chuckle or two. Liberty activists, Harley riders, gamers, gear heads, old-timers, crunchies, new agers, etc.
    Look, every one of these groups and more have some sort of common comical aspect to those on the "outside" of their "group".

I know I'm an old fashioned type guy, and there are plenty of things all you youngin's deserve a good chuckle for because of that (the real laugh is that I'm "only" 26).

My point, is, 'gamers' crack me up.
    That is all.

To me its like someone who enjoys monopoly putting a bumper sticker of "the hat" or "shoe" on their car. It would make me laugh, but at the same time there are plenty of things about myself that would make others laugh.
    Its even. in a sense, its enjoyment of ones company.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which of the following is the best for gaming: PC, PS4, Wii U or XBox One?

There, now have a nerd fight for my amusement.

Senator Bayh. lol. So glad we got rid of that clown. ..... oh wait, Dan Coats was his replacement?? Crap. ...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post

As a rule, I can't advocate consoles in good conscience.

Depends on what you're in for. If you have at least a decent PC, the games will be cheaper (often dramatically so) and will look as good as the current gen systems. If you have a newer PC, the games will look better.

That said, a good deal of games are made for consoles and ported over to PC (with many games not getting ported over at all), so you aren't missing out too much by going with consoles if you want to play mainstream games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Rand could win the youth vote. He would need to act like his dad though.

None of the above.

PS1 will always be the ultimate gaming console.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Me thinks you're better off being less defensive. My posts are 1.38 per day and most were racked up during RP's campaign - but you still have a point about me being known to waste some time on the internets.
    Not defensive, just lolling.

Hillary's incompetence killed Ambassador Stevens... Who was an EVE online player. ...

Also, wasn't there a Maine republican that played WoW, but was berated for it?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Also, wasn't there a Maine republican that played WoW, but was berated for it?
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-14-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Almost 60% of the US population plays some kind of video game, and that number only stands to increase as mobile technology continues to become more advanced and affordable.
    LOL. The percentage increases daily as more boomers fall off the conveyor belt....
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

My point, is, 'gamers' crack me up.
    That is all.

To me its like someone who enjoys monopoly putting a bumper sticker of "the hat" or "shoe" on their car. It would make me laugh, but at the same time there are plenty of things about myself that would make others laugh.
    Its even. in a sense, its enjoyment of ones company.
    You come off rather clueless though when you toss in gamers who buy branding items with gamers in general. What you are also doing is comparing monopoly to a video games with the story quality of Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Vagrant Story. Is like comparing Hop Scotch to "Star Wars", "Game of Thrones", and "Hamlet" because you have kids that like to buy Star Wars toys.

Your killing me smalls. My side are in orbit.

I would knock off WiiU and Xb1.

PC and PS4 are better options.

What are you talking about whipper snapper. Your limiting your range.

I'm in my mid 40s and we were the first gamers. lol..

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/newt-.../02/id/539561/
    Despite his digital commitment, Gingrich said he doesn’t play computer games, although he toyed with the idea of buying the latest “Grand Theft Auto.”

“I almost bought Grand Theft Auto V, but my staff talked me out of it. I thought, anything that sold a billion dollars’ worth in three days, you should at least have some notion of what it was like,” he said. “But some of the younger staff explained, ‘This is probably not you.’”